Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18.8 million viewers
(01-05-2022, 03:19 PM)basballguy Wrote: Cin @ Dal prime time (fingers crossed)

[Image: ae2f802440adad7ee598565f948d21fd.jpeg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
And now we have a QB that shines in primetime (big games). It's great to enjoy the thought of primetime games instead of dreading how bad we'll look in front of the nation.

The league missed the boat not flexing this game. I agree tho, next year we should get a lot of primetime games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:24 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: ae2f802440adad7ee598565f948d21fd.jpeg]

OH YA!  I forgot about Thanksgiving.

Next year would be the best chance they've ever had at landing that game.  

The rule is currently Dallas hosts an AFC team in even years and NFC team in odd years.  

The only question is do ESPN/NBC get first crack at plucking games or do CBS and FOX get first crack at protecting games?

edit: it looks like that hosting rule is no longer in play Sad
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: And now we have a QB that shines in primetime (big games). It's great to enjoy the thought of primetime games instead of dreading how bad we'll look in front of the nation.

The league missed the boat not flexing this game. I agree tho, next year we should get a lot of primetime games.

They couldn't flex because KC had used up all of their primetime/SNF slots or something like that.

For sure it would've been flexed, had that not come into play.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
the steelers bengals playoff game also had massively high ratings

but the nfl only gave cincy 3 primetime games for 2016. only 1 sunday nighter
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:16 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

My gut tells me that the league puts us in the Monday night slot for the playoff game.

If they keep their current seeding (3/4), upon further reflection, I can see either Dallas or Tampa getting the Monday night game.  Hard for the networks to pass up big D or Brady.  I hope that's what happens.

(01-05-2022, 04:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the steelers bengals playoff game also had massively high ratings

but the nfl only gave cincy 3 primetime games for 2016. only 1 sunday nighter

And, when we do get home primetime games, they usually (but not always) seem to stick us with Pittsburgh, save for Thursday nights.  Guess they want a full crowd, and the Steelers offer the best chance for that.  It would be nice to have a Sunday or Monday night game that has zero to do with Pittsburgh or the AFCN.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
They always have the Super Bowl winners open up on the year, so we'll probably have the KC game to start off in prime time. The league is really going to push that as an inter-conference rivalry.

Then we'll get another Thursday, a Sunday, and a Monday nighter. Maybe some combination of the Cowboys/Titans/Bills or divisional games.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: Wasn't this the #1 CBS game?  Romo was play calling and it was the local game here in Dallas.  Seems like that would be the national game to me...though i didn't look at any coverage maps.

It was the pseudo-national game.  Because CBS only had 1 game last Sunday, Chiefs-Bengals had to compete with their entire slate of games.  It received the most distribution by far but still was missing major markets such as NY because they had a local game to show

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote