Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st offensive play
(09-07-2022, 10:43 AM)kalibengal Wrote: As everyone on this board is getting nervous and anticipating the start of the 2022 season....
wondering what everyone thinks will be our 1st play call when we get the ball (assuming its in our side of field) ? Bomb to Chase? Mixon for 4 yds? TB for 10 yds?

Im going with a play action (with Mixon) and a 15 yard dart to Hayden Hurst to formally introduce to Pitt that we now have a legit threat at TE.

Mixon over right side. Second play Hurst down the seam. Teams are going to make us run. I hear on here all the time we aren’t going to run the ball with our WR group. We are going to have to combat the 3 safety or deep safety looks all teams will be going to against us and used by us as well a ton.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 01:03 PM)Housh Wrote: Im not nervous. The 1st play will be a run

its a tone setter

Mixon off the right side for one yard.

You hear that shit? We're coming for you.
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna say left side just to be a contrarian. Swing pass to Mixon, picks up about 5 yards.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 11:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Odd take IMHO.

It is the very first game, we need our best involved early and often. I would think we want the Steelers playing from behind as soon as possible. Taylor is not remotely close to being a threat on the level of Chase - I dont think I need to get Herm Edwards to explain why we play the game....?

And your "preparedness" statement makes no sense either. It only takes one defender to win for a play to be busted - has nothing to do with preparedness. Believe it or not, Watt and Heyward are incredible players that will win some plays.

It's just for the 1st play, not the entire game, don't misunderstand, would be nice to begin it this way, imo.  As for the first play deciding our season, it's more supersticion than anything but could be telling at the same time. Only time will tell.

Zac, if you're reading this, do it!
Reply/Quote
Mixon to the house behind collins

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:54 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Since Taylor arrived in Cincinnati, the first play of the season has been a pass all three times. Out of those three times, only one of them actually traveled past the line of scrimmage, and it went two yards. The other two were screen passes.

With this data in hand, I believe Cincinnati will run a WR screen to Chase, gaining three yards and setting up 2nd a 7. 

This is the correct answer. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Pick 6.

Will be the first play on defense. Then when the offense gets the ball, it won't be anything too cutsey. I'd expect a Mixon run, to test the Oline's run blocking early and often. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:43 AM)kalibengal Wrote: As everyone on this board is getting nervous and anticipating the start of the 2022 season....
wondering what everyone thinks will be our 1st play call when we get the ball (assuming its in our side of field) ? Bomb to Chase?  Mixon for 4 yds?  TB for 10 yds?

Im going with a play action (with Mixon) and a 15 yard dart to Hayden Hurst to formally introduce to Pitt that we now have a legit threat at TE.

You took mine Kali, was going to say the same exact thing lol

This play would put Pitt instantly on their heels and we can start pounding them in the run game on the next first down.
Reply/Quote
Reverse to Tyler Boyd for 15 yards.
Reply/Quote
Play action, Boyd over the middle, ~6 yards
Reply/Quote
First play is a deep ball to somebody, doesn’t matter who. The play is a statement that the bengals have a dominate oline that can give JB time to go deep, any down.
Reply/Quote
Play action pass to Boyd who takes it to the House !

Then the Bengals commence running it down their throats.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Punt (quick kick).

Pin them deep and play tough D.
Reply/Quote
Normally,it would be Mixon.No question about it.But,with this new line they might be confident enough to try something else.I would love to see Chase run a go route on the very first play of the game,and Burrow just sling it down the field for a touchdown.But,I’ll go with Mixon running right side for a few yards.I hope this Offense isn’t as predictable as it was last year.
Reply/Quote
Mixon off tackle for 3 or 4 yds. Joelist immediately follows with his first in-game post: "Our line is complete garbage."
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote