• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2 Bengals re-signed
Not the ones we were hoping for but they do need to fill in the back of roster

per Ian Rapaport

LB Joe Bachie signed to a 1 year contract

CB Jalen Davis signing a 2 year deal

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Both are solid depth guys.  Thought Davis played well given limited opportunities last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Duke is getting the low hanging fruit roster building out of the way.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 01:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Both are solid depth guys.  Thought Davis played well given limited opportunities last year.

Agreed, and I'll add that Joe Bachie is the type of depth player that you want to retain.  When the team suffered injuries at LB, during the Super Bowl run, Joe stepped up and played 27% of defensive snaps on the year, to go along with averaging 60% of all special teams snaps.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 01:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Duke is getting the low hanging fruit roster building out of the way.

These are small but crucial signings before the draft. The Bengals have done this since about midway through the Marvin years. Get your roster set to where you're not reaching for need. Almost every one of the 2nd and 3rd year CFAs in the NFL are better than most 4th rounders just through experience alone. This makes most of your draft BPA, which is a good way to improve an already good team.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Headline:

Joey B. signs multi-year contract with Bengals for less than 1 million PER YEAR!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Welcome BACK to the jungle...
Reply/Quote
Bachie will always be a good depth guy

Love him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I like both of these depth players, Bachie filled in very well a when Logan went down the year before last.

Jalen Davis is good depth in the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 01:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Both are solid depth guys.  Thought Davis played well given limited opportunities last year.

They really like Davis, he may be one of the best #2's on the roster.

Reply/Quote
Bachie is a great ST player. Lou is a fan of Davis so these re-signings aren't too surprising. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I was hoping the Burrow contract would be done before FA, so what's everyone's guess on when it will get done?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 02:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Headline:

Joey B. signs multi-year contract with Bengals for less than 1 million PER YEAR!!!!!

He did. Unfortunately, it was Joey Bagofdonuts and not Joey Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 01:55 PM)Tomcat Wrote: I was hoping the Burrow contract would be done before FA, so what's everyone's guess on when it will get done?

My understanding is that if signed before 31st March the guaranteed money would need to be put in esrcrow by April this year. If signed after April 1st then mpguaranteed money wouldn't need to be put in to escrow until April next year giving them another year of income for cash flow which would be big help for a non cash rich ownership franchise. I would hope the salient terms are discussed and close at is point so they know where hey stand in free agency
Reply/Quote