Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-2 after next week
Looking like we will 2-2 after next week and with the way this defense is playing I wonder if they’ll even beat the Dolphins. Different year, same story
Reply/Quote
So what we lost a game boo hoo. Get over it. Did you think we were going 16-0? We lost a game to a good team with an MVP winning qb while we were missing key members of our offense and defense. Yeah we have the same game coming next week, a good no conference team with an MVP winning qb. Life’s tough grow up and deal.

Sorry if I’m being harsh but we lose a game and everyone acts like the seasons over.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:15 PM)motoarch Wrote: So what we lost a game boo hoo.  Get over it.  Did you think we were going 16-0?  We lost a game to a good team with an MVP winning qb while we were missing key members of our offense and defense.  Yeah we have the same game coming next week, a good no conference team with an MVP winning qb.  Life’s tough grow up and deal.  

Sorry if I’m being harsh but we lose a game and everyone acts like the seasons over.

Exactly! Pretty much everyone knew we'd likely split the next two games, and we were close in this one right up to the end missing AJ, Price, Brown, etc..... 
Reply/Quote
Check the injury report, go to Atlanta expecting a tough game, then get 55 back and go from there. Might have 18, 28, 55 all back for the Miami game. 2-2 at the end of September is ok considering the schedule. Still looks like a 10-6 team to me if they stay healthy
Reply/Quote
I absolutely love football I cannot wait until next week. WVU vs Texas Tech Saturday and Bengals vs Falcons Sunday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:10 PM)Trademark Wrote: Looking like we will 2-2 after next week and with the way this defense is playing I wonder if they’ll even beat the Dolphins. Different year, same story

Cool, thank you for your valuable input. The Bengals will definitely adopt your mindset for next week.

Have you ever played sports? Did you always quit so easily?

PS: The Super Bowl contending Vikings lost to the Buffalo Bills 27-6 today.

PPS: At Minnesota.
Reply/Quote
The run D was pretty concerning - today we saw how they play run D in the playoffs. Poor containment on Newton, huge gaping holes up the middle...It's a recurring theme for whatever reason.
Reply/Quote
I’m not panicking but I must say I’m disappointed with the overall defense this year. They had big turnovers in the first two games but still didn’t play great. Carolina had an offensive line full of backups and are D-line didn’t do much. Idk why Kirkpatrick is playing 7 yards off receivers when they need 5 yards for a first down, MCcaffrey killed us today couldn’t figure out how to scheme to stop him when he’s one of there only weapons.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:28 PM)thillan Wrote: Cool, thank you for your valuable input. The Bengals will definitely adopt your mindset for next week.

Have you ever played sports? Did you always quit so easily?

PS: The Super Bowl contending Vikings lost to the Buffalo Bills 27-6 today.

PPS: At Minnesota.

I’d say this is clear evidence the bills are going to the super bowl this year and the Vikings are trash and you’re dumb.

Obviously Im joking
Reply/Quote
Falcons will be coming off an emotional shootout in their division. Typical let down game. I am worried about the defense though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Falcons will be coming off an emotional shootout in their division. Typical let down game. I am worried about the defense though.

Fyi.  let down games come after big wins.  lol
Reply/Quote
Even though I'm 59 with two bad hips and I can't run further than from the front door to the front steps I'm going to offer my services to every team we play against this year as their star running back just so we get the #1 overall pick in next year's draft..  It's just gotta be a lead pipe cinch and with my new found fortune I'll buy season tickets for everyone on this board IF those teams all sign me for those games.. 

Yeah! That's the ticket ! Knowing my luck the Bengals brain trust will trade down the #1 pick for yet another #24 bust.. or two great offensive tackles who are almost as good as Ogbuihi and Fisher.. but not quite..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Other than Ross I’m not concerned with this offense. If we step our run defense we could beat Atlanta i wouldn’t write it off yet but we’ll need AJ back
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Geno has to play better than 0 pressures, 0 solo tackles(5 assisted). Until he was hurt Billings was ineffective also.
Reply/Quote
This is just a reality check folks, we are improving, but are not a dominant team just yet. Road game, against a good team, with key injuries is not a recipe for success. Sprinkle in 4 turnovers and the task becomes almost impossible. Andy can and will do better, but he's not a constant 100+ QBR guy, and he will have a stinker from time to time. I just hope AJ is ok! Despite today's disappointment, what I've been most impressed with over the first three weeks with this team is their desire to keep fighting right till the end. It worked out the first two weeks, as those games were closer then the final score would indicate. Not so much today. Take it as a lesson, plenty to work on going forward. I do know this: this team is much more enjoyable to watch now then then they have been for the last two seasons!
Reply/Quote
And I would've took 2-2 before the season started and still will right now. Considering 3 of first 4 on the road and Baltimore at home...it not a terrible start. Still on track for 10-6 or better and competing for a playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:07 PM)upstateBengal Wrote: This is just a reality check folks, we are improving, but are not a dominant team just yet. Road game, against a good team, with key injuries is not a recipe for success. Sprinkle in 4 turnovers and the task becomes almost impossible. Andy can and will do better, but he's not a constant 100+ QBR guy, and he will have a stinker from time to time. I just hope AJ is ok! Despite today's disappointment, what I've been most impressed with over the first three weeks with this team is their desire to keep fighting right till the end. It worked out the first two weeks, as those games were closer then the final score would indicate. Not so much today. Take it as a lesson, plenty to work on going forward. I do know this: this team is much more enjoyable to watch now then then they have been for the last two seasons!

I hate to break it to you but Andy did not have a "stinker" today. 2 of the picks were completely on John Ross and another should have been DPI. Our REAL issues today were that BOTH lines got blown up. Trey Hopkins was abused all day, Redmond looked lost out there and even Cordy Glenn got beat once. Add in the loss of AJ Green which forced more kids into the lineup and the nonexistent run game and in a way it was surprising we scored 23 against a top defense. 

The truly embarrassing performances were on defense. Atkins and Billings played awful and disgraced their uniforms getting punked by reserve linemen. Vigil was okay but all the other linebackers were embarrassing and Dre Kirkpatrick singlehandedly caused a TD with terrible coverages. Actually 14 Carolina points came off of scheme breakdowns so bad even most high school teams don't experience them. 
Reply/Quote
It's a little early to give up on the next game isn't it? Definitely plenty of room to improve after today. It's a long season.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:23 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It's a little early to give up on the next game isn't it? Definitely plenty of room to improve after today. It's a long season.

Yep.  Figured we need a split in these two road games and to handle Miami to be in first place.  Now, if they lose next week and the following week against the fish, then we've got problems.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: I hate to break it to you but Andy did not have a "stinker" today. 2 of the picks were completely on John Ross and another should have been DPI. Our REAL issues today were that BOTH lines got blown up. Trey Hopkins was abused all day, Redmond looked lost out there and even Cordy Glenn got beat once. Add in the loss of AJ Green which forced more kids into the lineup and the nonexistent run game and in a way it was surprising we scored 23 against a top defense. 

The truly embarrassing performances were on defense. Atkins and Billings played awful and disgraced their uniforms getting punked by reserve linemen. Vigil was okay but all the other linebackers were embarrassing and Dre Kirkpatrick singlehandedly caused a TD with terrible coverages. Actually 14 Carolina points came off of scheme breakdowns so bad even most high school teams don't experience them. 

Well, I was not able to watch today, only following the gamecast at work, so that does put things in proper context. So I can feel better about Dalton (I did see that he threw for 350+), but worse regarding the defense. Obviously we all thought the front 4 would make more of an impact, and that failure exposed other weakness in  our D. As for the OL, it's almost like Mixon makes them better, as opposed to the other way around, and everything else suffers when he is gone. 
Reply/Quote