Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or better line
(04-27-2018, 04:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Fisher is a RT, he isn't a guard and one of his issues was we kept moving him around in the past and he stated such. I think it's more likely Conor Williams would kick inside in that scenario. Also I think Orlando Brown goes much earlier than people think.

I'd bet on Fisher should we draft a right tackle and have Fisher compete with Westerman and the others we have at right guard.

That was just one scenario example of how the line could look. Maybe Westerman beats out Fisher to change that scenario but I don't see Fisher limited to right tackle.

Mostly hearing Tackle projections for Connor Williams but like Fisher he could also kick in to guard. Expectations are by most I hear is that Connor Williams is a Tackle prospect primarily.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:17 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'd bet on Fisher should we draft a right tackle and have Fisher compete with Westerman and the others we have at right guard.

That was just one scenario example of how the line could look. Maybe Westerman beats out Fisher to change that scenario but I don't see Fisher limited to right tackle.

Mostly hearing Tackle projections for Connor Williams but like Fisher he could also kick in to guard. Expectations are by most I hear is that Connor Williams is a Tackle prospect primarily.

I see the opposite, people worry Williams can't play tackle which is why he dropped and is probably a Guard that may get tried out as tackle just to see if he can do it. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: while they would be decent picks I don't want 3/4 of our top picks going to the OL... 

3/5ths is still 2/5ths better than when it was just boiling. lol...   But I think what we already have we don't need a RG really...    Fishers problems could have all been related to his now corrected heart problem.  

We aren't gonna be able to retool the entire line this draft and we already got 2 quality linemen for the 12th pick.

But ill trust the bengals and what they have been doing this offseason.

I get that and I would only use two picks tonight on O-lineman if I felt really good about the two I would get.

Say Hernandez and Orlando Brown for example.

I would not use two picks just to do it.

Likely only 1 would line up in a good way to get used tonight. Probably a right tackle.

I just don't think I would be happy with Zero being used.

So, I think I am being Flexible on this.  1 or 2 tonight used on O-line but only do 2 if both guys get me stoked.

Zero and I'm heaving the remote but then hoping I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: I see the opposite, people worry Williams can't play tackle which is why he dropped and is probably a Guard that may get tried out as tackle just to see if he can do it. 

You could be right.  Williams was a name I threw out for an example. Other right tackle prospects that remain may be better options.

The final 5 mix of the line could go a number of different ways, as long as all 5 pan out.

Right now, I am at 3/5 and hoping to see it at 5/5 no matter how they get there.
Reply/Quote
Tyrell Crosby is a guy in the second round they could look at at OT/G. Crosby is a long tackle, good bend, with a mean streak. Oh yea he didn't give up a sack last year.

He's the forgotten guy lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:26 PM)depthchart Wrote: You could be right.  Williams was a name I threw out for an example. Other right tackle prospects that remain may be better options.

The final 5 mix of the line could go a number of different ways, as long as all 5 pan out.

Right now, I am at 3/5 and hoping to see it at 5/5 no matter how they get there.

I think it's more likely we take a guy like Corbett who is a former tackle who projects as a guard but still may be able to play tackle. You take a guy like him or Rankin and see if they can beat Fisher out if not you kick them inside and it means Fisher is doing well.
Reply/Quote
We will get there. What Pollack has done so far with the shit sandwich Alexander left for him looks pretty remarkable so far.
Reply/Quote
I am sure we get an OT tonight.

My concerns left me last night.

Tyrell Crosby, Connor Williams, Orlando Brown, Rankin, Geron Christian, Alex Cappa, Casey Tucker, Jimarco Jones etc.

That is a lot of talent still on the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Tyrell Crosby is a guy in the second round they could look at at OT/G. Crosby is a long tackle, good bend, with a mean streak. Oh yea he didn't give up a sack last year.

He's the forgotten guy lol.

I heard all good things about a tackle from Oregon who didn't give up sacks either.....He is Jake Fisher the guy everyone wants to replace. I'll pass on Oregon Tackles for a while. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: I see the opposite, people worry Williams can't play tackle which is why he dropped and is probably a Guard that may get tried out as tackle just to see if he can do it. 

Yep, Connor Williams has short arms but he has very good feet and hands. I think he could play either but he
seems to transition to Guard better in the NFL from what i am seeing. I am liking Crosby at RT the most honestly.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: I heard all good things about a tackle from Oregon who didn't give up sacks either.....He is Jake Fisher the guy everyone wants to replace. I'll pass on Oregon Tackles for a while. 

Totally different players.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: I heard all good things about a tackle from Oregon who didn't give up sacks either.....He is Jake Fisher the guy everyone wants to replace. I'll pass on Oregon Tackles for a while. 

Will Richardson NC State is another guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We will get there.  What Pollack has done so far with the shit sandwich Alexander left for him looks pretty remarkable so far.

You are likely right that we will get there.

The 2 starter improvements we have had so far are Light Years from what we would have done had Alexander stayed.

I just hope we keep the gas pedal down a little longer tonight (at least one more O-line pick) that hopefully Pollack has influence over to maybe get us there real soon.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Will Richardson NC State is another guy.

I keep forgetting about this guy for some reason, another good one.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, I forgot all about Perkins.

Kent Perkins, I wonder if he's any relation to Kent Dorfman?

[Image: aqsSDB]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Understand that but normally it is because they lack the athleticism to be a Tackle. That isn't Fisher's issue and he is not what you'd really want as a guard. He is a tackle and I think the Bengals have faith in him.

Fisher's heart should be good to go with the rewiring, and I'm good with having him at right tackle and letting Westerman and Redmond fight for the guard spot. I'm not against taking more linemen tonight, but if they don't I'd be ok with it. I do hope they get Hernandez
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:17 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'd bet on Fisher should we draft a right tackle and have Fisher compete with Westerman and the others we have at right guard.

I would have westerman in a heartbeat at RG....the time he got .vs. ravens he was excellent. I truly believe he can be the starter.

I am sceptical on fisher and I think this medical condition is risking glossing over the fact he may never be an above average RT.

I would take any good OL who fell irrespective of position if BPA in 2 or 3...however if we could get a RT that would be my preference
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Totally different players.

Sure but the scheme they come out of is still similar and I think that is the bigger issue. One of the biggest problems in recent years is college tackles never put their hand on the ground in these spread systems and you do in the nfl.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 06:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sure but the scheme they come out of is still similar and I think that is the bigger issue. One of the biggest problems in recent years is college tackles never put their hand on the ground in these spread systems and you do in the nfl.

That is true, but you don't think Pollack could teach Crosby up?

I think this is really the x-factor this year, Pollack. Love this dude.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fisher's heart should be good to go with the rewiring, and I'm good with having him at right tackle and letting Westerman and Redmond fight for the guard spot. I'm not against taking more linemen tonight, but if they don't I'd be ok with it. I do hope they get Hernandez

We may have another OT prospect after tonight, but right now we have:

Jake
Cedric - I know he stunk at LT, but new coach and who knows maybe
Hart I think from Giants
Don;t forget Boling played LT last year and looked good as well
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote