Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Annual Reds Win Total Contest
On the old Reds message board, they had a contest to guess the total number of wins for the season. I thought I would continue the contest on this message board. You must guess prior to Opening Day first pitch. You can change your guess as many times as you like until the season starts. At the end of the season, this thread will be bumped to announce the winner. We had about 30 or so participants on the old message board. Probably not nearly as many here. The winner earns bragging rights until next year. Good luck.

cinci4life                        92
jmccracky                      91
fredtoast                       90 
Timmanis2000               88 
psychdoctor                   86
Circleville Guy                84
Crazyjdawg                    83
bengalfan74                   82
Hoofhearted                   82 
TheLeonardLeap             78 
Cure4CF                         77
grampahol                     73
guyofthetiger                  68   
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'll start off and say 85 wins. We improve, but just miss the playoffs.

Changing to 68 wins. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 04:11 AM)cinci4life Wrote: 92

That would be in the running for a Wild Card.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Spring Training starts today with Pitchers and Catchers reporting. So a pre-spring training estimate I'll throw out is 83 wins.

We'll see how they do during spring training and my number may go up or down. Hopefully up haha.
Reply/Quote
Unless there’s another big splash before the season starts, I’ll take 84 wins.
Reply/Quote
Give me 82

Over the last four seasons they've averaged just under 67 wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You can guess the same number as others and share the victory. I notice we are hovering around .500.
Reply/Quote
I'll take 82 wins with bengalfan74
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I’ll take 88 wins.
Reply/Quote
Ehhh... 78 wins.

I think they are good, but not quite good enough for a legit wildcard shot, so they will trade off some folks at the trade deadline (like 6 guys in contract years) and fade in the back stretch.

Probably closer to 86 wins if they don't sell off at the trade deadline, which I don't think is enough to make the wildcard.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I am going 86.

If you go by just WAR with new players I think they hover around 80. But I think Gray will perform much better than expected and Wood will pitch like he wants to get paid. I think Disco will be fairly healthy and the offense will be stunning. They will edge brewers for third place.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I'll take 91
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 05:05 PM)jmccracky Wrote: I'll take 91

Winning over 90 instead of losing over 90 would be a major turnaround.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Nobody picking 66 or 67 this year? I guess we are optimistic.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2019, 12:26 PM)McC Wrote: Winning over 90 instead of losing over 90 would be a major turnaround.

I am totally being optimistic, for sure. Rolled the dice and went with 91, lol .
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 07:25 AM)jmccracky Wrote: I am totally being optimistic, for sure. Rolled the dice and went with 91, lol .

Nothing wring with that at all.

Reply/Quote
I'm guessing somewhere in the 80 range so how about 83 wins? The pitching won't be as good as advertised. Oh, how I hope to be wrong and the pitching is MUCH better than advertised.. 83.. 

By the way, did you know that the Reds have not lost a world series game since that now infamous homerun by Boston catcher Carlton Fisk in game 6 of the 1975 WS?  That and a nickle will buy you a nickle's worth of crappy coffee..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote