Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
17 1st Half Points...3 2nd Half Points
(09-08-2019, 09:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I thought that Boyd slipped there. If he made that cut it would have been a catch imo, but who knows.

Turf monster. Big time!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our CB’s were fine (other than Dre’s stupid penalty). The safeties were not good.

LB’s weren’t too bad either. Brown even forced a fumble.

In the 1st quarter I kept waiting on a flag because the Seahawks were pushing after numerous plays. Not sure why they decided to throw it on Kirkpatrick, his was nowhere near as flagrant as some of the others. Maybe they had warned them prior, who knows. I thought it was ticky tack. But yeah, stupid pretty much defines it.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:07 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: In scoring position on the Dalton fumble and Randy misses a FG. That is anywhere from another 6 to 10 points. Taylor cant go out there and execute for the guys either. Also with the turnover on downs, the play call on 3rd down was excellent, Boyd was so incredibly wide open I still cant figure out what went wrong with Dalton on that one.

I mean that's what separates winning teams from losing teams - Execution.
Reply/Quote
Rain can play in your favor or against you. There seemed to have been a certain rain storm in Cincinnati once upon a time against a certain NE QB and it resulted in our favor. This time it went against us.
Whatever we do NEVER EVER give the other side credit for ANYTHING even in hindsight. It's always the fault of OUR players for not displaying super human qualities 100% of the time. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Interestingly, last year we beat the Colts (10 wins) who were a playoff team: 34-23 in Indy.

Then, we beat the Ravens (10 wins) who were a playoff team: 34-23.

Lost to the Panthers.

Beat the Falcons 37-36.

Beat the Dolphins 27-17.

4-1 start which was pretty good.

Then, we lose to the Seahawks by 1 scoring 20 points and it's raining positivity. And I agree, I'm semi-excited. It's just interesting what excites us.
Reply/Quote
Quote:And I agree, I'm semi-excited. It's just interesting what excites us.
Sounds like a weather forecast...partly cloudy with a chance of bright sunshine in overcast skies. So you're predicting being partly excited? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interestingly, last year we beat the Colts (10 wins) who were a playoff team: 34-23 in Indy.

Then, we beat the Ravens (10 wins) who were a playoff team: 34-23.

Lost to the Panthers.

Beat the Falcons 37-36.

Beat the Dolphins 27-17.

4-1 start which was pretty good.

Then, we lose to the Seahawks by 1 scoring 20 points and it's raining positivity. And I agree, I'm semi-excited. It's just interesting what excites us.

I think context is important. We dominated the game, but did not finish drives and gave up some big plays. I believe that is very fixable, hopefully. If this is the same theme a few weeks from now, playing competent but losing, the shine will wear off. We have to be able to finish those long drives. I think people were pretty excited at that time aside from the porous defense. Then Pittsburgh, KC, and NO took it all out of us.  
Reply/Quote
Taylor of coarse gets a pass for now but this was a very old school Bengals loss. (I almost used THE WORD there). And then the players made plenty of mistakes as well. It appears a lot of people are satisfied we hung with the Seahawks because they thought we would suck this year anyway. I personally didn't know what to expect from this team - i suppose the fair thing to say is i thought it could go either way as long as we stayed healthy.

SO, considering we were not only hanging with media darling Seattle but in many ways beating them only to let it slip away in the end - losing this one hurt. It's up there pretty high for me.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 07:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Eff up, huh?  Giving no credit to a Seahawks team thought to be a Super Bowl contender?  The Bengals gave them everything they could handle without AJ Green and without their starting LT.  I hope the eff up like that all season because they will finish 10-6 if they do.  

That's what I am saying.  They severely out played Seattle but didn't get the W
Reply/Quote