Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st round Mock
Bored at work on this slow Friday, heres a mock I came up with for the entire first round. No trades, even though we all know there will be.

1. Cleveland. Sequon Barkley, RB Penn St- While I think they get one of the top QB's, I think the smart pick is the top player in the draft. Barkley is going to blow up the combine and be a hot commodity leading up to the draft.

2. NY Giants. Josh Rosen, QB UCLA- Sam Darnold would be my choice but I think they go Rosen because of the big city appeal he brings with his attitude. For Rosen, this is a great landing spot to learn behind Eli for a year and then take over.

3. Indy. Bradley Chubb, DE NC State- Minkah Fitzpatrick could be another option here, but I think the colts get the best pass rusher in the draft to finally give them someone on that D-Line that scares someone.

4. Cleveland. Sam Darnold, QB USC- Well they end up getting their QB along with the RB they covet. If you come away with the top RB and arguably the top QB, you call it a good day at the office.

5. Denver. Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma- John Elway likes to make splashes, see Josh McDanials/Tim Tebow/etc., and for my money, Mayfield is the most pro ready QB that could come in and win next season, and a lot of that has to do with his feet and how well he throws on the run. Denver would be scary if Mayfield came in and commanded that offense.

6. NY Jets. Josh Allen, QB Wyoming- The QB run continues and the Jets get in on the action with the big arm of Allen. I think the Jets sign a vet like Keenum or McCown back and let him learn a year before throwing him to the wolves.

7. Tampa Bay. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama- What a steal the Buccs would get if they can land one of the top players in all of the draft here. The Buccs were a mess on defense last year and adding someone on the back end of the D is priority this offseason.

8. Chicago. Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama- Back to back Bama players come off the board. The Bears have nothing at WR right now, and you don't draft a QB #2 overall and give him nothing to work with.

9. San Fran. Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State- The 49'ers finally take the first true CB off the board and playing in a division with the Rams, Cards and Seahawks, you need all of the press man CB's you can get.

10. Raiders. Tremaine Edmunds, LB Virginia Tech- Jon Gruden loves fast LB'ers. It's kind of always been his thing. Well Edmunds is going to run really fast at the combine and.........he's 19 years old.

11. Dolphins. Josh Jackson, CB Iowa- This could also be Smith or Quinton Nelson but the Dolphins DB's aren't good and playing in a division with Tom Brady, you need all the help you can get when you have no true #1 CB. Jackson changes that.

12. Bengals. Quinton Nelson, G Notre Dame- I realistically don't know that Nelson will make it here after some of the trades that might happen, but if he was still here as he is in this mock, the Bengals better run up to the podium. I also really like Smith here if Nelson is gone, but for now, Nelson would already be the best lineman on this team as soon as he put on a jersey.

13. Redskins. RDa'Ron Payne, DL Alabama- The Redskins double dip in back to back years with Bama D-lineman. Allen and Payne on the same line would be a lot of beef up front that the Redskins desperately need in their 3-4 defense. 

14. Packers. Roquan Smith, LB Georgia- The Packers add one of the best players in the draft and this one will free up just about everyone in the front 7 at times because of the speed he posses. Smith and Blake Martinez could cover a ton of ground in a 3-4 defense.

15. Cardinals. Vita Vea. DT Washington- Think the Cards missed Campbell last year along that D-Line? Well they go out and try to find someone that can free up some guys in the front 7. Vea is going to go to the combine and amaze with his size to speed ratio.

16. Ravens. Cortland Sutton, WR SMU- The Ravens keep taking shots to find that WR they need for Joe Flacco. Sutton might be one of the only true big bodied, day 1 WR's in this draft.

17. LA Chargers. Derwin James, S FSU- The Chargers benefit from all of the early QB's going off the board and players falling. They get one of the top players in all of the draft to help shore up an already very good defensive unit.

18. Seahawks. Mike McGlinchey, T, Notre Dame- The Seahawks finally take the first T off the board and this is one of the picks that makes just too much sense.

19. Dallas. Marcus Davenport, DL, UTSA- The Cowboys get a raw prospect but he has a ton of upside as a pass rusher. Reminds me of Ziggy Ansah a lot actually.

20. Detroit. Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan- The Lions were one of the worst interior defensive teams in football last year. Hurst lost a little appeal this year but he has some really solid games against top competition.

21. Buffalo. Orlando Brown, T Oklahoma- Buffalo loves to run the ball. They need offensive line help and Brown is a monster of a man. He helps solidify this O-Line on the right side.

22. Buffalo. Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama- Evans is a rangy linebacker that is going to probably rise up some draft boards. Evans at this spot would be a steal in my opinion.

23. LA Rams-Connor Williams, T, Texas- Whitworth is getting to the age where he is one injury away from not being the same player anymore and they have no backup in place to succeed him right now. Insert Williams to learn under Whit while he is still around.

24. Panthers. Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M- The Panthers were aggressive getting offensive players last year but they selected a lot of gadget guys. Funchess was the only true downfield weapon and he needs help. Kirk is a big WR that can add some much needed talent to that WR corp.

25. Titans. Will Hernandez, G, UTEP- The Titans made a huge deal about putting their QB in a position to succeed this year and it starts by keeping him clean. Plus Hernandez will set the tone in the run game for their duo of RB's.

26. Falcons. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State- Being compared to Gronk is usually a good thing right? How ecstatic would Matt Ryan be to have this monster running down the middle of the field?

27. Saints. Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College- Once considered one of the top players in this draft, Landry had a little bit of a down year. The Saints are the beneficiaries of it. This kid can go.

28. Pittsburgh. Mike Hughes, CB, UCF- The Steelers go with another first round corner to try to pair with last years and give them a shut down defense that the AFC North is used to.

29. Jacksonville. Isiah Wynn, OG/OT, Georgia- If Wynn was 3 inches taller, he would be the first T off the board. But since he's not, he kicks inside to keep adding to this Jacksonville running attack.

30. Vikings. Billy Price, C/G, Ohio State- The Vikings have one of the most complete rosters in all of football and they dip back into the OSU O-line this year to solidify the interior of the offensive line.

31. Patriots. James Daniels, G/C, Iowa- The Patriots know they are coming to the end of the Tom Brady Era and they are going to try to surround him with as much as possible before this ship sails. The Pats have some free agents along the O-line so look for them to replenish.

32. Eagles. Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA- Not knowing the status of Jason Peters, and even with his age, the Eagles look for a longterm replacement for him.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 02:19 PM)dr1441 Wrote: Bored at work on this slow Friday, heres a mock I came up with for the entire first round. No trades, even though we all know there will be.

1. Cleveland. Sequon Barkley, RB Penn St- While I think they get one of the top QB's, I think the smart pick is the top player in the draft. Barkley is going to blow up the combine and be a hot commodity leading up to the draft.

2. NY Giants. Josh Rosen, QB UCLA- Sam Darnold would be my choice but I think they go Rosen because of the big city appeal he brings with his attitude. For Rosen, this is a great landing spot to learn behind Eli for a year and then take over.

3. Indy. Bradley Chubb, DE NC State- Minkah Fitzpatrick could be another option here, but I think the colts get the best pass rusher in the draft to finally give them someone on that D-Line that scares someone.

4. Cleveland. Sam Darnold, QB USC- Well they end up getting their QB along with the RB they covet. If you come away with the top RB and arguably the top QB, you call it a good day at the office.

5. Denver. Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma- John Elway likes to make splashes, see Josh McDanials/Tim Tebow/etc., and for my money, Mayfield is the most pro ready QB that could come in and win next season, and a lot of that has to do with his feet and how well he throws on the run. Denver would be scary if Mayfield came in and commanded that offense.

6. NY Jets. Josh Allen, QB Wyoming- The QB run continues and the Jets get in on the action with the big arm of Allen. I think the Jets sign a vet like Keenum or McCown back and let him learn a year before throwing him to the wolves.

7. Tampa Bay. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama- What a steal the Buccs would get if they can land one of the top players in all of the draft here. The Buccs were a mess on defense last year and adding someone on the back end of the D is priority this offseason.

8. Chicago. Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama- Back to back Bama players come off the board. The Bears have nothing at WR right now, and you don't draft a QB #2 overall and give him nothing to work with.

9. San Fran. Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State- The 49'ers finally take the first true CB off the board and playing in a division with the Rams, Cards and Seahawks, you need all of the press man CB's you can get.

10. Raiders. Tremaine Edmunds, LB Virginia Tech- Jon Gruden loves fast LB'ers. It's kind of always been his thing. Well Edmunds is going to run really fast at the combine and.........he's 19 years old.

11. Dolphins. Josh Jackson, CB Iowa- This could also be Smith or Quinton Nelson but the Dolphins DB's aren't good and playing in a division with Tom Brady, you need all the help you can get when you have no true #1 CB. Jackson changes that.

12. Bengals. Quinton Nelson, G Notre Dame- I realistically don't know that Nelson will make it here after some of the trades that might happen, but if he was still here as he is in this mock, the Bengals better run up to the podium. I also really like Smith here if Nelson is gone, but for now, Nelson would already be the best lineman on this team as soon as he put on a jersey.

13. Redskins. RDa'Ron Payne, DL Alabama- The Redskins double dip in back to back years with Bama D-lineman. Allen and Payne on the same line would be a lot of beef up front that the Redskins desperately need in their 3-4 defense. 

14. Packers. Roquan Smith, LB Georgia- The Packers add one of the best players in the draft and this one will free up just about everyone in the front 7 at times because of the speed he posses. Smith and Blake Martinez could cover a ton of ground in a 3-4 defense.

15. Cardinals. Vita Vea. DT Washington- Think the Cards missed Campbell last year along that D-Line? Well they go out and try to find someone that can free up some guys in the front 7. Vea is going to go to the combine and amaze with his size to speed ratio.

16. Ravens. Cortland Sutton, WR SMU- The Ravens keep taking shots to find that WR they need for Joe Flacco. Sutton might be one of the only true big bodied, day 1 WR's in this draft.

17. LA Chargers. Derwin James, S FSU- The Chargers benefit from all of the early QB's going off the board and players falling. They get one of the top players in all of the draft to help shore up an already very good defensive unit.

18. Seahawks. Mike McGlinchey, T, Notre Dame- The Seahawks finally take the first T off the board and this is one of the picks that makes just too much sense.

19. Dallas. Marcus Davenport, DL, UTSA- The Cowboys get a raw prospect but he has a ton of upside as a pass rusher. Reminds me of Ziggy Ansah a lot actually.

20. Detroit. Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan- The Lions were one of the worst interior defensive teams in football last year. Hurst lost a little appeal this year but he has some really solid games against top competition.

21. Buffalo. Orlando Brown, T Oklahoma- Buffalo loves to run the ball. They need offensive line help and Brown is a monster of a man. He helps solidify this O-Line on the right side.

22. Buffalo. Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama- Evans is a rangy linebacker that is going to probably rise up some draft boards. Evans at this spot would be a steal in my opinion.

23. LA Rams-Connor Williams, T, Texas- Whitworth is getting to the age where he is one injury away from not being the same player anymore and they have no backup in place to succeed him right now. Insert Williams to learn under Whit while he is still around.

24. Panthers. Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M- The Panthers were aggressive getting offensive players last year but they selected a lot of gadget guys. Funchess was the only true downfield weapon and he needs help. Kirk is a big WR that can add some much needed talent to that WR corp.

25. Titans. Will Hernandez, G, UTEP- The Titans made a huge deal about putting their QB in a position to succeed this year and it starts by keeping him clean. Plus Hernandez will set the tone in the run game for their duo of RB's.

26. Falcons. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State- Being compared to Gronk is usually a good thing right? How ecstatic would Matt Ryan be to have this monster running down the middle of the field?

27. Saints. Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College- Once considered one of the top players in this draft, Landry had a little bit of a down year. The Saints are the beneficiaries of it. This kid can go.

28. Pittsburgh. Mike Hughes, CB, UCF- The Steelers go with another first round corner to try to pair with last years and give them a shut down defense that the AFC North is used to.

29. Jacksonville. Isiah Wynn, OG/OT, Georgia- If Wynn was 3 inches taller, he would be the first T off the board. But since he's not, he kicks inside to keep adding to this Jacksonville running attack.

30. Vikings. Billy Price, C/G, Ohio State- The Vikings have one of the most complete rosters in all of football and they dip back into the OSU O-line this year to solidify the interior of the offensive line.

31. Patriots. James Daniels, G/C, Iowa- The Patriots know they are coming to the end of the Tom Brady Era and they are going to try to surround him with as much as possible before this ship sails. The Pats have some free agents along the O-line so look for them to replenish.

32. Eagles. Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA- Not knowing the status of Jason Peters, and even with his age, the Eagles look for a longterm replacement for him.

I give props to anyone who is willing to do research on all teams to find out what their needs are making a full mock. I'm far too lazy to ever do that lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Very good insight!! You and I and probably 95% of us here would take Nelson in a heartbeat, but this is the Bengals we are talking about here! lol I'm inclined to think Smith will be our pick here. I just don't see an OT that has all things needed to be a great LT right now. I guess what I am saying none of them wow me enough to take at #12.
Reply/Quote