Poll: What round/position combination do you prefer?
Penei Sewell + Terrace Marshall Jr
Ja'Marr Chase + Alex Leatherwood
Penei/Ja'Marr + Jaelan Phillips
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st+2nd round combination options
(03-27-2021, 03:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, defense in the first is a hard no for me, and it seems to be a hard no for the Bengals too, based on their free agency priorities. I go back and forth between Sewell and Chase as well. I used to be team Sewell all the way, but seeing how quickly the WR depth dries up in these mock drafts has shook me. Apparently, a lot of teams have WR as their #1 need, if the needs listed by these mock draft websites are accurate. Especially considering how dry the WR free agent market was this year, it makes me think a lot of teams are thinking "I'm getting my #1 WR in the first round this year and save some money there." 

And the idea of reuniting Chase and Burrow is one of those stories that is hard to ignore, especially since Chase provides Burrow with exactly what he was lacking last season, a deep threat target.

But then I watch video compilations of Burrow running for his life and I'm back to Sewell haha.

It's a really weird position to be in. I just hope we make the right decision.

Reiff is going to help and we had a ton of injuries last year.  The Bengals aren't done with the oline yet either.  We can get a starting LT in the 2nd and a starting guard/center in the 3rd.   I love Sewell but believe the right answer is Chase.  He makes the whole team better.   

We need a WR with speed and separation.  It helps Tee ban Boyd.  It helps the run game.  It seriously helps Burrow.   I also worry if we don't go Chase we spend 2 picks later trying to compensate and we need them for then lines. 
Reply/Quote