Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 -2 will get us in
As long as those 2 are the Ravens and Browns
Reply/Quote
Which would be finishing the year 2-4. Blah. Bad trend, even with beating rivals.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:18 AM)Destro Wrote: Which would be finishing the year 2-4. Blah. Bad trend, even with beating rivals.

So it matters how you finish? Remember when we won meaning less games late in season, get to playoffs every one is 0-0
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:20 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So it matters how you finish? Remember when we won meaning less games late in season, get to playoffs every one is 0-0

I’d say going in 4-2 in your last six games is better, but you do you, boo boo.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Yep. If we get into wild card scenarios the Colts become a problem with their remaining schedule.
Reply/Quote
I don't see it: If Balt goes 2-2 they beat us, regardless if we beat them or not.

If we win next week, then we have a great chance
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't see it: If Balt goes 2-2 they beat us, regardless if we beat them or not.

Ravens have Rams and Packers Browns have Chiefs Steelers would have to go 3-1 with Titans and Chiefs remaining. 5 seed more than likely gives us Chargers at home again. 
Reply/Quote
Remember when we lost out and were able to get Burrow at #1? losing out now would likely get us a new HC. Time for a new HC.
Reply/Quote
Too bad the best outcome with the way this team is playing will be 1-3.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:18 AM)Destro Wrote: Which would be finishing the year 2-4. Blah. Bad trend, even with beating rivals.

I just want a shot at the playoffs. Idc how...
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:14 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Too bad the best outcome with the way this team is playing will be 1-3.

I mean the offense just needs to be more consistent and we will be fine.. It's time to forget the 49er game.. **** em...
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't see it: If Balt goes 2-2 they beat us, regardless if we beat them or not.

After reading the thread I started to mess around with the playoff machine thing on ESPN's website.

Week 15 Picked Denver over Cincy, Cleveland over Las Vegas and Packers over Ravens

Week 16 Picked Cincy over Baltimore and Green Bay to beat Cleveland in Lambeau

Week 17 KC over Cincy, Cleveland over Pitt and Rams over Ravens

Week 18 Cincy over Cleveland and Baltimore over Pitt

Final Standings would place all 3 teams at 9-8 and Cincinnati would be the division winner.

So, 2 - 2 does get them in with some help from other teams that should be able to get it down in the Rams and Packers. Of course, better solution would be to just win the last 4 and not worry.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 03:51 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: After reading the thread I started to mess around with the playoff machine thing on ESPN's website.

Week 15 Picked Denver over Cincy, Cleveland over Las Vegas and Packers over Ravens

Week 16 Picked Cincy over Baltimore and Green Bay to beat Cleveland in Lambeau

Week 17 KC over Cincy, Cleveland over Pitt and Rams over Ravens

Week 18 Cincy over Cleveland and Baltimore over Pitt

Final Standings would place all 3 teams at 9-8 and Cincinnati would be the division winner.

So, 2 - 2 does get them in with some help from other teams that should be able to get it down in the Rams and Packers. Of course, better solution would be to just win the last 4 and not worry.
Reply/Quote
I believe 3-1 gets them a wildcard and 2-2 gets them in so long as those wins are the Ravens and Browns
Reply/Quote
I predict we win the division and host the WC Chargers and all the Justin Herbert and Dan Fouts whining around here gets cranked up to 11.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:10 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: As long as those 2 are the Ravens and Browns

unlikely at this point...
Reply/Quote
If Steelers lose to Titans and Browns lose to Raiders we more than likely get in with a win over Broncos and Ravens as well. So we could theoretically have our spot clinched before Chiefs game if we win next 2
Reply/Quote
It'll be a tight finish in the AFC. 13 of the 16 teams are currently in the playoff race.

Luckily for the Bengals, only 3 of their losses are in conference so they will have tiebreakers over most other teams vying for the last 2 playoff spots (Cleveland, Denver, Baltimore, Miami and Buffalo have 5 conference losses each). I list Denver there but, obviously, if they beat us, they'd hold a higher tiebreaker against us than conference record, but it's still worth noting. The Colts, Chargers and Titans only have 3 losses as well, so we're going to need them to take a few losses to really feel comfortable with getting into the playoffs at 9-8, but it does feel plausible that we can make it in as long as we get our division games right.

The way I see it, we need Cleveland to lose to GB and we need Denver to basically lose out after beating us.
Reply/Quote
We hold all tie breakers if their is a 3 way tie browns head to head only applies against us alone. but a loss against Browns puts us behind all wild card teams due to them being higher in the pecking order of division standings
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 09:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I predict we win the division and host the WC Chargers and all the Justin Herbert and Dan Fouts whining around here gets cranked up to 11.

That's a solid prediction, but might I suggest the outcome is only focusing on Herbert?  Cool
Reply/Quote