Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1st QTR awards
(10-06-2021, 11:00 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Getting rid of Price was a break from the Bengals/Mike Brown's philosophy of: My employees, let 'em rot.

Lots of players could have been traded/released that were out of their prime but were kept, considerably handicapping our roster.

Atkins, Dunlap, Ross, Green, Eifert etc.

It is easy for fans to make these calls with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.  But if the Bengals had gotten rid of Dunlap when he had just turned 30 and had 9 sacks and 21 QB hits the fan base would have revolted.  Same with Atkins when he just turned 31 and was selected to his 5th straight Pro Bowl.

If you don't believe me then just look at how everyone reacted when we let Whitworth walk in free agency when he was 36.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is easy for fans to make these calls with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.  But if the Bengals had gotten rid of Dunlap when he had just turned 30 and had 9 sacks and 21 QB hits the fan base would have revolted.  Same with Atkins when he just turned 31 and was selected to his 5th straight Pro Bowl.

If you don't believe me then just look at how everyone reacted when we let Whitworth walk in free agency when he was 36.

I do love all the Captain hinesights in here
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is easy for fans to make these calls with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.  But if the Bengals had gotten rid of Dunlap when he had just turned 30 and had 9 sacks and 21 QB hits the fan base would have revolted.  Same with Atkins when he just turned 31 and was selected to his 5th straight Pro Bowl.

True, but we were no longer winning with them. Eistein was right when he said something to the tune of expecting change by doing the same thing over and over again. 
Reply/Quote