Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
182.5 million
Why does everyone want to cut Gio?

The mantra is "protect Joe" and Gio Bernard has been top 5 in the NFL over the last 4 years in pass protection

He plays personal protector on punts when Mixon is not hurt

He's a damn good #2 RB and Mixon's not exactly an Ironman

He is of the highest caliber character

We should be looking to extend him instead of cut him; it could ease the crippling $4 Mil in cap he costs us this year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 08:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why does everyone want to cut Gio?

The mantra is "protect Joe" and Gio Bernard has been top 5 in the NFL over the last 4 years in pass protection

He plays personal protector on punts when Mixon is not hurt

He's a damn good #2 RB and Mixon's not exactly an Ironman

He is of the highest caliber character

We should be looking to extend him instead of cut him; it could ease the crippling $4 Mil in cap he costs us this year

He is a good player but he is still a back ul. We can draft his replacement who would be a lot cheaper.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The fact that they didn't use the franchise tag on Lawson or WJIII also frees up more perceived space as many of us (raises hand) had projected the tag being placed on Lawson.

I think the Bengals are going to look for quantity over quality in that instance. Sign TWO FA pass rushers for the price of one tagged Lawson. We will see how it plays out, but I can't entirely blame them for not paying Lawson $17 million for a guy that was healthy one season and although had a lot of pressures, didn't get near the sacks of a top 5 DE.

Ditto the money that would have been spent on WJIII. I bet they sign two quality CBs, but avoid paying Waynes-type money to either, but more like a split for two players.

Speaking of Waynes, that guy better be working his ass off right now. He has his contract, so no BS crying about fearing an injury from working out and being so out of shape when you arrive you get injured walking through a doorway. We are talking about all these potential cuts, but that guy will be long gone in 2022 if he doesn't make huge strides this season and actually contribute to the team for that ridiculous salary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote