Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12th Man
Watching the Seattle/Detroit game. If we could only be that crazy loud in Cincinnati. I know the accustics in thier stadium are above and beyond that of PBS but it would be awesome if the 12th man had even 1/2 the impact here vs there.
Just sayin!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our home crowd advantage is substantial . We don't get the media attention. Probably because we didn't name our crowd and made a flag .
Reply/Quote
Hmm, seems like just Sunday that I was hearing the announcers talking about how loud the crowd was in PBS.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I deal with Seattle fans on a daily basis. You don't want to become one of them, take my word.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 11:45 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: I deal with Seattle fans on a daily basis. You don't want to become one of them, take my word.
Haha this
Reply/Quote
Seattle is gonna take a beatin' in Cincinnati if they don't play better than this
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It is always very loud in section 108 and sounds loud everywhere else to me as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Jungle has been very kind to the Bengals the last 4 years, anyone have the win loss record at home under Dalton?

The place can get loud when it wants to, lets hope this Sunday is one of those days!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 11:57 PM)jason Wrote: Seattle is gonna take a beatin' in Cincinnati if they don't play better than this

Field goal home win against the Loins. Brrr?  Yawn
Reply/Quote
Game is already sold out so the numbers to make the noise will be there

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Our home crowd advantage is substantial . We don't get the media attention. Probably because we didn't name our crowd and made a flag .

seems like the right kind of project for the message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:16 AM)corpjet Wrote: The Jungle has been very kind to the Bengals the last 4 years, anyone have the win loss record at home under Dalton?

The place can get loud when it wants to, lets hope this Sunday is one of those days!

WELL i think the jungle picked it up in 2013.... But heres the Break down

2011 H: 4-4 R: 5-3
2012 H: 4-4 R: 6-2
2013 H: 8-0 R: 3-5
2014 H: 5-2-1 R: 5-3
2015 H: 2-0 R: 2-0

So So far Dalton is 23-10-1 @ Home (34 Games) And 21-13 on the Road (34 Games) in daltons Regular season career games
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Watching the Seattle/Detroit game. If we could only be that crazy loud in Cincinnati.  I know the accustics  in thier stadium are above and beyond that of PBS but it would be awesome if the 12th man had even 1/2 the impact here vs there.
Just sayin!

THE JUNGLE has been a FORCE the last few years. THE JUNGLE is back. ...it was gone for a long time, the Bungles being the Bungles...Boo Birds rained boo, boo, boo down on Carson and Dalton......but the last few years, THE JUNGLE came back to life as if it was 1981 or 1988 all over again.  ...You are correct, the 12th man must show up in this one.....I look for THE JUNGLE to continue to be the great fans they have been the last few years as the Bengals have been winning at home a lot. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Watching the Seattle/Detroit game. If we could only be that crazy loud in Cincinnati.  I know the accustics  in thier stadium are above and beyond that of PBS but it would be awesome if the 12th man had even 1/2 the impact here vs there.
Just sayin!

we do have 1/2 the impact.. opposing coaches and opposing players have said the Jungle gets loud and I believe we have one of the top home field records with Seattle in the league
Reply/Quote
There was decent noise for the KC game, but it seemed a lot louder for the SD game. Maybe because we're still pissed about the playof loss?

Need to be loud Sunday. When I look over at Carroll, I want to see him looking dejected and knowing he's getting his ass handed to him.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Seattle Coach Pete Carroll thank the 12th man for his assistance.

[Image: 180325512-coach-pete-carroll-of-the-seat...Z8fw%3D%3D]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:42 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: we do have 1/2 the impact.. opposing coaches and opposing players have said the Jungle gets loud and I believe we have one of the top home field records with Seattle in the league

Believe all you want but numbers do exist (I'm too lazy to look for numbers right now but you can feel free to find them if you don't believe what I'm about to state).  Last time I remember seeing a report on decibel levels for all NFL stadiums PBS was very far down the list.  Seattle has the name of twelfth man because in the past few years it has alternated between loudest and second loudest.

It used to be consistently Kansas City's Arrowhead Stadium that was the unquestioned loudest stadium and even now, it is the loudest stadium that isn't a dome.  I saw a few football games and Pink Floyd in that stadium and it truly is incredibly loud in the stands and louder on field because it is designed to funnel sound to the field.

Last time I saw a list of all 31 stadiums Cincy was near, but not quite at the bottom.  That was before the city knew what a really good defense (Palmer days).  Good defenses tend to get louder fans, for good reason, so if you can find a current list maybe it is louder now (and hopefully is).  But unless it cracks top ten I don't expect media to dwell on them more than the standard hype to make the game sound more interesting. Most seem to be acknowledged as "loud" when the fans get into it but that doesn't mean they are truly loud compared to the top 5 or 10.  I'm talking so loud you can feel it inside of your body when I say "truly loud".

Domes are loud by nature since sound doesn't escape.  The Georgia dome is the second loudest venue I've ever been in.  Neither Riverfront nor the current PBS is even close to either of the two I've mentioned as having been in and even a baseball stadium was louder in my own experience.  Ted Turner field in it's first season for a weekend game (only because they were playing the Reds, I hate the Braves).
Reply/Quote
Perhaps the crowd at PBS can match the energy we had when we faced off against the Broncos last year. That would be sweet.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:51 PM)Penn Wrote: Believe all you want but numbers do exist (I'm too lazy to look for numbers right now but you can feel free to find them if you don't believe what I'm about to state).  Last time I remember seeing a report on decibel levels for all NFL stadiums PBS was very far down the list.  Seattle has the name of twelfth man because in the past few years it has alternated between loudest and second loudest.

It used to be consistently Kansas City's Arrowhead Stadium that was the unquestioned loudest stadium and even now, it is the loudest stadium that isn't a dome.  I saw a few football games and Pink Floyd in that stadium and it truly is incredibly loud in the stands and louder on field because it is designed to funnel sound to the field.

Last time I saw a list of all 31 stadiums Cincy was near, but not quite at the bottom.  That was before the city knew what a really good defense (Palmer days).  Good defenses tend to get louder fans, for good reason, so if you can find a current list maybe it is louder now (and hopefully is).  But unless it cracks top ten I don't expect media to dwell on them more than the standard hype to make the game sound more interesting. Most seem to be acknowledged as "loud" when the fans get into it but that doesn't mean they are truly loud compared to the top 5 or 10.  I'm talking so loud you can feel it inside of your body when I say "truly loud".

Domes are loud by nature since sound doesn't escape.  The Georgia dome is the second loudest venue I've ever been in.  Neither Riverfront nor the current PBS is even close to either of the two I've mentioned as having been in and even a baseball stadium was louder in my own experience.  Ted Turner field in it's first season for a weekend game (only because they were playing the Reds, I hate the Braves).

guess you missed read my post... i never compared the Jungle to Seattle... was stating it is 1/2 that loud since the poster questioned if it was even 1/2 that loud.. and I have been to 11 away NFL parks including Kansas City,( how many you been too?) so I think i have a pretty good handle on NFL stadiums.... and have been going to games at Riverfront so i also know what im talking about...
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 10:37 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: guess you missed read my post... i never compared the Jungle to Seattle... was stating it is 1/2 that loud since the poster questioned if it was even 1/2 that loud.. and I have been to 11 away NFL parks including Kansas City,( how many you been too?) so I think i have a pretty good handle on NFL stadiums.... and have been going to games at Riverfront so i also know what im talking about...

I was agreeing with you, but I can see how it would have been taken as argumentative.  I just meant to say belief isn't all there is to it.  Stats exist on decibel levels in stadiums.

I've only looked into NFL stadium stats but I heard if you consider all US sports the home of UK Wildcats basketball is in the top 10.  Have you seen a game there and if so, does it seem that loud?

Oh, to answer your question only 8 nfl stadiums but 2 weren't football games and another 2 aren't even around anymore.  2 college (Corrnhuskers, Memorial is a great experience).  Only 6 baseball stadiums but 2 were also NFL at the time, (Riverfront and Three Rivers) and one was minor league/college world series.  I don't do basketball but 3 areanas, 2 of which were for hockey the other just a concert.

But anyway, I guess we agree PBS isn't loud enough to be considered special in that respect.  There are other nice things about the stadium experience there.
Reply/Quote