Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13 receptions for 182 yards and 1 TD
(08-28-2022, 11:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think he's our 7th WR, just depends on how many we keep. If he cracks the top 6 it's because he beat out Trent Taylor, but that dude has looked good too and has film on tape

I like Taylor a lot and he is currently the #1 PR, and backup slot WR, so I don't see Pryor taking his position.  However, he could eventually be the first outside WR off the bench in place of Mike Thomas.  I think Stanley Morgan offers so much in the special teams and blocking arena that his position is also safe.  

i just really like Pryor's explosiveness and added dimension of speed over Thomas.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, really like Pryor. Dude is special, I think he could offer something coming off the bench as WR4 unlike anyone 
else if one of the top 3 go down. Great news as I really thought this was a need, looks like we got the guy already and don't
have to sign a DeDe Westbrook type. Pryor is this type of WR. Also keep Taylor cause he is dependable as a Returner with 
good hands. Also like Irwin but we might have to put him on the PS.

Cut Mike Thomas, he doesn't offer near as much as a WR and Pryor will work his ass of to be good on ST's. You can tell.

While I think Thomas is a set in stone position, you nailed exactly why I would rather have Pryor.  Thomas is solid, but we have (as someone made the analogy with Allen and Browning) seen his ceiling.  The floor for Pryor is already more explosive.  He offers a dimension vertically that only Chase and Higgins currently bring to the table.  Boyd is Mr. Reliable in the slot, and a great route runner with great hands, but vertical speed is not his game.  

I really hope Pryor is the 7th WR and they go with just 3 RBs.  If Traveyon Williams gets plucked from the PS and has a chance to be on another team's active roster, good for him.  He has earned that.  I would much rather risk losing him than Pryor.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 07:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I think Thomas is a set in stone position, you nailed exactly why I would rather have Pryor.  Thomas is solid, but we have (as someone made the analogy with Allen and Browning) seen his ceiling.  The floor for Pryor is already more explosive.  He offers a dimension vertically that only Chase and Higgins currently bring to the table.  Boyd is Mr. Reliable in the slot, and a great route runner with great hands, but vertical speed is not his game.  

I really hope Pryor is the 7th WR and they go with just 3 RBs.  If Traveyon Williams gets plucked from the PS and has a chance to be on another team's active roster, good for him.  He has earned that.  I would much rather risk losing him than Pryor.  

That is the thing, both Morgan and Taylor are great on ST's and Pryor can work on his ST's play under them. Thomas like you
said has shown what he has and it isn't much as a WR even if he is good on ST's. Pryor could be a special WR, you can just see
it with him, like you said, he is explosive with great hands and runs crisp routes. It isn't his fault he was on a running team in 
Wisconsin. Really like what I have seen of Trayveon this Preseason but too little too late.

Us cutting Kendrick Pryor would be a big mistake IMO. I don't think he sticks on the PS, if I was another team I would pick 
him up, he looks that good and we are the team that needs a depth piece at WR4 more than about anyone behind our top 3.

He is already on the team, keep him.
Reply/Quote