Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Annual Reds Win Total Contest
Lowering my prediction to 68 wins. The pitching is a problem again this year. This is my observation after Spring Training.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Scooter out for a while. We will not have a good start.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 12:23 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Scooter out for a while. We will not have a good start.

losing Scooter hurts.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After Roark started off the 2nd against the Braves tonight with 2 walks then a buttload of lousy luck only to cough up 5 in the inning I'm gonna change from 83 wins downward to less than (< for those who forgot 2nd grade math) 83..how about just 3? Too pesimistic? How about 63? Nah..maybe 73, but 90 ain't happening..
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 10:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: After Roark started off the 2nd against the Braves tonight with 2 walks then a buttload of lousy luck only to cough up 5 in the inning I'm gonna change from 83 wins downward to less than (< for those who forgot 2nd grade math) 83..how about just 3? Too pesimistic? How about 63? Nah..maybe 73, but 90 ain't happening..

Lowered you to 73 wins. Join the club.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 90

With Scooter out so long I am lowering my expectations.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With Scooter out so long I am lowering my expectations.

The Reds started off the season last year going 5-20 thru the first 25. I don't think they'll be that bad out of the gate this season. 

If they would have even had 10 or 11 wins over that stretch, a bad start instead of awful, that would have game them 72 or 73 wins last year. I don't think .500 this season is in any way expecting to much.

My pick was 82
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With Scooter out so long I am lowering my expectations.

Unfortunately, you are too late. The first pitch was Thursday. 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Half way over and the Reds have 38 wins. I'm hoping for a better second half.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm finally cancelling my prediction of 162 wins this season since 44 are already in the can. I think north of 80 is about right, but since almost every prediction about them this year have been wrong I'll go with less than 90 and hope I'm wrong about that as well. 85..

I predict a 5 way tie for the division title.. How that for a "BOLD prediction"?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone would change their prediction. I am still hoping 86 wins.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
The pitching has been improved and 56 wins so far. My 68 win total is going to be surpassed. Looks like it might be in the 80's. Go Reds!
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
We have 46 games left and sit at 56-60 now. If they go 26-20 to close out the season, doable I'd say ? They'll finish with my predicted 82 wins.

And the would be a pretty big improvement over the 66.5 or whatever average over the last 4 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 11:38 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The pitching has been improved and 56 wins so far. My 68 win total is going to be surpassed. Looks like it might be in the 80's. Go Reds!

(08-12-2019, 06:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We have 46 games left and sit at 56-60 now. If they go 26-20 to close out the season, doable I'd say ? They'll finish with my predicted 82 wins.

And the would be a pretty big improvement over the 66.5 or whatever average over the last 4 seasons.

The sad thing is the Reds could EASILY have 66 wins as of today.  EASILY.  I say they go 30-16 to close the season.  Make the wild card.  I'll take it.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
63 wins with a month to go. May end up in the upper 70's or low 80's. My 68 wins is going to be surpassed soon. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 09:42 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: 63 wins with a month to go. May end up in the upper 70's or low 80's. My 68 wins is going to be surpassed soon. lol

I had my hopes up with the additions of Wood and Bauer they'd get close to .500 but they're not gonna make it. 73-75 is gonna be about it.
Reply/Quote
Okay. The Reds are something like 19-30 in 1-run games. That is atrocious. If they went 30-19, they would be at 74 wins with a month to play. Makes me sick. Iggy as closer has to be traded. Look for the Reds to address closer role next year.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
The way the Reds are losing maybe I spoke too soon. Maybe 68 wins is about it. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 09:05 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The way the Reds are losing maybe I spoke too soon. Maybe 68 wins is about it. lol

The Reds over the last four seasons have finished with 64, 68, 68, and 67 wins for an average of 66.75

With 24 games remaining they'll most likely beat the 67 game average by a bit. But in the big picture it ain't much ! If they win 10 more, big IF that only puts them improving by 7 games. The "replacements" could do that in a given season.

If they want to win next season they have to make some big moves this coming offseason. The window of opportunity for small market teams in very small, the time is now. 

Aquino will be with the Yankees, Senzel with the Red Sox and Castillo with the Dodgers before you can blink.
Reply/Quote
69 wins. I am officially out with my 68 wins. We still have 2 weeks to go. Looks like mid 70's might be it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote