Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2 Bengals WRs in top 13 on PFF list
Chase #6 and Tee #13.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-wide-receiver-rankings-and-tiers-2022

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Sweet and those ratings may well go up this season.
Reply/Quote
And Boyd comes in at 28.

Our #3 is better than the #1 with the Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Broncos, Titans, Colts, Jaguars, Patriots, Jets, Giants, Packers, Bears, Lions, and Falcons. At least according to this list…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
So... do we have the best starting trio overall according to PFF?
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 09:11 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: And Boyd comes in at 28.

Our #3 is better than the #1 with the Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Broncos, Titans, Colts, Jaguars, Patriots, Jets, Giants, Packers, Bears, Lions, and Falcons. At least according to this list…

#6 Chase
#13 Tee
#28 Boyd 

all seem legitimately ranked, and the scary thing is that any of them to could finish higher than predicted ranking 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 10:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: #6 Chase
#13 Tee
#28 Boyd 

all seem legitimately ranked, and the scary thing is that any of them to could finish higher than predicted ranking 

Hayden Hurst is the guy who has to love these rankings. Dude should totally get his opportunities.
Reply/Quote
Man it's going to be a pain in the ass to try and re-sign both these guys.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 10:09 PM)Yogo Wrote: So... do we have the best starting trio overall according to PFF?

By their opinion, yes. I'd have to think that by any objective ranking, they'd be near, if not at the top.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 10:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Hayden Hurst is the guy who has to love these rankings. Dude should totally get his opportunities.

Actually those 3 WRs are the reason no TE would put up big numbers with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 08:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Chase #6 and Tee #13.

Was this supposed to be a shock?

Wait I am shocked.....that Chase is so low.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 11:09 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man it's going to be a pain in the ass to try and re-sign both these guys.

I see very little chance of that happening. Tee will likely be gone in a couple years. So we have to go all in before that happens.

(05-25-2022, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually those 3 WRs are the reason no TE would put up big numbers with the Bengals.

Maybe not yardage, but Eifert had 13 TD’s in 2015 - and that was with 3 very good WR’s on the field.

(05-25-2022, 12:00 PM)Stewy Wrote: Was this supposed to be a shock?

Wait I am shocked.....that Chase is so low.

Chase and Jefferson are both too low, imo.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 08:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Chase #6 and Tee #13.

Pretty bad list, imo.

Does anyone think Julio is a Top 20 WR anymore?

I'm not sure how D-Hop is #3 after the year he had and the suspension, especially after all the guys they knocked down to 3rd tier for injury prone off years.  

This will be unpopular, but Higgins over McLaurin, Godwin, Allen, Thielen, Lockett, Williams, and Moore is kind of a joke 
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually those 3 WRs are the reason no TE would put up big numbers with the Bengals.

Which is why I said opportunities and not big numbers. Thus, the use of actually as in "the truth of facts of a situation" in your reply doesn't do much for me. 
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 10:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Hayden Hurst is the guy who has to love these rankings. Dude should totally get his opportunities.

No doubt. Things should really open up for Hurst who is more of a pass catching TE than Uzo is.

Pretty cool those rankings, cannot really disagree with them either. They are fair.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see very little chance of that happening. Tee will likely be gone in a couple years. So we have to go all in before that happens.

Maybe not yardage, but Eifert had 13 TD’s in 2015 - and that was with 3 very good WR’s on the field.

Chase and Jefferson are both too low, imo.

(05-25-2022, 01:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which is why I said opportunities and not big numbers. Thus, the use of actually as in "the truth of facts of a situation" in your reply doesn't do much for me. 

Right

Hurst doesn't have to put up 1,500 yards and 100 receptions to be a giant plus.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe not yardage, but Eifert had 13 TD’s in 2015 - and that was with 3 very good WR’s on the field.

Sanu had 394 yards and 0 TDs that year as the #3 WR.

Also...
Higgins > M Jones
Boyd >>>>> Sanu

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Quote:I see very little chance of that happening. Tee will likely be gone in a couple years. So we have to go all in before that happens.
I'm not so sure. The Bengals seem to have a knack for holding onto talent and signing mid tier talent before they peak of late.. Lots of FAs will be rotating out in the next year or so in exchange for cheaper talent ready to peak.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 05:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sanu had 394 yards and 0 TDs that year as the #3 WR.

Also...
Higgins > M Jones
Boyd >>>>> Sanu

Well sure, doesn’t really change what I said. A TE can still put up a lot of TD’s even with a nice WR group. For as good as both Tee and Boyd are - neither have ever even cracked double digit TD’s. Uzomah had the same amount as Boyd last year (5), and only one less than Tee. And I think Hurst could be even better in this offense than Uzomah was.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 07:15 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not so sure. The Bengals seem to have a knack for holding onto talent and signing mid tier talent before they peak of late.. Lots of FAs will be rotating out in the next year or so in exchange for cheaper talent ready to peak.. 

I wouldn’t bet any amount of money that is significant to me on being able to re-sign both Tee and Chase. Have you seen the WR contracts being given out this offseason?

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 12:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: This will be unpopular, but Higgins over McLaurin, Godwin, Allen, Thielen, Lockett, Williams, and Moore is kind of a joke 

I'd agree on some of those guys like McLaurin, Godwin and Moore. But Thielen and Allen are getting older and Williams started the year of a tear but then disappeared down the stretch. Lockett has always been a guy with huge games but multiple games of very little production. I wonder if they factor in. QB because that would affect McLaurin and Lockett.
Reply/Quote