Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st mock draft 2018
We trade AJM to the browns for a 2nd and 3rd.

1.Maurice Hurst DT Michigan

2a.Josey Jewell LB Iowa

2b.Will Hernandez G UTEP

3a.Justin Reid S Stanford

3b.Frank Ragnow C Arkansas

3c.Mike Gesicki TE Penn St (comp)

4.Kurt Benkert QB Virginia

5a.Daniel Carlson K Auburn

5b.Darren Carrington WR Utah (comp)

6.Mike Love DE South Fla

7a.James Butler RB Iowa

7b.Andre Chachere CB San Jose St. (comp)
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 12:08 AM)pulses Wrote: We trade AJM to the browns for a 2nd and 3rd.

1.Maurice Hurst DT Michigan

2a.Josey Jewell LB Iowa

2b.Will Hernandez G UTEP

3a.Justin Reid S Stanford

3b.Frank Ragnow C Arkansas

3c.Mike Gesicki TE Penn St (comp)

4.Kurt Benkert QB Virginia

5a.Daniel Carlson K Auburn

5b.Darren Carrington WR Utah (comp)

6.Mike Love DE South Fla

7a.James Butler RB Iowa

7b.Andre Chachere CB San Jose St. (comp)
Hurt is not worth a top 50 pick most overhyped player. in this draft. Go raquan Smith lb Georgia a dominant lb with the first pick then go price and hernandez with the second picks.as for the third round picks only problem is gesicki going first round 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 01:05 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Hurt is not worth a top 50 pick most overhyped player. in this draft. Go raquan Smith lb Georgia a dominant lb with the first pick then go price and hernandez with the second picks.as for the third round picks only problem is gesicki going first round 

Disagree.
According to PFF...
PFF College Football Wrote:Just how good was Maurice Hurst this season? He holds the nation's highest pass-rush grade (92.3), and 3rd-highest run defense grade (94.4), of any FBS defensive player, regardless of position.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/940348251823362053

Really the only concern with Hurst (for me at least) is his size. But Aaron Donald is practically the same size and is the #1 or #2 interior pass rusher in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 11:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Disagree.
According to PFF...

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/940348251823362053

Really the only concern with Hurst (for me at least) is his size. But Aaron Donald is practically the same size and is the #1 or #2 interior pass rusher in the NFL.

Maybe it's just me, but he got absolutely shut down by  Micheal Jordan in the OSU game. Micheal Jordan won't even be drafted. To me that's not worth a top 15 pick. I'll wait till next year when they have 5-6 dt with first round grades like Ed Oliver and dexter Lawrence.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 06:29 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but he got absolutely shut down by  Micheal Jordan in the OSU game. Micheal Jordan won't even be drafted. To me that's not worth a top 15 pick. I'll wait till next year when they have 5-6 dt with first round grades like Ed Oliver and dexter Lawrence.

Just because someone gets shut down in one or two games doesn't mean they aren't worthy of a Top 15 pick.
And you said Hurst wasn't worth a top 50 pick, not top 15 pick.
And Maurice Hurst led all of FBS defenders in pass rush grade, not just those that are draft eligible this coming year. Not fair to judge him based on just the OSU game.

And by your logic, Dexter Lawrence shouldn't be a Top 15 pick either. He has only 2.5 sacks this year. Talk about getting shut down for such a stud. The DT next to him, Wilkins, has had 4.5 sacks.

Listen, I'm not intending to say next year's class is bad, but I feel you aren't giving enough credit to this year's class. Christian Wilkins, Maurice Hurst, Taven Bryan, Harrison Phillips, Dre'Mont Jones, and Trenton Thompson all have shown they can rush the passer well. Da'Ron Payne and Vita Vea look like very good 3-4 NTs.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not a fan of the first two picks. The rest I like.

If you are drafting in the top10, you have to take the BPA, and I don't think Hurst is that guy.

I also want the best center in the draft. If that means moving up to get him using some of the comp picks or picks acquired in your trade, so be it. I'm done with the 2nd and 3rd prospects. We need a can't miss guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just because someone gets shut down in one or two games doesn't mean they aren't worthy of a Top 15 pick.
And you said Hurst wasn't worth a top 50 pick, not top 15 pick.
And Maurice Hurst led all of FBS defenders in pass rush grade, not just those that are draft eligible this coming year. Not fair to judge him based on just the OSU game.

And by your logic, Dexter Lawrence shouldn't be a Top 15 pick either. He has only 2.5 sacks this year. Talk about getting shut down for such a stud. The DT next to him, Wilkins, has had 4.5 sacks.

Listen, I'm not intending to say next year's class is bad, but I feel you aren't giving enough credit to this year's class. Christian Wilkins, Maurice Hurst, Taven Bryan, Harrison Phillips, Dre'Mont Jones, and Trenton Thompson all have shown they can rush the passer well. Da'Ron Payne and Vita Vea look like very good 3-4 NTs.
True. I do need to watch more film on Hurst. But to me he's an early second pick. Sorry I meant 15, he's worthy of top 50... I've seen 3 games of his and he dosent scream next Geno to me. And this class is very good, but next year has 5-6 that j would consider vying for pro bowl and all pro consideration wen this is done. Also I expect dremont Jones to come back. Vita vea I'm is more worthy if a top 15 pick than Hurst. But u are right about this class it's solid, but I don't see any 10+ sack a year guys. I see 5-6 next year.
(12-13-2017, 02:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not a fan of the first two picks. The rest I like.

If you are drafting in the top10, you have to take the BPA, and I don't think Hurst is that guy.

I also want the best center in the draft. If that means moving up to get him using some of the comp picks or picks acquired in your trade, so be it. I'm done with the 2nd and 3rd prospects. We need a can't miss guy.
Billy price. Can't miss. He would have been a first round pick had he stayed at guard. Bengals love their versatility. Very athletic for a center as well as a road grader. There's an article I posted about how hard he works. He's far and away the best center and I fully expect him to be gone by end of round 1.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 05:52 PM)Jpoore Wrote: True. I do need to watch more film on Hurst. But to me he's an early second pick. Sorry I meant 15, he's worthy of top 50... I've seen 3 games of his and he dosent scream next Geno to me. And this class is very good, but next year has 5-6 that j would consider vying for pro bowl and all pro consideration wen this is done. Also I expect dremont Jones to come back. Vita vea I'm is more worthy if a top 15 pick than Hurst. But u are right about this class it's solid, but I don't see any 10+ sack a year guys. I see 5-6 next year.
Billy price. Can't miss. He would have been a first round pick had he stayed at guard. Bengals love their versatility. Very athletic for a center as well as a road grader. There's an article I posted about how hard he works. He's far and away the best center and I fully expect him to be gone by end of round 1.

Who are the other prospects you see as 10+ sack a year DTs next year outside of Lawrence and Oliver?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 05:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who are the other prospects you see as 10+ sack a year DTs next year outside of Lawrence and Oliver?

Trenton Thompson reminds me of Geno so much. Before he tore his ACL. Excellent against the run and the pass. Think Trenton Thompson is just like Donald right now. And also dremont Jones. Buckeyes lost their 5 star de recruit so Jones will stay out there on their rush men package. When it was a clear passing play Jones came out and they put bosa,Lewis,Holmes,Hubbard on the field. This year Jones will stay of the field and get way better stats and go high round 1 in 2019.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Trenton Thompson reminds me of Geno so much. Before he tore his ACL. Excellent against the run and the pass. Think Trenton Thompson is just like Donald right now. And also dremont Jones. Buckeyes lost their 5 star de recruit so Jones will stay out there on their rush men package. When it was a clear passing play Jones came out and they put bosa,Lewis,Holmes,Hubbard on the field. This year Jones will stay of the field and get way better stats and go high round 1 in 2019.

There have been talks of Thompson coming out this year. Jones as well. We'll have to wait and see if they actually return or not. Right now it's all speculation.
Even if they return, that's only four DTs including Oliver and Lawrence. Not 5-6 like you said.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There have been talks of Thompson coming out this year. Jones as well. We'll have to wait and see if they actually return or not. Right now it's all speculation.
Even if they return, that's only four DTs including Oliver and Lawrence. Not 5-6 like you said.

I listed these as most probably coming back. Talked about Vita vea and Christian wilkins coming back as Wilkins had a bad year and may fall out of first round.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I listed these as most probably coming back. Talked about Vita vea and Christian wilkins coming back as Wilkins had a bad year and may fall out of first round.

OK, but that boils down to you think they will be coming back. But what if the following players actually do go into the draft as many are speculating?
Wilkins
Vea
Jones
Thompson

If any of them declare, do you consider this draft class to have some DTs worthy of being selected in the top half of the first round then?

EDIT - And where did you talk about all those guys coming back? I don't see that mentioned in this particular thread and I don't recall seeing it mentioned in any other thread either.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: OK, but that boils down to you think they will be coming back. But what if the following players actually do go into the draft as many are speculating?
Wilkins
Vea
Jones
Thompson

If any of them declare, do you consider this draft class to have some DTs worthy of being selected in the top half of the first round then?

In that case, yes. Although Derwin James would still be be pick for me. But in that case I'm going Thompson all the way. But yeah u gotta go passrushing dt in that car this year bc that would leave Oliver and Lawrence who both are gonna go top 5 as the only sure dt in next year draft.
Reply/Quote
so we have AJM under contract for another year?
If not, then why would the Browns trade us anything when they can just sign him and we can get a comp pick next year? If not, we have to tender him fairly high, and I don't see Mike Brown doing that.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: so we have AJM under contract for another year?
If not, then why would the Browns trade us anything when they can just sign him and we can get a comp pick next year? If not, we have to tender him fairly high, and I don't see Mike Brown doing that.

Second round tender.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Second round tender.

Are you saying this as this is what he SHOULD be tendered if he does in fact become a RFA?
Because it's not been confirmed 100% for sure yet that he will be a RFA vs UFA nor has a tender actually been placed on him if he were to be RFA.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Are you saying this as this is what he SHOULD be tendered if he does in fact become a RFA?
Because it's not been confirmed 100% for sure yet that he will be a RFA vs UFA nor has a tender actually been placed on him if he were to be RFA.

If he's a rfa I believe we should put a second round tender on him.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Are you saying this as this is what he SHOULD be tendered if he does in fact become a RFA?

Unfortunately, we won't know this until February of 2018.
NFLPA says UFA, League says RFA.

If we can, we should put a 1st round tender on him. We can negotiate for less, then we might be able to swing a 2nd and 3rd instead of only a 2nd.
Reply/Quote