Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-16!
(10-14-2018, 05:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't mean anything towards you, Holic...but I'm sick to death of the Marvin related topics (playoffs, prime-time, Steelers).

What else is there to say? It's not going to change. We keep coming up with new reasons for hope, then Lucie moves the football and we're on our ass again.

Marvin is forever that tease who will let you round 3rd, then shut you down at home plate. If you're happy with 3rd base, she's your chick. If you want more, better find a new girlfriend.  

:giggle:

Yeah, can't argue with any of that brother. Those topics have been beaten to death for sure, and sometimes by me. Even with that being said though, I still find it simply unreal that a coach can be so incredibly bad, for so damn long - at home - against a division opponent. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: My wife has wanted to see A Star is Born. I had zero interest, but decided hey let’s go during the game. I knew how the game was going to end. If I had gone to a movie every time the Steelers came here while Marvin was coach, I would have been disappointed twice. People can say what they like about my dedication as a fan. I no longer want to watch it.

Feel you.  Sold my tickets today.  Made a nice profit, but that wasn't the point.  I just had too many losses over the years.  Same damn story over and over again.  I stopped going to the Steeler game about a decade ago, sold the tickets every year since.  So, yeah, I missed the last minute win in 2009, but I avoided all the losses after that.  

Then, in January 2016, feeing we were so ***** overdue for a playoff win, I deluded myself into be optimistic and went to the game.  Shoulda sold those tickets as well.  

Oh well, only two weeks to the TB game.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, can't argue with any of that brother. Those topics have been beaten to death for sure, and sometimes by me. If with that being said though, I still find it simply unreal that a coach can be so incredibly bad, for so damn long - at home - against a division opponent. 

It's really quite simple. Most keep kicking Marvin!! 

Don't you people realize that he is doing everything HE thinks is right to win?

BUT ... BOTTOM LINE:  Someone keeps him in the endless episodes of Ground Hog Day, year after year!

I know an owner can't be traded or fired, soooooo .. It is what it is.
Reply/Quote
The whole thing was a cluster****. After tying the game to end the half, I thought for sure we had the momentum and would come out fired up in the second half. The team was flat and lifeless. Erickson gets that huge return and we have to punt? We either should've went for it on 4th & 1 or thrown on 3rd down.

As for the D, the line was bad all game. You can complain about the refs or whatever but there's no excuse for the ridiculous lack of pressure they brought today. DreK looked bad. On the one long play to AB he looked like John Ross. He looked like he gave up just jogging behind AB and then tried to kick on the jets after Brown caught the ball (the play where WJ3 hurt himself trying to knock Brown out of bounds). Total lack of hustle. Burfict couldn't finish tackles and got blown off the ball a couple of times. We can't cover TEs for shit. No turnovers.

Then with 2 time outs and time on the clock, why the **** didn't we attempt to run the ball until the scoring play. Yes we needed the score, but everyone knew we couldn't trust the D today. They were getting no pressure and forcing no mistakes. We could've used more clock and still got a TD.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, can't argue with any of that brother. Those topics have been beaten to death for sure, and sometimes by me. If with that being said though, I still find it simply unreal that a coach can be so incredibly bad, for so damn long - at home - against a division opponent. 

Same here. I'm just bordering on apathy at this point. All this talent over the last 15 years seems wasted.

Plenty of regular season wins, but just can't get over the same humps, over and over again. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This team will need 10 wins by the time our last game rolls around because we finish with the Steelers on the road. If it’s a play in game we have about as close to 0% chance as ya can get.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:36 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: CANNOT beat the stoolers and never have,they so suck,this so called bungles team is going no where. the stoolers will win the division and go to the superbowl.mark this down they are so damn good, I wish we had a real coach and a damn leader,fire marvin,someone please,i have to live with this shit all year,makes me sick,i so hate the stoolers, I have my whole life,they so suck,i so hate their ass.they are going to kill the bungles at their place,if you cannot beat their ass at your house ,you damn well SUCK SUCK SUCK.I HATE LOSING TO THEIR ASS,I SO HATE IT.

This post is hilarious. May i use it as my signature?

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:07 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: This post is hilarious. May i use it as my signature?

The last time I stopped by Steelers forums, 'Bungles' was the name they used fondly!

I imagine it's probably all over their forums this afternoon!
Reply/Quote
FWIW, I thought today was the calmest, coolest and most composed I've ever seen Andy against the Steelers. The drive before the half and at the end of the game were things of beauty. He's looked tremendously confident this season and it really showed today.

Really liking what I'm seeing from Uzomah as well. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't mean anything towards you, Holic...but I'm sick to death of the Marvin related topics (playoffs, prime-time, Steelers).

What else is there to say? It's not going to change. We keep coming up with new reasons for hope, then Lucie moves the football and we're on our ass again.

Marvin is forever that tease who will let you round 3rd, then shut you down at home plate. If you're happy with 3rd base, she's your chick. If you want more, better find a new girlfriend.  

Lets be honest... Marvin is 2nd base at best. It gets you by, but you're sure not enthused about it.

There's no way that 15 years with 7 winning seasons and 0 playoff wins is 3rd base.

(If you think that's 3rd base, then I am sorry for you Shake, you need a new girlfriend. Ninja Ninja Ninja )

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The last time I stopped by Steelers forums, 'Bungles' was the name they used fondly!

I imagine it's probably all over their forums this afternoon!

That wasn't the funny part, i just like how unhinged it all is. Like is Forty alright? Should someone check up on him Mellow

Reply/Quote
It's like, as long as we beat the Browns, that's what matters to Mike.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't mean anything towards you, Holic...but I'm sick to death of the Marvin related topics (playoffs, prime-time, Steelers).

I said this all week after a bunch of Marvin post defending him came up and got flamed to the ground for it.

So many fair weather fans that over react to both the good and the bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't mean anything towards you, Holic...but I'm sick to death of the Marvin related topics (playoffs, prime-time, Steelers).

No playoffs wins in his 3.7 centuries as HC is not the equivalent of rounding third with a girl. It’s the friend zone.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:29 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: That wasn't the funny part, i just like how unhinged it all is. Like is Forty alright? Should someone check up on him Mellow

A jumper on the Cincinnati Bridge?
Reply/Quote
Well that sucks! Mellow
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: And the sad part is we had the ability to get another first down before 1st and goal. So I wanted them to run it a few times. I do think Mixon kind of got caught up in the moment. If I were him I would have done my best to get the first down but not the touchdown quite yet. He had too much faith in the defense. But 1:18 and 3 TOs to go ~40 yards and get a field goal is just way too easy against a defense with no pass rush and a bunch of injured starters, especially when it's against Roethlisberger.

A veteran, I think knees it at the one (if possible) and takes another minute off the clock.

Here's the thing. Had Joe not scored and stopped on the 1 for a first down there is absolutely no guarantee they could have pushed it in after that. At some point you have to trust your D is going to make a stop. Unfortunately they didn't and the last play was a miserable call to have everyone on the line with nobody in coverage. AUSTIN needs to answer for that. HORRIBLE call . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same here. I'm just bordering on apathy at this point. All this talent over the last 15 years seems wasted.

Plenty of regular season wins, but just can't get over the same humps, over and over again. 

The two constants in those 15 years are Mike and Marvin. Since Mike won’t retire, we’re left with hoping for a head coaching upgrade. In any other organization Marvin would’ve been canned 10 years ago. He Should’ve been canned for his Steelers record alone. Marvin is the master of taking 11-5 talent and turning into 9-7 or 8-8.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:33 PM)thillan Wrote: Same.

I’m also tired of Dre Kirkpatrick.

We all are
Reply/Quote