Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st mock of 2019
Here is my first attempt at a Mock this year.  I used the Draft Network Site.  I tried to hit all our needs with what was available.

11. Dwayne Haskins, QB Ohio State

42. Chris Lindstrom, IOL Boston College

72. Michael Deiter, OT Wisconsin

110. Dawson Knox, TE Mississippi

149. Germaine Pratt, LB NC State

183. Mike Weber, RB Ohio State

198. Mark Fields, CB Clemson

210. Jalen Hurd, WR Baylor

211. Ulysees Gilbert III, LB Akron

213. JoJo McIntosh, SWashington

223. Ricky Walker, IDL Virginia Tech

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
A scenario like this would near-guarantee a rebuild unless the team shopped for 1-2 good starting LBs in FA, but that wasn't mentioned.
If there is a rebuild, I'd be fine with this even though no LB taken until Day 3, just don't have false hope that the Bengals would become contenders at least for a couple more years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A scenario like this would near-guarantee a rebuild unless the team shopped for 1-2 good starting LBs in FA, but that wasn't mentioned.
If there is a rebuild, I'd be fine with this even though no LB taken until Day 3, just don't have false hope that the Bengals would become contenders at least for a couple more years.

I agree.  I hope that Free Agency brings in some talent this year, but who knows with this franchise.  I wanted a LB earlier but none were available when the Bengals selection came up.  Plus a rebuild may not be a horrible idea

Reply/Quote
I just don't think we are going into a rebuild. I also like Murray more than Haskins but this is just my opinion.

I like all the picks besides Haskins. Have to take care of the Line and Linebackers for this team to get back to a Playoff contender.

It also seems like Taylor loves Dalton, so i don't see us selecting a QB early especially when our needs are so obvious.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A scenario like this would near-guarantee a rebuild unless the team shopped for 1-2 good starting LBs in FA, but that wasn't mentioned.

It would not surprise me if we take Haskins at 11,he is going to be a stud,but I seriously believe the gaints are going to take his,as he is from New York and they love him.We will have no chance at him unless we move up and we need Devin White at 11,he is a huge player and perhaps our biggest need as our linebackers were the worst ever and our defense is our biggest weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just don't think we are going into a rebuild. I also like Murray more than Haskins but this is just my opinion.

I like all the picks besides Haskins. Have to take care of the Line and Linebackers for this team to get back to a Playoff contender.

It also seems like Taylor loves Dalton, so i don't see us selecting a QB early especially when our needs are so obvious.

You're assuming they care about "needs." We'll see starting next week (FA) how much they care to try to win now vs rebuild for a potential run in a few years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 04:20 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: It would not surprise me if we take Haskins at 11,he is going to be a stud,but I seriously believe the gaints are going to take his,as he is from New York and they love him.We will have no chance at him unless we move up and we need Devin White at 11,he is a huge player and perhaps our biggest need as our linebackers were the worst ever and our defense is our biggest weaknesses.

I would love White at 11, but in this scenario White was gone and there was no o-lineman worth 11.  

Reply/Quote