Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
182.5 million
The cap has been set at $182.5 million. And with luck the Bengals will show results by spending every dime of it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I sure hope they fix the Oline in free agency.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like those speculating it'd be between $180m and $185m were right.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:38 AM)pally Wrote: The cap has been set at $182.5 million.  And with luck the Bengals will show results by spending every dime of it

hopefully we lock up some of our young talent before they're are looking at FA next year. as well
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:38 AM)pally Wrote: The cap has been set at $182.5 million.  And with luck the Bengals will show results by spending every dime of it

Now cut Gio and trade/cut/restructure Geno

Then decide after FA and draft on what to do with Hart and Uzomah and others
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
According to Over the Cap the Bengals have about $43 million in cap space to spend. The Saints are $53 million over, the Rams are $33 million. Andrew Whitworth has been mentioned as a possible cap casualty for the Rams. It will be interesting to watch who the Saints jettison so they can make the target

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I sure hope they fix the Oline in free agency.

We keep talking about adding OT's in free agency. What if we added Thuney and the center from Packers Linsly?

That would give us a solid center and good backup guard/center who is coming off injury to compete for a starting position, but a very capable back up if he does not win a starting job.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hopefully we lock up some of our young talent before they're are looking at FA next year. as well

I think Hubbard is only guy who could to get the early extension his offseason. Bates obviously deserves it but with the franchise tag amount for safeties only being $11.3M, I think he plays out this year and is tagged next year. 

Are there any others I'm forgetting?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 12:00 PM)pally Wrote: According to Over the Cap the Bengals have about $43 million in cap space to spend.  The Saints are $53 million over, the Rams are $33  million.  Andrew Whitworth has been mentioned as a possible cap casualty for the Rams.  It will be interesting to watch who the Saints jettison so they can make the target

Spotrac has us at 44 million. That does not include any cuts or restructuring of contracts by us. If there was a year to cut/restructure, this is it. I see every team having to do it almost, so I hope we join the party and play hard ball with agents of our players under contract which would be a huge change from the past.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 12:04 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I think Hubbard is only guy who could to get the early extension his offseason. Bates obviously deserves it but with the franchise tag amount for safeties only being $11.3M, I think he plays out this year and is tagged next year. 

Are there any others I'm forgetting?

those 2 being the main ones id have too look at contracts to know who else is up
Reply/Quote
I see a lot of 1 year contracts coming for this year's free agent class. They'll take the bet that the cap is much higher in 2022

Reply/Quote
There are alot of holes on the roster and that doesn't even include upgrading positions like the offensive line. That cap space is going to disappear fast.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Now cut Gio and trade/cut/restructure Geno

Then decide after FA and draft on what to do with Hart and Uzomah and others

This^^
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor on free agency: 'We are in a good position to add some really quality players...Excited to see what next week brings.'
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 12:00 PM)pally Wrote: According to Over the Cap the Bengals have about $43 million in cap space to spend.  The Saints are $53 million over, the Rams are $33  million.  Andrew Whitworth has been mentioned as a possible cap casualty for the Rams.  It will be interesting to watch who the Saints jettison so they can make the target

The Saints are rumored to be cutting Kwon Alexander.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 12:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Spotrac has us at 44 million. That does not include any cuts or restructuring of contracts by us. If there was a year to cut/restructure, this is it. I see every team having to do it almost, so I hope we join the party and play hard ball with agents of our players under contract which would be a huge change from the past.

I'm expecting... 
Hart: $5.8m saved
Uzomah: $5.2m saved
Bernard: $4.1m saved

I wouldn't be surprised....
Hopkins: $4.3m saved
Atkins: $9.5m saved

Top is ~$15.1m
Bottom is ~$13.8m
Total is ~$28.9m

I still think Atkins can be a productive force again with two arms and a better DC, but I see the writing on the wall. If you cut those guys and signed Thuney and Linsley with the saved money, I think the team is honestly better compared to 2020 with the same money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 02:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm expecting... 
Hart: $5.8m saved
Uzomah: $5.2m saved
Bernard: $4.1m saved

I wouldn't be surprised....
Hopkins: $4.3m saved
Atkins: $9.5m saved

Top is ~$15.1m
Bottom is ~$13.8m
Total is ~$28.9m

I still think Atkins can be a productive force again with two arms and a better DC, but I see the writing on the wall. If you cut those guys and signed Thuney and Linsley with the saved money, I think the team is honestly better compared to 2020 with the same money.

I expect they keep Hart . Bernard, Atkins , Johnson gone.. Uzomah and Hopkins on bubble
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 03:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I expect they keep Hart . Bernard, Atkins , Johnson gone.. Uzomah and Hopkins on bubble

Why would you expect Hart to be kept but have Hopkins on bubble?
Is it just because of Hopkins injury?
Hart has a bigger cap hit and less dead cap than Hopkins has, plus Hopkins is the (much) better pass blocker.
I'd expect Hart out before Hopkins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We signed Brandon Allen leaving us with $10 left to spend.
Reply/Quote
The only thing I fear is that we whiff on edge rushers and over compensate by giving Hubbard a massive extension. Hubbard is a solid guy who can set the edge on the line, but I worry that his ceiling is prime Michael Johnson, especially without a good pass rush along the line. I would like Hubbard back, but I feel like his skillset is easier to replace.

Hopefully we can spread our money out and bring in some talented guys at a few different spots.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote