Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Mock
Round 1 - NT/DT - Vita Vea

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

So I'm stepping out on this pick because I simply think he's the most dominate highest potential D lineman in this draft.  While I don't think DT is a huge need for this team I do believe Vea would instantly make our Defensive line much better and Athletically I think he could play inside and out adding insane versatility to a genetic freak.

Round 2 - G/C/T - Isaiah Wynn 

[Image: 1504226148_Wynn_t1070_h5055bf5435a869000...6a410e.jpg]

I couldn't be more impressed with a lineman in this draft and technically I think he may be the best overall line talent.   While the draft buzz will be on Nelson and Hernandez I think Wynn may have the highest ceiling because of his technique and while he's a smaller lineman he has impressively long arms and the look of a top 10 line talent.  I expect he will add weight at the next level and with Nelson and Hernandez going in the 1st round we get the steal with Wynn in the 2nd.

#77 Left Tackle in the video

Round 3 - C - Frank Ragnow

[Image: 72-Frank-Ragnow-FB-2017-5690.jpg]

Billy price goes late first round and Ragnow may slip to third because he's a center coming off an injury.  One of the highest ceiling of a center in this draft and an instant upgrade to Bodine.  Picks up his blocking assignments well and while he isn't the best center ive ever seen he doesn't get beat often.

Round 3 - LB - Leighton Vander Esch (comp pick)

[Image: 59bb67680c838.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C851]

Had a breakout season this year and is a good prospect to play OLB.  Stout in run defense and rushing the passer with the size to cover TE's at the next level.  He most likely will be gone by this point, but its a Mock and Fantasy plays a part.

4th round - OT - Brandon Parker

[Image: 082417_brandonparker_eq_15_17310203.jpg?...strip=info]

This guy is shooting up scouting boards and I highly doubt he will be there in the 4th simply because of his size.  The guy is enormous and he's showing well at the senior bowl which may skyrocket his draft potential.  If he continues to show well for himself I could see him making it to 2nd or 3rd round.  He looks like a more natural right tackle at this point, but with his size I could see a good coach making him a starter in the NFL at LT

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wynn's arm length is actually 3/8" shorter than Boling. 33.125" for Wynn compared to 33.5" for Boling.
Good length for interior OL but not ideal length for OT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wynn's arm length is actually 3/8" shorter than Boling. 33.125" for Wynn compared to 33.5" for Boling.

yes but remember he's also 2-3 inches shorter than Boling.  Boling played well at LT at the end of the season so why not move him outside and take advantage of this great guard class.  What I like about Wynn is that he could play tackle if injuries dictated it and his tape is way better than Cedric.

Reply/Quote
I was listening to Nfl radio on serius radio, pat kirwin is not impressed with Parker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 02:47 PM)Okeana Wrote: yes but remember he's also 2-3 inches shorter than Boling.  Boling played well at LT at the end of the season so why not move him outside and take advantage of this great guard class.  What I like about Wynn is that he could play tackle if injuries dictated it and his tape is way better than Cedric.

Boling didn't play as good at LT as some think he did. He was just mediocre. People just got used to seeing putrid.
Boling is better at LG than LT.
When is much more used to playing LT compared to OG.
I'd rather try Wynn at LT first and keep Boling where he's better.
If that doesn't work, then look to move around.
Regardless, Wynn is a hell of a player and would improve the OL regardless.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 02:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Boling didn't play as good at LT as some think he did. He was just mediocre. People just got used to seeing putrid.
Boling is better at LG than LT.
When is much more used to playing LT compared to OG.
I'd rather try Wynn at LT first and keep Boling where he's better.
If that doesn't work, then look to move around.
Regardless, Wynn is a hell of a player and would improve the OL regardless.

agreed he could also play Center so if Redmond ends up at RG this season which wouldn't be a huge surprise we could see Wynn at LT or C.  Every year I have a player in the 2nd round that I really attach to and this year its Wynn.  I love guys who may not be genetic freaks, but win with technique and Wynn's technique is a beautiful thing coming out of college

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 02:48 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I was listening to Nfl radio on serius radio, pat kirwin is not impressed with Parker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure a developmental guy, but I see him as a RT that can work behind Andre smith for a season or two.  Which is why I put him as a 4th round pick.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wynn's arm length is actually 3/8" shorter than Boling. 33.125" for Wynn compared to 33.5" for Boling.

I think he ends up being a LG but Wynn has the feet quickness technique and thr aggressiveness to be one of those shorter guys that excels at tackle.

It would not surprise me at all. Now Wynn at center is a bigger question mark for me because he's just never done it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I agree with this mock 100 percent. Although I do think that the tackle I would rather have is jamarco Jones in the 4th or the dude from division 2 Alex cappa? Other than that amazing mock.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 03:04 PM)Synric Wrote: I think he ends up being a LG but Wynn has the feet quickness technique and thr aggressiveness to be one of those shorter guys that excels at tackle.

It would not surprise me at all. Now Wynn at center is a bigger question mark for me because he's just never done it.

Exactly, some things don't quite show up in the "measurable" portion of examining a prospect.  Wynn is Geno Atkins, at Offensive Guard.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 09:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I agree with this mock 100 percent. Although I do think that the tackle I would rather have is jamarco Jones in the 4th or the dude from division 2 Alex cappa? Other than that amazing mock.

OMG I just agreed with Jpoore.  I think this would be a tremendously safe mock with huge upside.  I do like Cappa and Jones over Parker, though another position wouldn't be unheard of at that pick, especially if we re-sign Andre Smith.  
Reply/Quote
Overall a pretty good mock. I didn't like the video on Ragnow though. What I saw on down on the goal line, was him getting stood up and also noticed that on a couple of plays.
Btw is there any truth about Wynn needing surgery next week?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 05:38 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Overall a pretty good mock. I didn't like the video on Ragnow though. What I saw on down on the goal line, was him getting stood up and also noticed that on a couple of plays.
Btw is there any truth about Wynn needing surgery next week?

Yes but nothing to worry about.
Reply/Quote