Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Ohio State vs Michigan Games ???
I don't look for it to happen, but it is now possible. Ohio State backed into NCAA Play-Offs. They have to play Georgia in Atlanta and will probably get clobbered. However it is upset possible for Ohio State and Michigan to play twice in one season for first time ever, and in NCAA Championship on January 9th. Ohio State Fans can dream of winning the rematch in California and winning NCAA Championship.

However I see Ohio State as a team that doesn't belong in the play-offs. I doubt they would beat #5 Alabama, and will get clobbered without mercy by undefeated Georgia playing in Georgia.

Still, it is on the schedule. If both Ohio State and Michigan win New Years Eve, there would be a second Ohio State vs Michigan game for first time ever.

Maybe NCAA Championship should be just winners of conference championships. Georgia, Michigan won theirs. I assume TCU won theirs. That means there is a winner of a major conference with a good record as Big 10 loser Ohio State goes. With the Pac 10 and ACC and others, maybe only letting division champ winners go to the 4 team play-off is the most fair thing in the future.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 01:44 AM)kevin Wrote: I don't look for it to happen, but it is now possible.  Ohio State backed into NCAA Play-Offs.  They have to play Georgia in Atlanta and will probably get clobbered.  However it is upset possible for Ohio State and Michigan to play twice in one season for first time ever, and in NCAA Championship on January 9th.  Ohio State Fans can dream of winning the rematch in California and winning NCAA Championship.  

However I see Ohio State as a team that doesn't belong in the play-offs.  I doubt they would beat #5 Alabama, and will get clobbered without mercy by  undefeated Georgia playing in Georgia.  

Still, it is on the schedule.  If both Ohio State and Michigan win New Years Eve, there would be a second Ohio State vs Michigan game for first time ever.

They definitely could win they're still a top 10 program with a powerful offense. They just seem to have an absolutely awful matchup against Georgia. They're soft defensively and probably strongest in the passing game where that I think is one of UGA's strongest suits. Also seemingly their biggest hit and miss area. Seems like Georgia has played down to people all year (particularly Kent State and Missouri), but have certainly shown up to the big games. (Also let LSU get all those points after the game was over). I expect and hope Georgia wins though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Speaking of upsets and teams backing into the playoffs, didn't TCU lose their conference championship game? Wouldn't it be the irony of all ironies if both OSU and TCU upset their respective undefeated opponents, and met up in the NCAA Championship game?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If Ohio State is going to have a shot, they need to get out of their own way.

They are not a smash mouth football team. They are a quick strike team that is built to score fast and bury opponents. They aren't a team built to run without Henderson.

Throw early and often, hope you OL can pass protect against Georgia, and live or die being what you're built to be. Trying to be something you're not will get you beat every time. Michigan is living rent free in Day's head and it hurts the program overall.
Reply/Quote