Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18-24-1
18-24-1

That’s the Cincinnati Bengals’ record since the last playoff appearance. Make of it what you will. That’s an 0.432 winning percentage. Marvin Lewis lost control of this team and never regained it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 18-24-1

That’s the Cincinnati Bengals’ record since the last playoff appearance.  Make of it what you will.  That’s an 0.432 winning percentage.  Marvin Lewis lost control of this team and never regained it.

Absolutely! That was the time to fire him.

The team still had a talented roster then. A new coach could have came in and made it better.
Reply/Quote

That’s the Cincinnati Bengals’ record since the last playoff appearance.  Make of it what you will.  That’s an 0.432 winning percentage.  Marvin Lewis lost control of this team and never regained it.

Marvin Lewis should have been gone years before that game, however.

There's no way in hell he ever should have been brought back after that game. This team still to this day hasn't recovered from it !
Reply/Quote
Just need to fire our DC's, Hue and Marvin.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Not all the poor results are Lewis's fault.  Mike Brown told Marvin that Big Whit was going to be retained.  He lied.  The team went to hell after Whit left.  It goes back to the O-Line.  Lewis is handicapped by one of the worse owners in NFL.  It's like working in an environment that you see most of the problems but you cannot fix anything.  

I think it is amazing that Lewis has lasted 16 years with the Bengals.  

If fans think Hue is better they are wrong.  Hue will be worse.  

Bengals need to go outside the organization and get a young Forrest Gregg type of coach.   Let the coach draft a QB and start over, saved Atkins and Dunlap and Mixon.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:59 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Not all the poor results are Lewis's fault.  Mike Brown told Marvin that Big Whit was going to be retained.  He lied.  The team went to hell after Whit left.  It goes back to the O-Line.  Lewis is handicapped by one of the worse owners in NFL.  It's like working in an environment that you see most of the problems but you cannot fix anything.  

I think it is amazing that Lewis has lasted 16 years with the Bengals.  

If fans think Hue is better they are wrong.  Hue will be worse.  

Bengals need to go outside the organization and get a young Forrest Gregg type of coach.   Let the coach draft a QB and start over, saved Atkins and Dunlap and Mixon.  

Yep. I wouldn't say they lied. I would say they are inept and botched it.

They thought they had a contract too with Marvin Jones and it fell through.
Reply/Quote
Marvin demanded change after 2010 and he had a certain ally in the fight. He caved in and here we are. Marvin has been complicit in the stagnation of this franchise in the Dalton/Green era. Maybe this time we won't be as quick to blame the players.
Reply/Quote
Gonna need Fred's help to spin this one.I got nothing! WTF, I've wanted him fired/replaced for years now, this perfectly illustrates why, I can't believe it hasn't already happened after yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:03 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Gonna need Fred's help to spin this one.I got nothing! WTF, I've wanted him fired/replaced for years now, this perfectly illustrates why, I can't believe it hasn't already happened after yesterday.

I’ll save you the trouble of waiting and provide his spin for you. If ebenezer is the worst owner in the league then it must be elite coaching that has overcome it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote