Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1981, 1988, 2021....AFC Championship Games.....GO BENGALS
CELEBRATE .....Save Mock Drafts or Negative Waves for another time. ....This is only 3rd Bengals trip to AFC Championship. ENJOY IT.

Oh Yes, This is a Hell Of A TEAM.....GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This is still surreal but still business to take care of. Old timers how did the 88 one feel? I hardly remember it.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:40 PM)phil413 Wrote: This is still surreal but still business to take care of.  Old timers how did the 88 one feel? I hardly remember it.

Felt great. I was a younger boy then. My metallic skull was shinier then. Full of fire and thoughts of world domination. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:40 PM)phil413 Wrote: This is still surreal but still business to take care of.  Old timers how did the 88 one feel? I hardly remember it.

It makes the pain of being a fan in all the losing years a badge of honor.  However now everyone will claim they followed the Bengals forever, You True Bengals Fan know who You Are. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Undefeated in AFCC games - need to keep that record perfect then do the opposite to their SB record
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:45 PM)kevin Wrote: It makes the pain of being a fan in all the losing years a badge of honor.  However now everyone will claim they followed the Bengals forever, You True Bengals Fan know who You Are. 

God, imagine if they actually win the SB. All of a sudden all these Bengals shirts and jackets that were never there before are gonna start popping up all over. Oh brother. 

But it's worth it if he get the SB.  
Tiger
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
And since the team has been mimicking previous playoff uniforms, in the 1988 AFC Championship against the Buffalo Bills, the Bengals wore black jerseys, white pants with orange striping, and orange socks. We'll see if that is what we see next Sunday especially if we go to Buffalo

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

I am so freaking happy right now. The 88 super bowl was my freshman year in college. I was going to school in Arizona. Now my son is a freshman there. So cool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:45 PM)kevin Wrote: It makes the pain of being a fan in all the losing years a badge of honor.  However now everyone will claim they followed the Bengals forever, You True Bengals Fan know who You Are. 

Yeah for them just say things without context and see if it strikes up a flashback:
Shovel pass
Elvis Presto
Big Daddy
Detroit astroturf
Outdoor practice
Get better
Curse Bo
Bloody punter 
Personal foul drive
Rickey Williams 
Flying in coach

Yeah those are badges. This feels really good and I'm happy for these young men and the old former Bengal vets that have been tweeting and such.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:52 PM)Adamantium Wrote: God, imagine if they actually win the SB. All of a sudden all these Bengals shirts and jackets that were never there before are gonna start popping up all over. Oh brother. 

But it's worth it if he get the SB.  
Tiger

My NKY friends who have been Steelers and Cowboys fans since the 90s will suddenly look very dumb. Well, they've always looked dumb because I hate bandwagon riders.

Tbh, if we get a bunch of "new fans" (bandwagon riders), I'll welcome them and play nice, but I don't respect them at all. Shows lack of loyalty, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote