Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1700 NFL Players survey (Zac Taylor a top coach)
Taylor given an A grade and Reid an A+.

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

Survey covers several things

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
So 60% of the coaches get an A- or better?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 03:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So 60% the coaches get an A- or better?

He was #10. Don’t know what all they were asked but had to be quite a few. Obviously this isn’t an X’s & O’s survey but that doesn’t mean some weren’t asked. Some areas we are at the bottom on player amenities but looks like some have been addressed.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Reid received an A+, but the Chiefs overall were ranked next to last, just ahead of the Washington Commanders.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39616360/dolphins-vikings-top-players-survey-nfl-teams-chiefs-31st
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 03:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So 60% of  the coaches get an A- or better?

Including Frank Reich who has been fired mid-season 2 times in 2 years and is probably never going to be a HC again now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
One can be a great HC and a horrible play caller, those things aren't necessarily tied together. It's a relatively new phenomenon that the HC is both. Most of the "great" coaches we think about historically are the CEO type and not the play caller which I think the play calling is where most complaints about Zac come from rather than he as an actual head coach.
Reply/Quote
I would not want any other coach coaching the Bengals presently.

Think Zac is a phenomenal HC, but wish he would put 100% of his effort in that direction sometimes and trust the OC to call the plays.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 06:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I would not want any other coach coaching the Bengals presently.

Think Zac is a phenomenal HC, but wish he would put 100% of his effort in that direction sometimes and trust the OC to call the plays.

That would be cool if he actually does this with Pitcher now. Zac doesn't come across to me as a guy with a big ego at all so it is possible.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would be cool if he actually does this with Pitcher now. Zac doesn't come across to me as a guy with a big ego at all so it is possible.

Not gonna happen.... He was recently quoted as saying they're keeping the same structure. A couple of fresh new faces is all that's changing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 07:50 PM)jason Wrote: Not gonna happen.... He was recently quoted as saying they're keeping the same structure. A couple of fresh new faces is all that's changing.

You really know how to bring a guy down lol
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would be cool if he actually does this with Pitcher now. Zac doesn't come across to me as a guy with a big ego at all so it is possible.

Give it a year or two, they gotta build that same sort of trust that Zac had with Brian.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I love Zac as a coach and think he has some intangible qualities that help precipitate chemistry and morale among the locker room . I was advocating for he and Lou both on here after the first 2 seasons here when they were pretty hated amongst most fans. But, Regarding play calling, I gave him a pass a few years ago bc of the personel he had to work with, but for the past 2 seasons, I absolutely agree with the play calling criticisms, and feel like the team's OL group has not been nearly as bad as the common narrative (especially last season's). I also feel like it has gotten Burrow hit way more than necessary. It's appeared as if it has taken the "guessing element" out of the equation for the opposing defensive coordinator, and allowing them to disregard the threat of the running game. I keep hearing about how the OL played better or run-blocked better towards the end of the season when the running game was producing, but IMO it was simply a result of the altering of the offensive scheme. To establish a running game, it takes commitment to do so (volume), and to not abandon it just because you get stuffed a bit early on. As you start creating chinks in armor of the defense and wear them down, shot plays open up in the passing game and playaction becomes much more effective. During that aforementioned stretch towards the end of the season with Browning under center, I kept envisioning how hard that version of the offense would be to defend with Burrow at QB.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 06:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: One can be a great HC and a horrible play caller, those things aren't necessarily tied together. It's a relatively new phenomenon that the HC is both. Most of the "great" coaches we think about historically are the CEO type and not the play caller which I think the play calling is where most complaints about Zac come from rather than he as an actual head coach.
Who is a great HC and a horrible play caller? I would say the opposite your not a great HC if u are a horrible play caller. 
Reply/Quote