Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibility of cutting Dre
Ok so what do you guys think about cutting Dre after the season. He has a baked in 1 year out that would leave us with only 5.6 in dead cap and we would gain 4 mil in cap space this year. Obviously this is something the new coach is going to have to think hard on, but the guy is way overpaid.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I hope they at least consider it. Dre should have never been re-signed IMO.
Reply/Quote
Lightbulb 
A great example of a brainiac organization signing the wrong guy and at way, way too much money. This, pac man, M. Johnson and our recent first round WR an OL picks are all F grades. It’s hard to describe all of those moves by anything other than ignorant incompetence.
Reply/Quote
If we get rid of him it will be by a trade and a reduced contract.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Funny thing is after the 2016 season people were saying the Bengals would be stupid not to resign him.

Short memories. It was let Dennard walk last off season lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not only did we resign the guy, but we didn't draft one of the constant #1 draft prospects last year in Marshon Lattimore because we felt secure with dre kirkpatrick after the signing. Its decisions like these that have a rippling effect that can ruin a team. Imagine WJ3 with Lattimore we would have had two shutdown corners. I still think John Ross has huge upside if he bulks up some and we get a new coach in that knows what their doing, but Marvin Lewis is quickly dismantling all the positive steps he made during his time in Cincinnati.

Mike Brown's biggest problem has to be his inability to see the changing of tides and making changes while things are still positive. He finds something halfway decent and literally rides it to the rims fall off whereas teams like the patriots will move on from players while their still good, but start to decline. The Whitworth thing is the most mind boggling decision he has ever made tho, the fact he wouldn't pay a top 5 offensive tackle a reasonable contract and overpay an average at best corner will always have me totally stumped. Especially considering what Whitworth meant to this team and its fanbase.

Reply/Quote
They won't cut Dre, but Pacman is definitely gone. They have too much of a commitment in Dre outside of financial so I feel they will keep him
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Funny thing is after the 2016 season people were saying the Bengals would be stupid not to resign him.

Short memories. It was let Dennard walk last off season lol.

eh i don't remember him having a ton of support.  Some people over valued him, but I think everyone could have agreed even among supporters that he was overpaid.  It was amplified even more by zeitler and especially Whit leaving.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 02:42 PM)eoxyod Wrote: They won't cut Dre, but Pacman is definitely gone. They have too much of a commitment in Dre outside of financial so I feel they will keep him

So much commitment that they put a 1 year option in to get out of a contract with him ?  Trade, restructure, or cut think there is a better than 50% chance  we move on from him this offseason with a new coach coming in.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 02:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: eh i don't remember him having a ton of support.  Some people over valued him, but I think everyone could have agreed even among supporters that he was overpaid.  It was amplified even more by zeitler and especially Whit leaving.

Actually people argued he was the best corner on the team. Pacman had "lost a step", Dennard had an awful season, and WJ3 was injured.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote