Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 1/2 point underdogs
(01-04-2016, 02:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the conversions that matter are red zones.. and scoring 24 points... how many points did the great Steelers score last week against this same team... enough said

They also put 43 points on the 49ers defense the Bengals scored 24 on, and 45 on the Colts the Bengals got whipped by last wild card, and held the Cardinals to 13 points while the Bengals let them score 34. Meanwhile the Bengals dropped 37 on the Browns while the Steelers only scored 28.

You can do that nonstop, with all teams. This isn't college football, so stop trying to make college football level comparisons. They scored 10 against the Bengals the first time, 33 against them the second time. So what conclusion can you pull from that? It's any given week in the NFL with any team.

Are the Steelers a worse team? Absolutely true. Is Marvin Lewis 0-6 in the playoffs, with a 2-12 record at home against the Steelers? Also true. It's hard to be up in arms about being a 2.5 point underdog. If you want home field advantage, you need to stop being a team's ***** in your home field and the points will reflect it. Harsh, but true.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 07:44 AM)Whacked Wrote: We have a backup QB in and are regressing as a a team. This is a fact. No different than the Patriots are in decline.

If AD was playing and we had stayed the course (even losing a couple of games), we would get the odds.

With AJ-Mac, we are DEFINITELY the underdogs.

If the STOOLERS had thier back up playing, they'd loose odds-points as well.

This isn't Vegas driven Bengals hate. It's reality.

FACT: Unless AJ-Mac plays the game of his NFL career, we will lose.

In what way is the entire team regressing?
Reply/Quote
I'll add that Pitt is 11 to 1 to win the Super Bowl while the Bengals are 25 to 1.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Bengals can win, but I'm not going to blame people for thinking a game against the 0-6 Marvin Lewis Bengals is just what the Steelers need to cure their 5-year playoff drought.

A playoff game, in primetime, versus Pitt? No, I don't blame anyone either for thinking that. Hell, I want us to win as bad as anybody in this fanbase, but if I had to bet strait-up, the money goes down on the Steelers. I'll sit in PBS Saturday night hoping against hope I'm wrong.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote