Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 4th quarter drives late. Score a TD and win...
They couldn't get it done. Simple as that.

The Chiefs got easy yards with short passes. We didn't.
Reply/Quote
Yep 9 freaking pressures and 3 sacks on Adeniji and 7 pressures by Scharpling and the huge punt return in the last minute and PF by Ossai are the story.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The Chiefs had so many injuries too.
Reply/Quote
The big play in one of those series was the call of intentional grounding on Burrow when he threw it at Perine's feet. If you remember correctly, both Burrow and Zac Taylor went ballistic. That was a huge, huge call that should never had happened. When the Chiefs got the ball, Mahomes threw the ball in the middle of nowhere, and no such intentional grounding was called.

In the other series, the Bengals started with poor field position and loss of a time out after the chiefs were gifted a redo on a play that had ended and the punting teams was already on the field. Then with the penalty on the Bengals, the Chiefs gained a first down and field position before they had to punt, and the Bengals had to use a time out.

you can blame the game on the Bengals all you want -- you seem to take some delight in blaming the players and coaches, while praising the Chiefs -- but the reality is the officiating was a huge part of the game. I've never seen the Bengals coaches so animated and angry as they were when the officials let go an obvious push on the back on the punt or Burrow so animated when the referees ignored a very, very late hit on him, which knocked him to the ground, or Zac so animated on the intentional grounding call on Burrow or the redo or the holding by the Chiefs on the last play. Those were HUGE calls that went against the Bengals.

Go ahead and stick a knife in the Bengals players and coaches, and give the officials a free pass, but they were a huge part of the game. I've never seen so many TV commentators and analysts so critical of the one-sided officiating in that game. The Chiefs got 4 penalties all game and the Bengals, one of the least penalized teams in the league, got 9 penalties?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/controversial-calls-ending-bengals-chiefs/brdnl2nkju2jj4qg2uv6gen8
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:34 AM)Nepa Wrote: The big play in one of those series was the call of intentional grounding on Burrow when he threw it at Perine's feet. If you remember correctly, both Burrow and Zac Taylor went ballistic. That was a huge, huge call that should never had happened. When the Chiefs got the ball, Mahomes threw the ball in the middle of nowhere, and no such intentional grounding was called.

In the other series, the Bengals started with poor field position and loss of a time out after the chiefs were gifted a redo on a play that had ended and the punting teams was already on the field. Then with the penalty on the Bengals, the Chiefs gained a first down and field position before they had to punt, and the Bengals had to use a time out.

you can blame the game on the Bengals all you want -- you seem to take some delight in blaming the players and coaches, while praising the Chiefs -- but the reality is the officiating was a huge part of the game. I've never seen the Bengals coaches so animated and angry as they were when the officials let go an obvious push on the back on the punt or Burrow so animated when the referees ignored a very, very  late hit on him, which knocked him to the ground, or Zac so animated on the intentional grounding call on Burrow or the redo or the holding by the Chiefs on the last play. Those were HUGE calls that went against the Bengals.

Go ahead and stick a knife in the Bengals players and coaches, and give the officials a free pass, but they were a huge part of the game. I've never seen so many TV commentators and analysts so critical of the one-sided officiating in that game. The Chiefs got 4 penalties all game and the Bengals, one of the least penalized teams in the league, got 9 penalties?

Didn't we get a 1st down after that intentional grounding?

How many did Joe just throw into the ground? Why can't we run a screen?
Reply/Quote
The ball landed behind the LOS and Perine was like 7 yards away. It was grounding.

Pass protection was poor all game long and the team refused to run the ball. I don't understand it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I think the do over was so bizarre that it made what happened after seem worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:34 AM)Nepa Wrote: The big play in one of those series was the call of intentional grounding on Burrow when he threw it at Perine's feet. If you remember correctly, both Burrow and Zac Taylor went ballistic. That was a huge, huge call that should never had happened. When the Chiefs got the ball, Mahomes threw the ball in the middle of nowhere, and no such intentional grounding was called.

you can blame the game on the Bengals all you want -- you seem to take some delight in blaming the players and coaches, while praising the Chiefs -- but the reality is the officiating was a huge part of the game. I've never seen the Bengals coaches so animated and angry as they were when the officials let go an obvious push on the back on the punt or Burrow so animated when the referees ignored a very, very  late hit on him, which knocked him to the ground, or Zac so animated on the intentional grounding call on Burrow or the redo or the holding by the Chiefs on the last play. Those were HUGE calls that went against the Bengals.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/controversial-calls-ending-bengals-chiefs/brdnl2nkju2jj4qg2uv6gen8

Yes. I take joy in blaming the team that's out there for its performance.

2nd and 3. 3rd and 3. Late in the game...they go for deep bombs and punt. All they needed was a long drive for a score that ate the clock. Simple as that.

What if the Mahommes fumble was rigged? No pressure. Ball just slips out. Without that, we're down 14.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:38 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The ball landed behind the LOS and Perine was like 7 yards away.  It was grounding.

Pass protection was poor all game long and the team refused to run the ball.  I don't understand it.

Burrow was absolutely intentionally grounding it. On those, you throw it at the rbs feet.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the do over was so bizarre that it made what happened after seem worse.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chiefs-do-over-play-4th-quarter-afc-championship-enrages-nfl-fans
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:45 AM)Nepa Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chiefs-do-over-play-4th-quarter-afc-championship-enrages-nfl-fans

They clearly showed the ref running in and that play didn't influence outcome.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrow was absolutely intentionally grounding it. On those, you throw it at the rbs feet.

Mahomes throw was probably more than 7 yards from any receiver.  Mahomes was in the pocket, about to be sacked, and threw the ball in the middle of the field, not near anyone. If they are to call one, they have to call the other.

And Burrow and Taylor certainly didn't think it was intentional grounding. Taylor in particular went ballistic at the call. 

Don't ask me. Ask Mike Greenberg: "The officiating in this game was unimaginably terrible. And very one sided."  

Or Bill Simmons: "You can’t call the late hit on Mahomes after you ignored the late hit on Burrow a few mins earlier. Those refs were horrible. They weren’t even fishy-bad more completely-incompetent-bad. Great work @NFL."

Or the comment: "How do they miss that block in the back after all the flags they've thrown?"

Greenberg said "That was an absolute disgrace. The Bengals should be outraged."

Why are you not outraged? 
Reply/Quote
Bengals sacked Mahomes only to be called for defensive holding on 5th down.

very bizarre
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They clearly showed the ref running in and that play didn't influence outcome.

It impacted field position, as the Chiefs ultimately got a first down, and the punt cause the Bengals to be pinned inside the 20. It also caused the loss of a TO for the Bengals.  How do you know it wouldn't have impacted the game?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: ****

What if the Mahommes fumble was rigged? No pressure. Ball just slips out. Without that, we're down 14.

I think we just found someone more incompetent than the referees. Without the fumble, the Chiefs would defiantly scored a TD? Wow.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:52 AM)Nepa Wrote: Mahomes throw was probably more than 7 yards from any receiver.  Mahomes was in the pocket, about to be sacked, and threw the ball in the middle of the field, not near anyone. If they are to call one, they have to call the other.

And Burrow and Taylor certainly didn't think it was intentional grounding. Taylor in particular went ballistic at the call. 

Don't ask me. Ask Mike Greenberg: "The officiating in this game was unimaginably terrible. And very one sided."  

Or Bill Simmons: "You can’t call the late hit on Mahomes after you ignored the late hit on Burrow a few mins earlier. Those refs were horrible. They weren’t even fishy-bad more completely-incompetent-bad. Great work @NFL."

Or the comment: "How do they miss that block in the back after all the flags they've thrown?"

Greenberg said "That was an absolute disgrace. The Bengals should be outraged."

Why are you not outraged? 

I mean really between the refs, the punt return inside the last minute, and Ossai’s PF, plus Adeniji’s 9 pressures and 3 sacks, and Scharping’s 7 pressures blame Zac?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:58 AM)Nepa Wrote: I think we just found someone more incompetent than the referees. Without the fumble, the Chiefs would defiantly scored a TD? Wow.

Who are they defying? 
Reply/Quote
That missed block in the back on the punt return was very obvious and out in the open. That non-call greatly impacted the outcome of the game.

Just horrible officiating combined wit Ossai making one of the worst mistakes in Bengals history.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:08 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: That missed block in the back on the punt return was very obvious and out in the open. That non-call greatly impacted the outcome of the game.

Just horrible officiating combined wit Ossai making one of the worst mistakes in Bengals history.

I really wish people would quit saying this. They didn't "miss" it . They looked right at it. We all saw it, including the refs. They refused to call it. It's one of those strategically-timed no -calls .
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
People act like the refs caused the loss. Say they called everything. Clock expires. We then go to overtime. What did the Bengals ever show that they were capable of scoring to kill the Chiefs? They were playing bad.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote