Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1PM Zac Press Conference
Fox19 is carrying it live locally. I suspect the other local stations will also if only on their websites Probably NFLN as well. Lots of media already in the room. Also live on Bengals.com

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Reaaaally weird having national media people grilling ZT about the situation.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:56 PM)pally Wrote: Fox19 is carrying it live locally.  I suspect the other local stations will also if only on their websites Probably NFLN as well.  Lots of media already in the room.  Also live on Bengals.com

Of course Bengals.com is screwed. While they are doing much better with social media, etc., they really need to work on that website....
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course Bengals.com is screwed. While they are doing much better with social media, etc., they really need to work on that website....

espn 1530 online has it
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xy6Y5xZqbs

Youtube has a good feed fellas.

Reply/Quote
Wow Zac did fabulous.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Players will speak at 5:30 PM

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xy6Y5xZqbs

Youtube has a good feed fellas.

Says video is private
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 04:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Says video is private

Here:

https://www.bengals.com/video/
Reply/Quote
Bills have a press conference going right now.
Reply/Quote
I saw it live on the NFL channel then it ended before it was over. I went to YouTube and finished it then all of a sudden it went blank and said private.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Well, among saying all the right things regarding Hamlin, the Bills, the doctors, the fans, and players, Taylor made it known that when it came time to possibly resume the game, after the ambulance left, that McDermott said he just had to be with his player at the hospital.
It matches what I thought at the time, watching Burrow warming back up, throwing passes, that the Bengals would have continued the game, but the Bills made it clear they would not. Given this new info, I think the Bills should have forfeited, rather than put the Bengals in an impossible situation of having to defer to a team that were all crying and had no intention if not ability, strictly speaking, to continue play. I think, given what McDermott said, the honorable thing would have been to accept that the Bills must forfeit, rather than try to have it both ways, that is, taking the stand to not continue, but also not accepting the consequences.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:09 PM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: Well, among saying all the right things regarding Hamlin, the Bills, the doctors, the fans, and players, Taylor made it known that when it came time to possibly resume the game, after the ambulance left, that McDermott said he just had to be with his player at the hospital.  
It matches what I thought at the time, watching Burrow warming back up, throwing passes, that the Bengals would have continued the game, but the Bills made it clear they would not.  Given this new info, I think the Bills should have forfeited, rather than put the Bengals in an impossible situation of having to defer to a team that were all crying and had no intention if not ability, strictly speaking, to continue play.  I think, given what McDermott said, the honorable thing would have been to accept that the Bills must forfeit, rather than try to have it both ways, that is, taking the stand to not continue, but also not accepting the consequences.

Well said.

I caught that also when I watched it and thought the same thing.  Bills should forfeit.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:16 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Well said.

I caught that also when I watched it and thought the same thing.  Bills should forfeit.

Burrow warming up was on his own. IT’s protocol that it resumes in 5 minutes. Taylor never thought they’d play

Reply/Quote
I honestly don’t think this game will ever be resumed. Just don’t see how they can do it from a logistics and mental standpoint. There is no answer that would be fair to the Bills, Bengals or the rest of the league. I hope the league isn’t dragging their feet waiting for the games to end this weekend to see how important that game will be. I’m sure the decision to “resume” depends on the status of Hamlin. The only quick fix here is Bills forfeit. Sounds dark, but it’s the only fair option if the league needs to make a decision now.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I honestly don’t think this game will ever be resumed. Just don’t see how they can do it from a logistics and mental standpoint. There is no answer that would be fair to the Bills, Bengals or the rest of the league. I hope the league isn’t dragging their feet waiting for the games to end this weekend to see how important that game will be. I’m sure the decision to “resume” depends on the status of Hamlin. The only quick fix here is Bills forfeit. Sounds dark, but it’s the only fair option if the league needs to make a decision now.

Most think it will be no contest and the Bengals will win the conference

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I honestly don’t think this game will ever be resumed. Just don’t see how they can do it from a logistics and mental standpoint. There is no answer that would be fair to the Bills, Bengals or the rest of the league. I hope the league isn’t dragging their feet waiting for the games to end this weekend to see how important that game will be. I’m sure the decision to “resume” depends on the status of Hamlin. The only quick fix here is Bills forfeit. Sounds dark, but it’s the only fair option if the league needs to make a decision now.

It's also the least impactful for everyone out of all the options and even though the game was only 9 minutes in, the way it was heading leads me to speculate the Bengals would have won.

To me it is the most logical and least impactful choice and it also keeps everyone with a 17 game record.  Teams would know what they are playing for in week 18, etc.

Would it feel a little icky?  Yes, but so do all the other options.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Most think it will be no contest and the Bengals will win the conference

I don't think they can win the Conference with a no contest. Did you mean division?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:45 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I don't think they can win the Conference with a no contest.

No, he's saying that most think we're going to be the AFC champions again and make our 2nd Super Bowl appearance in a row. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote