Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/10 pre combine Draft w/FA-Trades
LEAVES IN FREE AGENCY

Cedric Peerman - After a year off with injury he is not resigned due to need to open up roster spots and we have young reliable special team players

Wallace Gilberry - Due to agent and young talent he once again he doesn't get resigned

Chykie Brown - 30 year old backup

Rex Burkhead - We will try to resign, but he will demand to much money and sign elsewhere

Domata Peko - May stay on for cheap rotational option, but most likely isn't resigned due to performance and age

Margus Hunt - 29 years old and hasn't developed quickly enough.  May sign a cheap rotational contract to play behind Dunlap.

Kevin Zeitler -  This one hurts me, but the market places a high value and the Bengals have a lot of RT prospects that they could kick inside that wouldn't be a huge falloff.  Don't be surprised if C. Ogbuehi gets moved to RG next year which may be a better position for him.

RESIGNED

Andre Whitworth (8 mil cap hit) -  Resigns on a similar deal to current contract for 2 years and finishes career with Cincinnati.  He is still a top tackle in the NFL who played more snaps last year than any other year in his career.   I am literally starting to do Yoga because of the success of big Whit.

Eric Winston (1.1 mil cap hit) - Another guy that seems to be getting better with age and is a serviceable #2 RT

Dre Kirkpatrick (11 mil cap hit) - Gets a deal similar to Robert Alford with 4 year and 50% guaranteed.  With Pacman situation and the possibility of losing him we will keep at least 1 veteran cb.

Brandon Thompson (800 k) - Cheap run stuffer

Brandon Lafell (6.5 mil) - 2 year deal on a guy who statistically performed as requested last year.  

CUTS

Rey Maualuga (Save 3.7 mil) - HUGE falloff in snaps and performance leads to a cut

Adam Jones (Save 7.7 mil +1.3 dead cap) - The cap hit is to big for the headaches.  May be an option to trade instead of cut with 2 years at 6 with no guaranteed money left on contract, but i don't know what the market thinks of him at this point.

CAP SPACE

Starting $44,959,345
After Resigning  $17,559,345
After Cuts $27,659,345
Estimated rookie cap hit - 5 mil

Est Free Cap - $22,659,345

FREE AGENTS

Calais Campbell (8.2mil 4 year + performance bonus) - This guy was made to be on the Bengals and can line up at right DE or DT.  They don't cut Michael Johnson because of Dead cap this year, but he moves to a rotational DE.  I am basing my contract numbers off of sportrac market value.

Andre Smith (2.5mil + performance bonus)  -  He will get paid extra to maintain weight and stay healthy.  500k guaranteed.  Lets face it the guy plays good for us when healthy and this is a stop gap to let young guys develop

Steven Hauschka ( 3.2mil 3 year contract ) - Makes a bit less due to problems with point after % last year.  

Cap After Free Agency - $8.7 million

TRADES

AJ McCarron -  I think this year the Bengals will move McCarron because of teams that are rebuilding and a weak QB class.  With RFA adding a year to his contract teams get a good opportunity to allow him to compete for that starting roll and give their team a better chance to win
instead of rushing out a rookie.  Best options for trade - Browns, 49rs, Bills, Cardinals, Texans,  and Bears.

Browns Trade : 2nd round 20th pick , 3rd round pick

Bengals Trade : AJ McCarron, 4th round comp pick and 6th round comp pick

I am basing this off the fact that JG will be traded to 49rs for higher value

DRAFT

Bengals don't trade a lot in the draft so I will keep order as is.  Using Fanspeak Premium as a guide because combine hasn't happened yet.

1st Round - 9th overall - Reuben Foster - ILB - BAMA

Historically the Bengals have used high draft picks on LB's before and I think most people are spot on this year.  If he falls to us we will take him to replace Maualuga.  We play a lot of prevent Defense and his ability to cover, but also his great run blocking will bolster one of the best LB groups in the NFL.  Burfict + Foster will become known as the Bash Brothers.

2nd Round - 41st Overall(9) - Charles Harris - DE- Missouri

This is a great year for pass rushers and we do something a little different by drafting a guy that can play both RDE and also stand up as OLB.  Charles Harris has some of the best moves and speed off the line in the draft.  People will say hes to small, but his measurable are very near Solomon Thomas.  

2nd Round - 52nd Overall(20)BROWNS TRADE - Tre'Davious White - CB - LSU

1st round corner that falls in the 2nd because of a great class.  Plays like a big man with good vertical and great coverage skills.  What really sets himself apart from the pack is his ability to tackle and block which may be among the best in the class.

3rd Round - 65th Overall(1) BROWNS - Ethan Pocic - C - LSU

Back to back LSU picks and this time we get a guy who literally is one of the best centers, but also can play every position on the line.  Talk about value.

3rd Round - 73rd Overall(9) - Joe Mixon - RB - OK

This is the one pick that I don't even necessarily believe in, but I know a few things for sure.  If Joe Mixon wouldn't have punched a white woman on camera years ago he will be in discussion as the number 1 RB in this draft.  As it sits I have him at #2 and I can't let him go past round 3 and
I honestly think he won't make it out of the 2nd in the actual draft.  

4th Round - 114th Overall (9) -  Taywan Taylor - WR - WK

Fast slot receiver who can take the top off with speed.  

4th Round - Pick 39 comp -  Davis Webb -  QB - CAL

Tall and a great arm.  Good Developmental backup.

To be continued...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Agree with most of it but they resign peko and peerman.
Reply/Quote
Please no to Winston. He is bad and isnt getting better. Waste of a roster spot. If we want bad tackle play get a young guy some experience. Giving snaps to a washed up bum or even wasting a roster spot on him is not making us better.

Cant complain about the draft. I would be ecstatic if we took Charles Harris, Pocic, and Mixon 1,2, and 3.

I think Harris will be a combine riser. Very interested to see his true size and what kind of numbers he puts up. I like him so much more than i did Shane Ray who went in the first.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 08:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: LEAVES IN FREE AGENCY

Cedric Peerman - After a year off with injury he is not resigned due to need to open up roster spots and we have young reliable special team players

Wallace Gilberry - Due to agent and young talent he once again he doesn't get resigned

Chykie Brown - 30 year old backup

Rex Burkhead - We will try to resign, but he will demand to much money and sign elsewhere

Domata Peko - May stay on for cheap rotational option, but most likely isn't resigned due to performance and age

Margus Hunt - 29 years old and hasn't developed quickly enough.  May sign a cheap rotational contract to play behind Dunlap.

Kevin Zeitler -  This one hurts me, but the market places a high value and the Bengals have a lot of RT prospects that they could kick inside that wouldn't be a huge falloff.  Don't be surprised if C. Ogbuehi gets moved to RG next year which may be a better position for him.

RESIGNED

Andre Whitworth (8 mil cap hit) -  Resigns on a similar deal to current contract for 2 years and finishes career with Cincinnati.  He is still a top tackle in the NFL who played more snaps last year than any other year in his career.   I am literally starting to do Yoga because of the success of big Whit.

Eric Winston (1.1 mil cap hit) - Another guy that seems to be getting better with age and is a serviceable #2 RT

Dre Kirkpatrick (11 mil cap hit) - Gets a deal similar to Robert Alford with 4 year and 50% guaranteed.  With Pacman situation and the possibility of losing him we will keep at least 1 veteran cb.

Brandon Thompson (800 k) - Cheap run stuffer

Brandon Lafell (6.5 mil) - 2 year deal on a guy who statistically performed as requested last year.  

CUTS

Rey Maualuga (Save 3.7 mil) - HUGE falloff in snaps and performance leads to a cut

Adam Jones (Save 7.7 mil +1.3 dead cap) - The cap hit is to big for the headaches.  May be an option to trade instead of cut with 2 years at 6 with no guaranteed money left on contract, but i don't know what the market thinks of him at this point.

CAP SPACE

Starting $44,959,345
After Resigning  $17,559,345
After Cuts $27,659,345
Estimated rookie cap hit - 5 mil

Est Free Cap - $22,659,345

FREE AGENTS

Calais Campbell (8.2mil 4 year + performance bonus) - This guy was made to be on the Bengals and can line up at right DE or DT.  They don't cut Michael Johnson because of Dead cap this year, but he moves to a rotational DE.  I am basing my contract numbers off of sportrac market value.

Andre Smith (2.5mil + performance bonus)  -  He will get paid extra to maintain weight and stay healthy.  500k guaranteed.  Lets face it the guy plays good for us when healthy and this is a stop gap to let young guys develop

Steven Hauschka ( 3.2mil 3 year contract ) - Makes a bit less due to problems with point after % last year.  

Cap After Free Agency - $8.7 million

TRADES

AJ McCarron -  I think this year the Bengals will move McCarron because of teams that are rebuilding and a weak QB class.  With RFA adding a year to his contract teams get a good opportunity to allow him to compete for that starting roll and give their team a better chance to win
instead of rushing out a rookie.  Best options for trade - Browns, 49rs, Bills, Cardinals, Texans,  and Bears.

Browns Trade : 2nd round 20th pick , 3rd round pick

Bengals Trade : AJ McCarron, 4th round comp pick and 6th round comp pick

I am basing this off the fact that JG will be traded to 49rs for higher value

DRAFT

Bengals don't trade a lot in the draft so I will keep order as is.  Using Fanspeak Premium as a guide because combine hasn't happened yet.

1st Round - 9th overall - Reuben Foster - ILB - BAMA

Historically the Bengals have used high draft picks on LB's before and I think most people are spot on this year.  If he falls to us we will take him to replace Maualuga.  We play a lot of prevent Defense and his ability to cover, but also his great run blocking will bolster one of the best LB groups in the NFL.  Burfict + Foster will become known as the Bash Brothers.

2nd Round - 41st Overall(9) - Charles Harris - DE- Missouri

This is a great year for pass rushers and we do something a little different by drafting a guy that can play both RDE and also stand up as OLB.  Charles Harris has some of the best moves and speed off the line in the draft.  People will say hes to small, but his measurable are very near Solomon Thomas.  

2nd Round - 52nd Overall(20)BROWNS TRADE - Tre'Davious White - CB - LSU

1st round corner that falls in the 2nd because of a great class.  Plays like a big man with good vertical and great coverage skills.  What really sets himself apart from the pack is his ability to tackle and block which may be among the best in the class.

3rd Round - 65th Overall(1) BROWNS - Ethan Pocic - C - LSU

Back to back LSU picks and this time we get a guy who literally is one of the best centers, but also can play every position on the line.  Talk about value.

3rd Round - 73rd Overall(9) - Joe Mixon - RB - OK

This is the one pick that I don't even necessarily believe in, but I know a few things for sure.  If Joe Mixon wouldn't have punched a white woman on camera years ago he will be in discussion as the number 1 RB in this draft.  As it sits I have him at #2 and I can't let him go past round 3 and
I honestly think he won't make it out of the 2nd in the actual draft.  

4th Round - 114th Overall (9) -  Taywan Taylor - WR - WK

Fast slot receiver who can take the top off with speed.  

4th Round - Pick 39 comp -  Davis Webb -  QB - CAL

Tall and a great arm.  Good Developmental backup.

To be continued...

I'd be on board with this. Love that you have us moving on from unproductive or aging vets like Peko, Peerman, and Gilberry, I also like that you have us cutting both Mauluga and Jones as that is what I would do. You're draft would be a very similar approach as to what I would do and grabbing Foster and Harris would be a major boost to our front 7.
Reply/Quote
Nice work.  Well thought out. 

No to Mixon. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like it, but it's horribly unrealistic in regards to the free agents.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 08:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Please no to Winston. He is bad and isnt getting better. Waste of a roster spot. If we want bad tackle play get a young guy some experience. Giving snaps to a washed up bum or even wasting a roster spot on him is not making us better.

Cant complain about the draft. I would be ecstatic if we took Charles Harris, Pocic, and Mixon 1,2, and 3.

I think Harris will be a combine riser. Very interested to see his true size and what kind of numbers he puts up. I like him so much more than i did Shane Ray who went in the first.

OP likely basing this off Winston's recent comments about potentially returning to Bengals - http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/15/14624032/eric-winston-looks-promising-to-be-back-with-bengals

I don't think anyone wants this to happen, it's just likely what will happen.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote