Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Need to Survive...
...the first 6 games of the season. With some of the injuries/suspension being dealt with right now, if we can get through the first 6 at 4-2 or 3-3 at worst, our season is actually still looking very good. We need to make our money right in the middle of the season (weeks 7-14) hopefully not dropping more than a game. That puts us in a spot to control our own destiny against our divisional rivals, in OUR house.

Sep 11 1:00PMEDT * AT  Jets
2 Sep 18 1:00PMEDT * AT  Steelers
3 Sep 25 1:00PMEDT *  Broncos
4 Sep 29 8:25PMEDT ,  Dolphins
5 Oct 9 4:25PMEDT * AT  Cowboys
6 Oct 16 1:00PMEDT * AT  Patriots

7 Oct 23 1:00PMEDT *  Browns
8 Oct 30 09:30AMEDT )  Redskins
9 BYE
10 Nov 14 8:30PMEST + AT  Giants
11 Nov 20 1:00PMEST )  Bills
12 Nov 27 1:00PMEST * AT  Ravens
13 Dec 4 1:00PMEST )  Eagles
14 Dec 11 1:00PMEST * AT  Browns

15 Dec 18 8:30PMEST '  Steelers
16 Dec 24 8:25PMEST , AT  Texans
17 Jan 1 1:00PMEST  Ravens
Reply/Quote
We need to thrive, not just survive. Steamroll every team possible.Step on a teams' neck, especially the stealers !
With quality backups, sound coaching and a smattering of luck all we need is a shift in attitude- " no more easing up ".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Broncos won't be as tough with Sanchez at QB.

I think the Bengals could go 4-2 in the first 6 weeks
Reply/Quote
Like the Bengals chances.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I bet Leon Hall picks off Dalton.

That is, if he isn't on a stretcher by then.
Reply/Quote
I think we start out 5-0 and lose a close one in New England. We have a decent enough run game and passing
game to keep us in it with the Jets. Should be a close game with these 2 Defenses but we should pull it out. I like
our Offense better then theirs, just have to slow down their run game. W.

The Steelers have a good Offense but losing Bryant could hurt them and Bell has a tough time staying healthy,
also DeAngelo is just getting older and their Secondary is downright terrible. This is the game Dalton starts getting
it together with all of his weapons and Eifert should be back. W.

First home game against Sanchez. Another low scoring game like the Jets game but we are at home. W.

Should beat the Dolphins going away in our place. W.

Cowboys don't play good at home for whatever reason and their Defense is very questionable. W.

Brady will be back and they will need this home game win for them. We lose in a close one. L.

I see us going 13-3 this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 01:50 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I bet Leon Hall picks off Dalton.

That is, if he isn't on a stretcher by then.
Leon won't have an opportunity.

We have a 271 pound fullback that Marvin intends to utilize to pound the rock.

Hall will spend that game on the sideline while base defense personnel is getting bruised severely until we feed Green via play action.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 09:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Leon won't have an opportunity.

We have a 271 pound fullback that Marvin intends to utilize to pound the rock.

Hall will spend that game on the sideline while base defense personnel is getting bruised severely until we feed Green via play action.

I could see that working against the Giants D last year.

But if the hype with the Giants new defense is even close to true, pounding the rock might not be that simple.

Assuming Ogbueghi stays healthy and improves as the season progresses, I like our chances.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 10:00 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I could see that working against the Giants D last year.

But if the hype with the Giants new defense is even close to true, pounding the rock might not be that simple.

Assuming Ogbueghi stays healthy and improves as the season progresses, I like our chances.

What is this great hype about the Giants Defense?

Excuse me if i haven't followed them this Offseason. What, they got some badass NT or something?

They do have some good CB's i know that but their LB'ers looked very sub-par last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What is this great hype about the Giants Defense?

Excuse me if i haven't followed them this Offseason. What, they got some badass NT or something?

They do have some good CB's i know that but their LB'ers looked very sub-par last year.

Didn't they spend an ungodly amount in FA to revamp their defense?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 10:00 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I could see that working against the Giants D last year.

(08-05-2016, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What is this great hype about the Giants Defense?

(08-05-2016, 06:56 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Didn't they spend an ungodly amount in FA to revamp their defense?

All the hype and ungodly money spent was, as Nate said, on DBs they brought in.

If we run 21 personnel, only 2 of those corners will be on the field (unless they are stupid).

Hands down, Hall is the best of them at run support; but if he's going to be third on the depth chart, he won't be helping them from the sideline.
Reply/Quote
I just don't see the offense tempting fate by throwing Hall's way a lot while he is on the field, but then again if there's any team who knows his weaknesses it should be the Bengals. I don't see them exploiting his weaknesses all day to embarrass him, but if it comes down to winning or losing the game by exploiting any weakness in Hall they'd be fools to not try.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote