Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st offensive play
As everyone on this board is getting nervous and anticipating the start of the 2022 season....
wondering what everyone thinks will be our 1st play call when we get the ball (assuming its in our side of field) ? Bomb to Chase? Mixon for 4 yds? TB for 10 yds?

Im going with a play action (with Mixon) and a 15 yard dart to Hayden Hurst to formally introduce to Pitt that we now have a legit threat at TE.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:43 AM)kalibengal Wrote: As everyone on this board is getting nervous and anticipating the start of the 2022 season....
wondering what everyone thinks will be our 1st play call when we get the ball (assuming its in our side of field) ? Bomb to Chase?  Mixon for 4 yds?  TB for 10 yds?

Im going with a play action (with Mixon) and a 15 yard dart to Hayden Hurst to formally introduce to Pitt that we now have a legit threat at TE.

I love your pick, and it could be very realistic, but I almost have 100% certainty that they will run right at TJ Watt behind Cappa and Collings (The C&C Bulldozing Factory?  Hey, I tried...if you don't get it, look up C&C music factory) and hope it nets at least 5 yards.  Kind of a message to Watt:  You won't be teeing off all day on a pass rush, here comes the BOOM!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I want to see a reverse play. With Trent Taylor in it. Starting with a complex play will set the statement for the season, it will either be a good successful play stating we are ready, or a failed, sloppy play that shows we are unprepared. Please no Mixon, no Chase.. spread the love, get the others involved early in the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I love your pick, and it could be very realistic, but I almost have 100% certainty that they will run right at TJ Watt behind Cappa and Collings (The C&C Bulldozing Factory?  Hey, I tried...if you don't get it, look up C&C music factory) and hope it nets at least 5 yards.  Kind of a message to Watt:  You won't be teeing off all day on a pass rush, here comes the BOOM!

Yeah, run right is my guess (but maybe Pitt's too) but this is way more colorful than I would have put it.  Mixon should have a big day.
Reply/Quote
Last year's first play was a short pass complete to Mixon for 5 yards.
The year before that it was a short pass complete to Mixon for 2 yards.
The year before that it was a short pass Dalton completed to Boyd for 3 yards.

So, I'm going to guess that Burrow throws a short pass to Mixon for 2-5 yards. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:43 AM)kalibengal Wrote: As everyone on this board is getting nervous and anticipating the start of the 2022 season....
wondering what everyone thinks will be our 1st play call when we get the ball (assuming its in our side of field) ? Bomb to Chase?  Mixon for 4 yds?  TB for 10 yds?

Since Taylor arrived in Cincinnati, the first play of the season has been a pass all three times. Out of those three times, only one of them actually traveled past the line of scrimmage, and it went two yards. The other two were screen passes.

With this data in hand, I believe Cincinnati will run a WR screen to Chase, gaining three yards and setting up 2nd a 7. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I want to see a reverse play. With Trent Taylor in it.

You want our #6 WR to start...why?

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:54 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Since Taylor arrived in Cincinnati, the first play of the season has been a pass all three times. Out of those three times, only one of them actually traveled past the line of scrimmage, and it went two yards. The other two were screen passes.

With this data in hand, I believe Cincinnati will run a WR screen to Chase, gaining three yards and setting up 2nd a 7. 

But the Steelers know this too, so I'm sure they'll be ready for it.  But we know that they know, so maybe we switch it up.  But they know that we know they know. So maybe doing it anyway is the way to go.  But they know that we know they know we know and we know that they know we know they know.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:59 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You want our #6 WR to start...why?

I elaborated a bit after i posted it, I want our other players to get involved earlier in the season, we know what our elite can do. Keeps our elite players lets beat up, too.

"Starting with a complex play will set the statement for the season, it will either be a good successful play stating we are ready, or a failed, sloppy play that shows we are unprepared. Please no Mixon, no Chase.. spread the love, get the others involved early in the season."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 11:01 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I elaborated a bit after i posted it, I want our other players to get involved earlier in the season, we know what our elite can do. Keeps our elite players lets beat up, too.

"Starting with a complex play will set the statement for the season, it will either be a good successful play stating we are ready, or a failed, sloppy play that shows we are unprepared. Please no Mixon, no Chase.. spread the love, get the others involved early in the season."

Yes, they can help you win football games. Starting the bottom of your roster is how you lose football games. The goal is to win football games, not lose them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Normally, my prediction is a safe run or short pass for 3 to 4 yards, but this team is different than past years. I expect them to call a deep shot on the first play. It may not connect, especially if the Steelers play 2 high starting off, which would probably result in a 10 to 15 yard pass to Boyd over the middle, but I expect them to be aggressive with their play calling from the very start.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 11:01 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I elaborated a bit after i posted it, I want our other players to get involved earlier in the season, we know what our elite can do. Keeps our elite players lets beat up, too.

Odd take IMHO.

It is the very first game, we need our best involved early and often. I would think we want the Steelers playing from behind as soon as possible. Taylor is not remotely close to being a threat on the level of Chase - I dont think I need to get Herm Edwards to explain why we play the game....?

And your "preparedness" statement makes no sense either. It only takes one defender to win for a play to be busted - has nothing to do with preparedness. Believe it or not, Watt and Heyward are incredible players that will win some plays.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I love your pick, and it could be very realistic, but I almost have 100% certainty that they will run right at TJ Watt behind Cappa and Collings (The C&C Bulldozing Factory?  Hey, I tried...if you don't get it, look up C&C music factory) and hope it nets at least 5 yards.  Kind of a message to Watt:  You won't be teeing off all day on a pass rush, here comes the BOOM!

Yeah, like I posted in the other thread, I want them to run it right at Watt the whole game to where he is on his knees puking on the field. His attempt to injure Burrow last year can't go unanswered.
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna say a pass to TB. I do like the idea of running it right at Watts.
Reply/Quote
Back shoulder to Higgins on the sideline, 15 yards.
Reply/Quote

Ummmm, Uzomah wasn't a legit threat at TE?  Come on, now.
Reply/Quote
A nice, easy completion to calm everyone's nerves is probably the correct answer. I'll go with a screen to Boyd or Chase.
Reply/Quote
I think we hit Hurst for a first down!
Reply/Quote
Im not nervous. The 1st play will be a run

its a tone setter
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Flea Flicker Burrow to Boyd for a TD!
Reply/Quote