Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-16!
(10-14-2018, 10:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: Here's the thing. Had Joe not scored and stopped on the 1 for a first down there is absolutely no guarantee they could have pushed it in after that. At some point you have to trust your D is going to make a stop. Unfortunately they didn't and the last play was a miserable call to have everyone on the line with nobody in coverage. AUSTIN needs to answer for that. HORRIBLE call . 

Not to mention the terrible decision to blitz just prior to that .....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:39 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Did Geno Atkins play today ? He was nowhere to be found along with the rest of the D-Line. Way too much talent for a no show from the D-line.  How bad is Josh Malone that he can’t play over Cody Core ? Thought Erickson and Uzmoanh played well.

Cody Core stinks. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lets be honest... Marvin is 2nd base at best. It gets you by, but you're sure not enthused about it.

There's no way that 15 years with 7 winning seasons and 0 playoff wins is 3rd base.

(If you think that's 3rd base, then I am sorry for you Shake, you need a new girlfriend. Ninja Ninja Ninja )

What sucks is that Miami, with Brock freaking Osweiler at QB, put up 31 on the Bears D today. How in the hell can we not score more than 21 points against this awful Pitt D? This team's core has been together since 2011 but they still make the same maddening mistakes over and over.  The only thing more Bengal than losing to Pitt at home once again would be to finally fire Marvin , then hire Jeff Fisher as our coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:44 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: What sucks is that Miami, with Brock freaking Osweiler at QB, put up 31 on the Bears D today. How in the hell can we not score more than 21 points against this awful Pitt D? This team's core has been together since 2011 but they still make the same maddening mistakes over and over.  The only thing more Bengal than losing to Pitt at home once again would be to finally fire Marvin , then hire Jeff Fisher as our coach.

To be fair, Shitsburgh only scored 28 on our awful D..... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: To be fair, Shitsburgh only scored 28 on our awful D..... Mellow

That is true, but they always do. Even when we had a top ten D they did what it takes to score. We do not ever come up with a creative game plan for the Steelers. If you watch a Marvin-Coached Pit/Cin game in any year, they all look the same its just sometimes we lose by 20 and sometimes we lose by a single score. Nothing ever changes. Hell, I would love just one time to freaking throw the ball deep 30 times in a row, just to do something different.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:59 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: That is true, but they always do. Even when we had a top ten D they did what it takes to score. We do not ever come up with a creative game plan for the Steelers. If you watch a Marvin-Coached Pit/Cin game in any year, they all look the same its just sometimes we lose by 20 and sometimes we lose by a single score. Nothing ever changes. Hell, I would love just one time to freaking throw the ball deep 30 times in a row, just to do something different.

Agree 100%....I was just making fun of our defense. This shit gets old in our own house. I felt like they'd win today, and they almost did. Zero pressures is pretty embarrassing.  

That said, at least this bunch doesn't fold up and quit when the chips are down.... that's ONE thing different from a typical Merv team...lol 

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 02:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: Agree 100%....I was just making fun of our defense. This shit gets old in our own house. I felt like they'd win today, and they almost did. Zero pressures is pretty embarrassing.  

That said, at least this bunch doesn't fold up and quit when the chips are down.... that's ONE thing different from a typical Merv team...lol 

You are exactly right about the fight. This team does not quit. All these idiots who rank QBs and dont put Andy Dalton in the top 12 should lose their jobs. He has to fight drops, stupid coaching, bad line play and still looks good somehow. Add in the fact that he doesnt have one thing about him that athletically sets him apart besides getting the ball out early and I dont even see how he does it.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 02:22 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: You are exactly right about the fight. This team does not quit. All these idiots who rank QBs and dont put Andy Dalton in the top 12 should lose their jobs. He has to fight drops, stupid coaching, bad line play and still looks good somehow. Add in the fact that he doesnt have one thing about him that athletically sets him apart besides getting the ball out early and I dont even see how he does it.

He's just excellent in the pre snap reads.....and lots of work on the practice field and in the film room.  That's how you make up for lack of physical intangibles.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't want to be too negative here, because the team is still 4-2 and still gets another shot at the Steelers in the final game...but the fact that Marvin-led teams have now lost 16 of 18 at HOME versus Pittsburgh is beyond mind-boggling. 

I still feel good about this team overall and still think they'll be there in the mix at year's end as far as playoff contention is concerned, but I'm just sick and tired of seeing the Bengals get embarrassed in their own house by the damn Steelers. 

Then hope the Steelers win another SB and Ben retires.  He is the reason.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well, yesterday's loss was especially tough because i started to cry right after Andy scored the TD and put the Bengals up by only 1 with 1:15 or so left to play. I just KNEW that would be enough time for a Roethlisberger drive and I was right.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:40 PM)McC Wrote: Then hope the Steelers win another SB and Ben retires.  He is the reason.

Either keep being Ben’s bitches, or root for him to win another SB and ride off into the sunset? That’s a real Sophie’s Choice right there...

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Either keep being Ben’s bitches, or root for him to win another SB and ride off into the sunset? That’s a real Sophie’s Choice right there...

Reality is not always pretty.  It is what it is.  We cannot beat the guy.   Some  things confound logic but just are.  

Funny how all the realists around here can't seem to wrap their minds around this simple, obvious fact.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:44 AM)bengalhoel Wrote:  How in the hell can we not score more than 21 points against this awful Pitt D?

Easy.  Just drop a lot of passes.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Easy.  Just drop a lot of passes.

Got away from what was working too. I don’t understand why Mixon didn’t get more carries.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 10:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: Here's the thing. Had Joe not scored and stopped on the 1 for a first down there is absolutely no guarantee they could have pushed it in after that. At some point you have to trust your D is going to make a stop. Unfortunately they didn't and the last play was a miserable call to have everyone on the line with nobody in coverage. AUSTIN needs to answer for that. HORRIBLE call . 

Exactly! It's easier for the D actually, they only have to defend 11 yards....  Agree about Austin
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: He's just excellent in the pre snap reads.....and lots of work on the practice field and in the film room.  That's how you make up for lack of physical intangibles.

Yep, as soon as Fej lined up and started to come in, he made an adjustment. I was yelling at the TV, "Fej, drop back!" I think everyone but Austin and the D knew where the ball was going...
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 10:46 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The two constants in those 15 years are Mike and Marvin.  Since Mike won’t retire, we’re left with hoping for a head coaching upgrade.  In any other organization Marvin would’ve been canned 10 years ago.  He Should’ve been canned for his Steelers record alone.  Marvin is the master of taking 11-5 talent and turning into 9-7 or 8-8.

- Regular season record is solid but not thrilling.
- Can't beat the Steelers
- Abysmal prime-time record
- Historically bad playoff record
- Has never won 13+ games or secured a playoff BYE

It is what it is, and we're stuck with him for as long as Mike's legendary patience/stubbornness lasts.

(10-15-2018, 09:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: He's just excellent in the pre snap reads.....and lots of work on the practice field and in the film room.  That's how you make up for lack of physical intangibles.

People get too hung up on arm and speed. This isn't madden.

Montana, Brees, Peyton and Brady weren't exactly blazing fast with cannon arms, and those might be the top 4 QB's to ever lace 'em up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - Regular season record is solid but not thrilling.
- Can't beat the Steelers
- Abysmal prime-time record
- Historically bad playoff record
- Has never won 13+ games or secured a playoff BYE

It is what it is, and we're stuck with him for as long as Mike's legendary patience/stubbornness lasts.

People get too hung up on arm and speed. This isn't madden.

Montana, Brees, Peyton and Brady weren't exactly blazing fast with cannon arms, and those might be the top 4 QB's to ever lace 'em up.

Agree with all you're saying.  Now that Dalton almost led us to a come from behind win against them, has done it Shitsburgh, and Palmer did as well.......can we finally quit blaming QBs?

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree with all you're saying.  Now that Dalton almost led us to a come from behind win against them, has done it Shitsburgh, and Palmer did as well.......can we finally quit blaming QBs?

Amen to that. Dalton has improved his prime-time play, but we're still 4-7-1 in the games since the 2.0 game.

We've seen Dalton play well multiple times against Pitt and we still lose. It's just something about schemes and how this team is structured under Marvin Lewis. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The fact it was even close considering the dropped passes and interceptions,0 pass rush,no calls is amazing.
Reply/Quote