Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentagon postpones Trump's military parade
(08-17-2018, 01:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It kind of cracks me up when people complain about government spending when it's spending on something they disagree with. I know I'm guilty of it myself and I know this is one of those "bipartisan" thinigs where both sides are guilty but it still is something that makes me laugh.

If only there were some sort of 3rd party that legitimately opposed wasteful government spending.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-17-2018, 06:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If only there were some sort of 3rd party that legitimately opposed wasteful government spending.

Not only opposed to it, but when they got elected they actually ... CUT spending!! 
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-17-2018, 06:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not only opposed to it, but when they got elected they actually ... CUT spending!! 

Ehh I'm realistic.  I know the sooner libertarians become electable the sooner someone like Trump runs as one.
(08-17-2018, 02:11 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I really don't understand this random military parade obsession he has? I mean it just screams something that some third rate dictator, in some shithole country Mellow would do to try and show military might. Dumb waste of money Whatever

That’s the first thing I thought of when I heard military parade. It’s one thing to have a parade with veterans etc in your town, but a full military parade is Russia trying to show us how powerful they are (should’ve nuked em when all their missiles were rolling through Red Square) or some nothing dictator trying to show all the toys that we would destroy in under an hour if there were a war.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall