Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absolutely perfect mock
No better mock than this from the draft network

11. Devin white. We all know how good he is future all pro lber who is an outstanding blitzer Enough said.

42. Devin bush jr. Great pro bowl lber who will help immensely in the pass defense aspect.

72. Micheal Dieter. Plug and play ot/og. Instantly upgrades whatever position he plays.

104. Jace sternberger. Great te who will be a great receiving option.

139. Rock ya sin. The one guy who might not be there, but if he is he's an immideate option to challenge Dre kirkpatrick and dennard for starting CB spot.

170. Tyreek jackson At worst elite backup QB. At best Carson Wentz level upside after 2 years of development and the ability to get a franchise qb after a couple years of development. Bc he needs at least 2 years but the upside is there.

185. Lil Jordan Humphrey. Great special too get rid of core and a legit wr if injuries occur we can count on.

201 Bryce love gio isn't getting any younger.
This was done before the comp picks were added.
Reply/Quote
It's a good mock, but I don't feel OL is addressed enough.
Who plays RT? I see Deiter as a solid option for RG but not at RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have seen White mocked everywhere it seems, before our our pick and after. If he is there, I'd only hope we go flying to podium! Bush doesn't excite me at all. Rd2 I think is where we grab an OT, should be a good selection here. The rest of the mock would be outstanding!
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have seen White mocked everywhere it seems, before our our pick and after. If he is there, I'd only hope we go flying to podium! Bush doesn't excite me at all. Rd2 I think is where we grab an OT, should be a good selection here. The rest of the mock would be outstanding!

Interesting take.  I actually think Bush is a much better fit in today's game.  That being said, there's no way in the world that I would take him at #11.

Our biggest need is at RG and RT.  We have ZERO competent NFL players at those spots.  At least we have a couple linebackers that can actually play the game at an acceptable level.

I would love to see us fill both needs in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 01:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Interesting take.  I actually think Bush is a much better fit in today's game.  That being said, there's no way in the world that I would take him at #11.

Our biggest need is at RG and RT.  We have ZERO competent NFL players at those spots.  At least we have a couple linebackers that can actually play the game at an acceptable level.

I would love to see us fill both needs in the draft.

I admit I have only seen Bush play 1 game and that was against OSU. I heard the noise about him and thought he would cause OSU problems. He was a non factor in the game, in fact he was pretty bad up till he got hurt and left the game. 1 game doesn't make or break a career, I understand. I agree #11 would be to high for him. Love White though!
I do think we can get starter quality OL in rd2 and rd3. Hopefully that will address the right side of our line. They are my concerns also.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I admit I have only seen Bush play 1 game and that was against OSU. I heard the noise about him and thought he would cause OSU problems. He was a non factor in the game, in fact he was pretty bad up till he got hurt and left the game. 1 game doesn't make or break a career, I understand. I agree #11 would be to high for him. Love White though!
I do think we can get starter quality OL in rd2 and rd3. Hopefully that will address the right side of our line. They are my concerns also.

There shouldn't really be an issue with going non-QB BPA at 11 since there should be a way to get any of the following positions worthwhile playing time:
- LB (obvious)
- OL (obvious)
- TE (obvious)
- DT (nickel DT at least)
- DE (typical rotation snaps)
- CB (nickel CB at least)

If the team were to go QB or WR, you'd have to expect either a trade coming soon after the draft or just keeping the incumbent through 2019 as a stopgap while the rookie gets up to speed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There shouldn't really be an issue with going non-QB BPA at 11 since there should be a way to get any of the following positions worthwhile playing time:
- LB (obvious)
- OL (obvious)
- TE (obvious)

If the team were to go QB or WR, you'd have to expect either a trade coming soon after the draft or just keeping the incumbent through 2019 as a stopgap while the rookie gets up to speed.

I agree with your post. To me it seems 1st rd is easy to get players that should get playing time. (As I typed that, I thought, except our last 3 or 4 lmao) I'm thinking our day 2 picks. If we can get them alot of playing time or even starting, it's a very successful draft
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I admit I have only seen Bush play 1 game and that was against OSU. I heard the noise about him and thought he would cause OSU problems. He was a non factor in the game, in fact he was pretty bad up till he got hurt and left the game. 1 game doesn't make or break a career, I understand. I agree #11 would be to high for him. Love White though!
Bush went out like the first drive I wanna say against LSU
(03-01-2019, 03:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There shouldn't really be an issue with going non-QB BPA at 11 since there should be a way to get any of the following positions worthwhile playing time:
- LB (obvious)
- OL (obvious)
- TE (obvious)

I mean if metcalf is there u aren’t gonna see me complaining if we take him... but I agree can’t really go wrong anyway we go
Reply/Quote
I thought Jace looked great at the combine yesterday, would love to have him......the above draft would be wet dream material, if we were to get 5 out of those 7 its a Home Run.....after yesterday no way Bush slides to us in the 2nd round...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

If our draft people passes on Devin White they are crazy.He is someone we need really really bad and he will not be there pass the 11th,IF he is gone,grab Devin Bush,he is second best in this draft and we NEED THEM.No other player should be considered at 11.These type players only come around every 5 or so year.s
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 12:56 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No better mock than this from the draft network

11. Devin white. We all know how good he is future all pro lber who is an outstanding blitzer Enough said.

42. Devin bush jr. Great pro bowl lber who will help immensely in the pass defense aspect.

72. Micheal Dieter. Plug and play ot/og. Instantly upgrades whatever position he plays.

139. Rock ya sin. The one guy who might not be there, but if he is he's an immideate option to challenge Dre kirkpatrick and dennard for starting CB spot.

170. Tyreek jackson At worst elite backup QB. At best Carson Wentz level upside after 2 years of development and the ability to get a franchise qb after a couple years of development. Bc he needs at least 2 years but the upside is there.

185. Lil Jordan Humphrey. Great special too get rid of core and a legit wr if injuries occur we can count on.

I'm will to bet that Devin Bush is gone before the 20th pick, likely to the Browns at 17 or before, and if not by them, then certainly by the Steelers at 20.

Rock ya sin is also going to be long gone, likely before we pick in the 2nd round.

I'm not a fan of Dieter, he got eaten up at the senior bowl.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 08:55 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: If our draft people passes on Devin White they are crazy.He is someone we need really really bad and he will not be there pass the 11th,IF he is gone,grab Devin Bush,he is second best in this draft and we NEED THEM.No other player should be considered at 11.These type players only come around every 5 or so year.s

Eh, I wouldn't say that.  Roquan Smith was a similar, if not higher graded, prospect last year.

I wouldn't take Bush at 11.  If White is there, fine.

IF there is an OT there that carries a high grade, you HAVE to consider them as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 07:22 PM)corpjet Wrote: I thought Jace looked great at the combine yesterday, would love to have him......the above draft would be wet dream material, if we were to get 5 out of those 7 its a Home Run.....after yesterday no way Bush slides to us in the 2nd round...
Agreed. Probably more Mack Wilson territory
(03-04-2019, 12:01 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm will to bet that Devin Bush is gone before the 20th pick, likely to the Browns at 17 or before, and if not by them, then certainly by the Steelers at 20.

Rock ya sin is also going to be long gone, likely before we pick in the 2nd round.

I'm not a fan of Dieter, he got eaten up at the senior bowl.
Agreed. Combine always changes things
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 12:56 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No better mock than this from the draft network

The "Devin" LB package would be outstanding, but I see now way Devin Bush makes it to round 2, but I can hope.

There is a pretty strong drop-off in talent at OT and if we don't get one of the early ones, I have no problem waiting until Rd3 for our RT.  

The Bengals need to re-sign Redmond, Westerman, and Hopkins, but hopefully go after a veteran to play RT.  

I might push for a safety later instead of a corner, but Landon Collins just became available..... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Just reading the tea leaves (Hobson and the fact that we got turned down by the DC from Florida) we will not be drafting a linebacker in the first round no matter who's available.

In fact I do not believe we will be drafting a defensive player in the first round

We will be drafting either the best offensive lineman or the best TE.

Not only that if we draft a TE it will probably be Fant because of his speed versus the best player (Hockenson)

AND my belief is that we will not resign Eifert regardless.

NOR will we be signing a significant FA to support this draft.

I still think the focus will be winning now.  But it will be through the draft with the emphasis on offensive players.

Good chance we will not take a defensive player till the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 11:12 AM)3wt Wrote: Just reading the tea leaves (Hobson and the fact that we got turned down by the DC from Florida) we will not be drafting a linebacker in the first round no matter who's available.

In fact I do not believe we will be drafting a defensive player in the first round

We will be drafting either the best offensive lineman or the best TE.

Not only that if we draft a TE it will probably be Fant because of his speed versus the best player (Hockenson)

AND my belief is that we will not resign Eifert regardless.

NOR will we be signing a significant FA to support this draft.

I still think the focus will be winning now.  But it will be through the draft with the emphasis on offensive players.

Good chance we will not take a defensive player till the 3rd round.
I've got nothing but respect for you, but I disagree with a lot of what you said.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 03:07 PM)McC Wrote: I've got nothing but respect for you, but I disagree with a lot of what you said.

Yeah I'm in a pretty negative place today - and concerned they are going to make a cascade of bad decisions.  I've not really recovered from 2015.

I think I'm right on the FA thing based on the musings of Geoff Hobson and his insistence that the Bengals will not make any kind of high end stab at the FA market.

The rest is pure speculation.   I'm extrapolating from the fact that the Florida DC turned us down after the interview.  I'm speculating that he might have been interested if we expressed an interest in one of the top notch defensive prospects and declined because we told him we were going to go offense.

Like I said I'm not in a good place today.

I appreciate your respectful reply.
Reply/Quote