2/7 Mock
1 Joe Burrow, QB LSU

33 Grant Delpit, S LSU

65 Ben Bartch, OT St. John

97 Tyler Biadasz, IOL Wisconsin

129 Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC

160 Jacob Phillips, LB LSU

192 Levonta Taylor, CB Florida State

Best QB in the draft, the man who will lead the Bengals to a Superbowl victory!

Was shocked to see Grant Delpit there at 33. How do you not take that talent, when it's sitting right there? Delpit will fast become that Reggie Nelson like leader in the secondary that we've been lacking, well, since Reggie Nelson was here.

Took Bartch in the 3rd, because I love his upside. He is a guy, that if given solid coaching and a year or two to develop, who could be absolutely dominate at RT to bookend with Williams for the next 8-12 years.

Was almost as surprised to see Biadasz available in the 4th, as I was Delpit at #33. Biadasz should push Miller for reps at RG, and make Miller completely expendable in a year. With a potential starting 5 of Williams, Jordan, Hokins, Biadasz, Bartch, in two years the Bengals could have one of the most dominating OLs in the game, for several years.

Michael Pittman will immediately add depth at WR, his physical toughness and blocking ability will have him earning reps as a rookie. Strong hands, maintains composure through contact.

I held off on LB until the 6th, because I feel like the Bengals are going to address LB in free agency. Phillips is an athletic, long framed guy that will need a year or two to grow into NFL size and become a good coverage LB. Until then, STs gets a boost from his athleticism and tackling.

Levonta Taylor was one of the top HS CBs when he first arrived on the scene. Very skilled, polished player who just didn't continue to grow physically. His lack of size should make him perfect to push for reps at Slot Corner, as well as make for a good STs gunner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like it cause you think we are going to take a LB in FA which is entirely possible. This is a good Draft going BPA
and this really should solidify the O-Line down the road. Very nice mock honestly, just hope our weapons can stay
healthy or Pittman can grow into a good one. I am still concerned with the fragility of the guys Burrow will be
throwing the ball to.

Like this Mock thought Sunset good job.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 06:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it cause you think we are going to take a LB in FA which is entirely possible. This is a good Draft going BPA
and this really should solidify the O-Line down the road. Very nice mock honestly, just hope our weapons can stay
healthy or Pittman can grow into a good one. I am still concerned with the fragility of the guys Burrow will be
throwing the ball to.

Like this Mock thought Sunset good job.

Well, on Defense I like the philosophy of "strong up the middle", and part of that is having a dominate, enforcement Safety.  A guy that play the run like a LB, and force an offense to throw to the edges.  Delpit fits that mold.

Sure, I gave the offense a lot of love with drafting two OL and a WR.  That was after reading the Hobson's Choice this morning, and deciding that the Bengals were going to likely spend their FA money on defensive players.  Not a perfect mock by any stretch, but I wouldn't be sad if it turned out this way.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm a little worried about Delpit and his stock falling all of the sudden. But I'd be scared/excited regardless. Great picks at 97, 129, and 160. All 3 are steals that late and I could see them realistically being there. Love Pittman.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 09:28 AM)Takedown Wrote: I'm a little worried about Delpit and his stock falling all of the sudden. But I'd be scared/excited regardless. Great picks at 97, 129, and 160. All 3 are steals that late and I could see them realistically being there. Love Pittman.

Eh, I'm not so sure that it's a matter of Delpit "falling", as much as it is a matter of other players rising.  For example, Patrick Queen has risen to 1st round on many lists.  With LB being a position with so few "sure bets", teams that want a new LB will be snatching them up. That can only mean that someone has to make room for them in the 1st round.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 10:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eh, I'm not so sure that it's a matter of Delpit "falling", as much as it is a matter of other players rising.  For example, Patrick Queen has risen to 1st round on many lists.  With LB being a position with so few "sure bets", teams that want a new LB will be snatching them up.  That can only mean that someone has to make room for them in the 1st round.

Right, but McKinney is now projected as the #1 safety. I thought it was Delpit? Maybe its a little bit of both McKinney's stock rising as well as other players pushing Delpit 33.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote