Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 & #3 WR
LaFell is going to surpass Jones' 2015 stats. Boyd is going to surpass Sanu's 2015stats. Boyd is also having a better rookie season than either Jones or Sanu.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:06 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Boyd has been about as productive as sanu was last year and sanu this year.

The only rookie WR clearly outplaying Boyd so far this year, on a week in week out basis Is will fuller. 

Coleman has been hurt
Tread well hasn't done anything
Doctson is in IR
Sterling Shepard has been Boyd for NYG
Tajae sharpe has fallen off since blistering through the preseason

I'm sure there are other rookie WRs contributing to their respective teams but nothing crazy yet, unless I missed it.

Michael Thomas has outplayed all the rookie WR's by a significant margin. Pairing him with AJ instead of Boyd would have been very nice. Boyd may turn into a decent number 2, but he's not Thomas.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 08:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was a fan of the moves when they happened. I liked MLJ, but 9 million per for a #2 WR? No thanks. We got LaFell on a discount due to his age and the fact that he was coming off a down year due to injury. He'll be more expensive this coming March if we want him back. Sanu's deal with ATL was laughably bad. Boyd has been an upgrade at a fraction of the price.

This nails it.  And as much as Reggie Nelson is  (apparently) a key cog in the defense, I was glad when he didn't sign for that dollar amount.  The Bengals have contracts coming up at other key spots where they will need the cap space.  

I was really hopefull that Williams could pick up where Reggie left off, but that has been a huge miscalculation.  That being said, it isn't just Williams that is sucking on defense.  It is at all three levels.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 02:54 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Marvin Jones dropped to detriots #2 position. He had a great start to the season. I think his numbers will be down the rest of the way. Sanu has had a couple of good games but so far has been mostly invisible in Atlanta's high powered passing game.

I think we did a great job in free agency, and I still think that LaFell is just as good as Marvin Jones when he was here. I think Boyd will be a lot better than Sanu was too. I really think that our offense will be explosive the rest of the year. We have looked really good on offense the last few weeks (NE, CLE, WAS), and I don't see us slowing down especially with Eifert back.

I completely agree about the offense, unless, in typical Bengal fashion, the defense rises from the ashes and then the offense starts to suck.  
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 03:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We could always use CORE for that....   wondering why we haven't.  doesn't have to get the ball thrown to him everytime but once and a while and the safety will follow.

Agree 100% and I thought Core played well on ST in the preseason.  I want to see this kid get some snaps.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2016, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Like Hernandez?  Kind of sloppy, if you ask me

Yeah -- but he had that killer instinct.....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2016, 12:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: LaFell is going to surpass Jones' 2015 stats. Boyd is going to surpass Sanu's 2015stats. Boyd is also having a better rookie season than either Jones or Sanu.

Not that surprised tbh. I knew LaFell was a good WR. I thought that he would do about the same as Jones; but if he continues then he will have twice as many TDs and only 60 less yards as Jones in 2015. I think that LaFell will have a better second half of the season too, because I think he and Dalton have found their rhythm. I never really liked Sanu tbh. I thought he was a mediocre #3 WR. I would have been disappointed in Boyd if he didn't do better than Sanu.
Reply/Quote