Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/8 Mock with Trades
(02-10-2017, 03:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not a fan at all.  I don't see the logic in moving down and picking up Cunningham.  If you want a linebacker, stay put and grab Foster.

That being said, I don't want a linebacker in round 1, we need a pass rusher.

What if none of Garrett, Allen, or Thomas is there? Do you "reach" for a rusher like Barnett at 9?
What if the pick was Taco Charlton? He fits more what the Bengals prefer in DEs, but many feel he falls more in the second half of the first round. NFL.com has him compared to Chandler Jones though, who is a double-digit sacker two years in a row. If Charlton can become Chandler Jones when it comes to sacks, then he could be worth that high of a selection.
Some may mention Tim Williams, but he's likely too light (252 lb) and is viewed more as a 3-4 OLB. There are also off-field red flags such as misdemeanor drug charge and marijuana possession. He's now being compared to Randy Gregory, and that's not going to help his draft stock.
Malik McDowell could even be in the discussion, as he has the ideal size the Bengals like in DE. However, he primarily rushes from the interior and would be more raw outside than most first round edge rushers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 08:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Walter football has him as 3-4 round.  he's the 6th or 70th best tackle and the 5th or 6th best guard. That's not second round talent. 

I trust CBS over walter football any day of the week.
Reply/Quote
No way do I take that little for a first round slide of 6 spots...but I like the draft overall. I am not a big fan of a LB with the first pick, and I would hope that there is a DE talent that would still be there at that point. To me, the single greatest place to improve our team is with a pass rush at RDE. Soloman Thomas or Derek Barnett would be perfect for our scheme.

There are numerous LB options that should be there in Rd 3 to help improve the depth and speed at the position. They may take more than one LB and force out Maualuga if he shows up out of shape again.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 05:59 PM)pulses Wrote: I trust CBS over walter football any day of the week.

FWIW,. NFL.com has Motion rated as the 13th best OL, so that would seem to be a reach at the 41st pick.  Drafttek has him rated #72 overall.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 01:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: FWIW,. NFL.com has Motion rated as the 13th best OL, so that would seem to be a reach at the 41st pick.  Drafttek has him rated #72 overall.

Yep and we have the combine and interviewing and things coming up yet to determine exactly where he might go. I think he'll go in the 2nd round and he fits exactly what we look for. A guy who can play multiple positions.
Reply/Quote