Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2 More 'Possible' Wins
Continuing the boycott of actually 'watching' or contributing money to the NFL, I do keep track of scores and watch Bengals highlights on the Bengals website and the Radio Recap after each game.

I predicted 8-8 at the start of the season, and now I see a best finish of 5-11, and possibly 3-13.

The 2 possible wins are the Browns and Bears.

The Bengals only had one season with 3 wins under PB, and that was the first expansion season.

Under MB they've had 4 - 3 win seasons and one 2 win year!!
Reply/Quote
I think Denver is a winnable game. They've lost what 5 in a row. Their defense has sucked too.
Reply/Quote
I think both the Bears and possibly the Browns are going to beat the Bengals. If the Bengals get any more wins, it will have to be on a perfect day, when another team has a bad day.

I mean, if you're going to promote a build up for the 50th Anniversary Season, and then bomb out, you might as well go whole-hog and at least go for a top 5 draft pick. At least leave the incoming coach something to work with..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Denver is a winnable game. They've lost what 5 in a row. Their defense has sucked too.

Until...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think both the Bears and possibly the Browns are going to beat the Bengals. If the Bengals get any more wins, it will have to be on a perfect day, when another team has a bad day.

I mean, if you're going to promote a build up for the 50th Anniversary Season, and then bomb out, you might as well go whole-hog and at least go for a top 5 draft pick. At least leave the incoming coach something to work with..

Usually I’m among the more optimistic posters on here but I think Cincinnati will finish 5-11, culminating with a two win end to the season with a classic Dead Cat Bounce.
Reply/Quote
I think I predicted we'd go 6-10.

I want to say we can't lose to the Browns...but they've been playing better lately. That would be humiliating.

Without Joe Thomas hopefully our defense can shut them down.
Reply/Quote
Nope 10-6.
Reply/Quote
Broncos, Browns, Bears, Ravens are all theoretically winnable.

Vikings, Lions, and Steelers aren't.

So best case we could be 7-9. Worst case 4-12.
Reply/Quote
Hate to say it but hope we lose out with the exception of the Browns and Squealers game.........I'll take the hight draft pick of Orlando Brown out of Oklahoma and plug him in at LT and start to fill in the pieces from there......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Question is what games we can win and more what games do we want to win?

I contend that we lose out.

No reason to try to gain morale victories on a sinking ship.

Bomb out, get Marvin's ass fired, hopefully many of his assistants go with him, we get a top 5 pick and start a proper rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Denver is a winnable game. They've lost what 5 in a row. Their defense has sucked too.

Denver's defense is down, but they will handle us no sweat.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Lose 5 in a row, but will still beat us.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Once we are mathematically eliminated, we will win out. Just the way this organization keeps us coming back.

Reply/Quote
Browns will be their only other W.

4-12

Reply/Quote
It's interesting that I get criticized for being negative about the team by many on the board...and you guys are all more down on the team than me.

But...you know IF we beat Denver on the road...that some 20% of the board will be talking about how we're going to make our run. They'll be like win @ Denver. win vs Cleveland. That will get us to 5-6. Then if we can steal one...6-6.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 10:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Until...

you read after the game that the Broncos "Super Bowl Caliber" defense could not be stopped. Coincidentally it was the only week in the 2017 season that was mentioned!
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 01:13 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Question is what games we can win and more what games do we want to win?

I contend that we lose out.

No reason to try to gain morale victories on a sinking ship.

Bomb out, get Marvin's ass fired, hopefully many of his assistants go with him, we get a top 5 pick and start a proper rebuild.

My thoughts exactly! Tank it on out! Except in our case it's not really tanking, we just stink.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 10:21 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: My thoughts exactly! Tank it on out! Except in our case it's not really tanking, we just stink.

Giving this front office high draft picks doesn't really yield much.

You know...they'll think long and hard about Saquon Barkley if they have a shot at him.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:06 AM)corpjet Wrote: Hate to say it but hope we lose out with the exception of the Browns and Squealers game.........I'll take the hight draft pick of Orlando Brown out of Oklahoma and plug him in at LT and start to fill in the pieces from there......

This...

Any wins from this point on are hollow and empty. All they do is ruin their draft position. How are they gonna land the best injured player available with 5-6 wins?

But we all know they'll win a game they have no business winning, and get one or two more just to spite themselves.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Bengals play against four teams that are currently set to pick in the Top 12 (Browns, Bears, Broncos, Ravens).
The Bengals can realistically beat any of these teams.
So at best, I see the Bengals being 7-9.
I'd be really shocked to see the Bengals lose to the Browns, so I think they will at worst be 4-12.
Probably in the middle when all is said and done at 5 or 6 wins.
The remaining games will be crucial to draft slot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote