Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 -2 will get us in
(12-14-2021, 09:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I predict we win the division and host the WC Chargers and all the Justin Herbert and Dan Fouts whining around here gets cranked up to 11.

It would be funny if that happened, the opponent was indeed the Chargers, and the game became Freezer Bowl 2.0. The first game, the Chargers basically won on a couple of Herbert long TD throws, so if they clean that up for a rematch it should be good.

What gives me hope is that after the last two horrible losses to the Jets and the Browns the Bengals were able to get it together and have possibly their two best games of the year. This time there isn't a bye though. The first two series of the Broncos' game on Sunday should tell all. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:42 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's a solid prediction, but might I suggest the outcome is only focusing on Herbert?  Cool

This place never shuts up about two things....

Dan Fouts and Fan Doubts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This place never shuts up about two things....

Dan Fouts and Fan Doubts.

[Image: thats-gold-jerry-gold.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:42 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's a solid prediction, but might I suggest the outcome is only focusing on Herbert?  Cool

Herbert is so talented , they are going to start trying him as a rush end..at 6-6 and 235 Lbs he will be a force

Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
Forget 2-2. EVERY game is a "must win" from here on out, and they'll still probably need help to get in.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:10 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Forget 2-2.  EVERY game is a "must win" from here on out, and they'll still probably need help to get in.

If they go 3-1 they are in. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:29 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Remember when we lost out and were able to get Burrow at #1? losing out now would likely get us a new HC. Time for a new HC.

Attaboy.... running for the Division Championship and you want them to lose out. What a fan!!! Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Attaboy.... running for the Division Championship and you want them to lose out. What a fan!!! Who Dey

Completely agree
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:21 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If Steelers lose to Titans and Browns lose to Raiders we more than likely get in with a win over Broncos and Ravens as well. So we could theoretically have our spot clinched before Chiefs game if we win next 2

Browns just had an outbreak of covid making a raider win more possible
Reply/Quote
Well this weekend we have a big opportunity - Rats playing the Pack who by winning can become the #1 seed in the NFC. Raiders are fighting for their playoff life and playing the Stains. We are playing Denver. There is a real chance of a Bengals Win / Rats and Stains lose scenario which would do wonders for our postseason chances.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well this weekend we have a big opportunity - Rats playing the Pack who by winning can become the #1 seed in the NFC. Raiders are fighting for their playoff life and playing the Stains. We are playing Denver. There is a real chance of a Bengals Win / Rats and Stains lose scenario which would do wonders for our postseason chances.

This Division is so tight right now no one can say we are going to the playoffs, and absolutely no one can say we aren't. Any week can turn the entire division upside down.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well this weekend we have a big opportunity - Rats playing the Pack who by winning can become the #1 seed in the NFC. Raiders are fighting for their playoff life and playing the Stains. We are playing Denver. There is a real chance of a Bengals Win / Rats and Stains lose scenario which would do wonders for our postseason chances.

while we are at it Titans over Steelers
Reply/Quote

Agree and said it two weeks ago in the thread where everybody seemed to become steeler fans that these particular two weeks is where Bengals catch or pass the Ravens and that the Browns were our real concern. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Think about this week 18 division title Sunday night football against Browns all the pressure will be on them to win they playing at home already blew us out earlier in the year. They had such lofty expectations going into this season and ending it by losing to us.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Attaboy.... running for the Division Championship and you want them to lose out. What a fan!!! Who Dey

Gotta focus on the future.. that's the bengal way.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:10 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: As long as those 2 are the Ravens and Browns

If ZT can design a better check down that can uncover quickly on third and 5, I think the Bengals will go 3-1 with wins against Denver, Baltimore, and KC.  Yes, I said KC.  I think they will win their next two and not have as much to play for and even though they won't be resting starters, I think the Bengals take them at home.

The Bengals could then rest their starters against the Browns and still win the AFC North.  They aren't getting the #1 seed so resting would make sense as there is only one bye.  A rested Bengals squad with a home playoff game?  Yes, please.  

It all starts this week at Denver.  Haven't lost three in a row all year.  Time to start the first three game WIN streak.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't see it: If Balt goes 2-2 they beat us, regardless if we beat them or not.

If we win next week, then we have a great chance

Correct, they'd have to go 1-3.

BAL has Packers, Bengals, Rams, Steelers
No way they are favored to win against Packers and Rams.
They either have to lose to the Steelers or Bengals.

I ran the simulation on http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
If all of Bengals, Ravens, and Browns are 9-8, the Bengals get in if they beat:
Broncos and Browns
Ravens and Browns

The Ravens already have a loss to each division team, so they can't win a head-to-head tiebreaker that way.
So any team with a better divisional record than them will win the divisional tiebreaker.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote