Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
1st 3 Picks?
Just curious to see who values what position the most. Of course it all depends on who is there when we pick but i would go in this order.

1st- LB
2nd- WR
3rd-S

I would consider trading up to get our LB and WR in the first. The S pick will depend on Nelson, could go DL. We have always been weak at LB, other than Burfict, some due to injury or just bad luck, Rivers, Thurman, Pollack. I never understood how a Marvin Lewis (former LB coach) team could be a mess at the LB position this long. Ive heard rumor's that Mike Brown wont take one in the 1st after having so many bust, who knows.Would like another WR later in the draft that can return kicks. What are your thoughts on the fist 3 picks. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have good money invested in 3 LBs, so spending a top pick on a LB who isn't likely to play much wouldn't be smart IMO.

I'd go...

1. WR
2. DT
3. CB

If we sign a solid veteran WR, then I'd go...

1. DT
2. CB
3. WR
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We will sign a free agent WR of some sort.

1...DT or CB
2...DT, CB, WR, DE, LB
3...DT, CB, WR, DE, LB

The only position they may take two of is WR.  We will draft two WR this year.  One in the 2-3 rounds, and one later.  

Throwing out that many options I am bound to hit something just on blind luck.
Reply/Quote
Needs in my opinion in no order:

LB- because Maualuga has never been " great" and his contract is too heavy for a standard player, might as well have Caleb Miller back lol
and Burfict is out a few games. Always need good LBS.
CB- Every team always needs a good young corner, could learn from Jones, KirkP, and Hall( if he resigns at a super discount)
S- not need BC of Shawn Williams and Smith
DT- yes
WR- just like every draft any team wants to find a hidden gem, this draft is kinda weird though so they may pick one with their first

The Bengals have been amazing at drafting in the past few years the players they need to win games and some draftees have fallen of the map but typically theve been good about it. So BPA or Best Player Available will work with this draft.
Reply/Quote
1- WR
2- DT
3- LB

That's how I see our needs, bpa from those positions and I think we need to go WR in the first 2 rounds because by the third there won't be many that I think will contribute in year one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. WR
2. CB or DT
3. CB, WR, DT or LB.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Here's what I would like to see.

1. DT or LB happens to fall nicely to the 24 pick.

2. WR or DT/LB/CB

3. C/WR or DT/LB if not already addressed.

4-7 Stock the shelves. Maybe double dip on DT, always a good time to find sleeper OL talent, other good players that may have "issues", yet are worth taking a chance on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
WOW! Kinda surprised how many people undervalue the LB position. Even with the loss of Jones and Mo I still think LB is our weakest position.
Reply/Quote
rather have a kick ass D and I don't see us getting a LB early, soo...

1 - DT/CB
2 - WR/WR
3 - LB
4 - WR

Then of course probably throw in a Safety, Center, and probably another o-line to round out draft.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 09:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote: WOW! Kinda surprised how many people undervalue the LB position. Even with the loss of Jones and Mo I still think LB is our weakest position.

We have decent contracts on several linebackers, already.  Unless Lee falls...the other positions are just more likely.
Reply/Quote
Round 1 DE/DT

Round 2 WR/DT/DE

Round 3 WR/DE/CB/LB

I chose DE because I would like to beef up our pass rush if possible. This is a deep year for DT's so I am not so worried about getting one early, unless the board falls our way. I also am no opposed to spending maybe a 3rd round pick on Jaylon Smith if he has an epic draft day slide.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 08:10 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Just curious to see who values what position the most. Of course it all depends on who is there when we pick but i would go in this order.

1st- LB
2nd- WR
3rd-S

I would consider trading up to get our LB and WR in the first. The S pick will depend on Nelson, could go DL. We have always been weak at LB, other than Burfict, some due to injury or just bad luck, Rivers, Thurman, Pollack. I never understood how a Marvin Lewis (former LB coach) team could be a mess at the LB position this long. Ive heard rumor's that Mike Brown wont take one in the 1st after having so many bust, who knows.Would like another WR later in the draft that can return kicks. What are your thoughts on the fist 3 picks. Thanks.
3rd round pick I would go CB or DT.  
Reply/Quote
This one is easy.

1st round - BPA
2nd round - BPA
3rd round - BPA

and of course we will be using our draft board which you can know nothing about.

- The Bengals Staff

Ninja

But in all reality I would look for a

1st round - DT/LB
2nd round - DT/LB
3rd round - DT/LB/WR
Reply/Quote
Take the best players on your board. Fill needs in free agency. That is how you build a roster
Reply/Quote
1. CB/WR/DE
2. CB/WR/DE/DT
3. WR/DE/DT/C

Why?

1. Hitting on a corner or end could really help to round out the defense and put it into the realm of the elite defenses out there. WR because there is a huge need. All of these positions hold the potential for great cap value due to how highly paid the good ones usually are.

2. Same reasoning as before, except now grabbing a DT in what looks like a deep class becomes more tempting.

3. 3rd round corners tend not to be very good. Grabbing a center here would make more sense than in the first two rounds.
Reply/Quote
I really believe any WR we would be interested in the 1st round will be gone by the time our turn comes around.

However, this means a higher talent at another position will fall to us and we'll take that player. That's really how I see the 1st round unfolding. We could take a just about any position. Currently, I expect this to be a DT selection (subject to change without notice).

In the second and third rounds we'll be looking at the BPA with special interest in WR or LB or DE and maybe an OT, if team doesn't figure Fisher to fill a future OT spot.

And, please God, a legit returner somewhere in the draft.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 11:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This one is easy.

1st round - BPA
2nd round - BPA
3rd round - BPA

and of course we will be using our draft board which you can know nothing about.

- The Bengals Staff

Ninja

Truth. But hey, they've done OK with that in the past. 

I would probably say go WR in the 1st but knowing our unpredictable picking (based on solid boards) it'll probably be something like a DE right? 

What I would do:

1. WR
2. Corner
3. DT

What the team will do:

1. DE
2. TE
3. RB

The boards will meltdown, everyone will be angry, but somehow we'll turn it in 10 wins or more in the regular season. 

Reply/Quote
1st - Andrew Billings (DT)
2nd - Tyler Boyd (WR)
3rd - Zack Sanchez (CB)
Reply/Quote
1st: LB if Lee is still available, WR otherwise since Fuller or Treadwell will probably be available if Lee isn't.

2nd: WR if Lee was taken in the 1st, maybe Braxton if he's there or Thomas if he slips... otherwise DL. Maybe someone like Sheldon Day who can play both DE and DT, be the immediate Gilberry replacement and 2017 Peko replacement once he puts on a little more muscle from working out with Atkins. Maybe Austin Johnson if Day isn't there.

3rd: C if Nick Martin is available for hopefully an immediate upgrade on an OL that would then be dominant. Otherwise maybe S with TJ Green as a possible project. He could either be a big CB, a S, or a small LB. You can find something to do with a 6'2, 210lb guy who can run 4.34 and I am not entirely adverse to projects so long as they're occasional and 3rd or later round.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 09:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote: WOW! Kinda surprised how many people undervalue the LB position. Even with the loss of Jones and Mo I still think LB is our weakest position.

Guenther places that value on them. He puts elite talent on the line and secondary.
Reply/Quote