Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Quarterbacks could turn this team around
(01-14-2017, 02:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It wasn't just his entire draft..... It was his entire 1999 draft, his 2000 1st rounder, 2001 1st rounder, and 2002 2nd rounder.

...still can't believe it. Thanks for bringing it back up.  Lol  Whatever

At least we fired our idiot GM after that one...right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 09:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: At least we fired our idiot GM after that one...right?

Mike Brown is the equivalent of an unfireable Matt Millen.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 12:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mike Brown is the equivalent of an unfireable Matt Millen.

Holy crapola, you're right.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 02:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It wasn't just his entire draft..... It was his entire 1999 draft, his 2000 1st rounder, 2001 1st rounder, and 2002 2nd rounder.

...still can't believe it. Thanks for bringing it back up.  Lol  Whatever

God, you guys had to remind of Mikey passing on that deal. Every time I remember that 'no deal', I feel like dropping Mikey from an airplane.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 02:46 AM)McC Wrote: No, Mike Ditka, we don't want your entire draft so you can take Ricky Williams.

...still can't believe it. Thanks for bringing it back up.  Lol Whatever

Mike Brown, the GM extraordinaire who passed on a Herschel Walker-esque draft haul without having to give up Herschel Walker. All for legendary QB Akili Smith... Don't forget the sequels! David Klingler, Reinard Wilson, Dan Wilkinson, Ki-Jana Carter, Peter Warrick, come on down! Your up next on draft bust bingo!!!
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 12:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mike Brown is the equivalent of an unfireable Matt Millen.

Which means the Bengals are guaranteed to draft Williams, Mike, WR Clemson.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 03:34 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Which means the Bengals are guaranteed to draft Williams, Mike, WR Clemson.

hell yeah I would jump for joy if they did that.
Reply/Quote
I rarely see anyone talking about McCarron when reading about other teams needing QBs. I see Garrapolo's name and Romo's but don't hear McCarron. With him not seeing field at all last year I think his value went down. I would be surprised if they get anything more than a fourth. I suspect he will be with the Bengals next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 05:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think the Bengals should trade Macaroni and take Watson as the new backup. It will take a year or so before Watson develops. He could replace Andy and be our QB of the future.

So...Dalton only has one or two years left in his career, or Watson's going to sit for five to eight years? Which one?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 02:32 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: If they were smart enough. I hate seeing mccaron go, I think he will be successful. But he's not going to play here obviously. Dalton's got too many fans, and coaches are all in on him. But I would like to have a lot of picks like that.

I think you forget that is resume as a NFL QB also speaks for him.. AJ who ????   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 03:34 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Which means the Bengals are guaranteed to draft Williams, Mike, WR Clemson.

Ha. I think this Mike Williams WR will be better than the other 2 Mike Williams WRs.

I hope. If the Bengals draft him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 12:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think Cousins is going anywhere after a 4900 yard season.

(01-14-2017, 12:09 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Kirk cousins isn't leaving Washington. So, they don't want or need a QB, especially another RGIII type. Their fans would go ballistic.

What a crazy situation that turned into.  
Redskins: "We don't think you are a franchise QB, prove it".
Cousins goes out and wracks up insane season.  

So now the Redskins have to either pay up, and things I am reading are saying he wants a Luck type deal @  $120 mill +, $80+ mill guaranteed, or tag him again and pay @$24 mill since it's his 2nd tagged year in a row.  Cousins has them over the barrel impressively.  So the Redskins gamble they can work out a long term deal during the 2017 season and give him the 2nd tag, Cousins plays well again, still wants big money, Redskins still don't have leverage of replacement threat. If they don't have a replacement in line for him they have to tag him for an unprecedented 3rd time, which would carry an estimated $35 mill guaranteed! AND they still have no replacement for him if this fails.  At this point I don't even know if the CBA allows for a 4th Franchise Tag to be used.

There is even talk of a tag and trade deal, or simply putting the non exclusive tag on him and taking the pics that come with him signing elsewhere (Browns would be perfect fit).  That would be ideal for this scenario I dreamt up. Now they need  Watson or what ever QB, and have traded Cousins for some quality pics giving them even more reasons to be ok paying the Bengals price for Watson.

I still put the likelihood of this happening at slim- , but lets see what happens.

some links 

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/franchise-tag-remains-play-kirk-cousins-2017-reports

http://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/19/hot-take-redskins-should-place-non-exclusive-franchise-tag-on-kirk-cousins-again/

(01-14-2017, 09:47 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Burma, great work.  This is the kind of post that I come to these boards to read.
[Image: bc7.png]

(01-14-2017, 01:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hope a lot of posters still click on this link, although many won't out of "not another Dalton thread" fear....

This is exactly the kind of off-season I am hoping for...get a lot of "nuts and bolts" picks.  Sure, I hope they get a difference maker at RB or DE in the first, but they could still accomplish that while moving McCarron and leveraging their draft slot as you presented. 

For all the responses that will say "No one will give us that much", I offer this:

You have seen teams give massive amounts of picks for the top QB in the draft.  If that pick isn't selected early, and begins to slide, the value could even be HIGHER than if it was the #1 draft slot because of the rookie wage scale.  They would get their QB for less money, but still hold his rights for the full 5 years.  Look at the Bengals, 49ers, and Seahawks when they had lesser dollar QBs signed (for four years) that produced...two went to the Super Bowl and one went to 5 straight playoff appearances.  

It isn't just Watson, either.  When Trubisky and Kiser work out at the combine, some teams will fall in love with them.  It wasn't long ago that Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, and Blaine Gabbert were all drafted in the first 16 picks of the first round....and that was AFTER Cam Newton.  

One area where I stand my ground, though, is I don't want a 3rd and a 4th... I want their 2nd rounder for McCarron, and maybe I would give back a 6th for it(we have three of them), but I want a 2nd rounder.
You're right. The rookie wage scale and the newly tradeable comp pics have added a lot of new energy to the draft. This should be a very interesting draft. Several low floor high ceiling QBs should have teams just the right amount of nervous to encourage trading back into the first or moving up to get "their guy".
As to compensation for McCarron.. just get something! Don't passively wait for some undetermined comp pick in an undetermined round. Be ****ing proactive!!

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 08:02 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Ridiculous.

Andy is the QB of the future.

Yep. He'll take that next step in the future! Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 01:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hope a lot of posters still click on this link, although many won't out of "not another Dalton thread" fear....

This is exactly the kind of off-season I am hoping for...get a lot of "nuts and bolts" picks.  Sure, I hope they get a difference maker at RB or DE in the first, but they could still accomplish that while moving McCarron and leveraging their draft slot as you presented.

For all the responses that will say "No one will give us that much", I offer this:

You have seen teams give massive amounts of picks for the top QB in the draft.  If that pick isn't selected early, and begins to slide, the value could even be HIGHER than if it was the #1 draft slot because of the rookie wage scale.  They would get their QB for less money, but still hold his rights for the full 5 years.  Look at the Bengals, 49ers, and Seahawks when they had lesser dollar QBs signed (for four years) that produced...two went to the Super Bowl and one went to 5 straight playoff appearances.  

It isn't just Watson, either.  When Trubisky and Kiser work out at the combine, some teams will fall in love with them.  It wasn't long ago that Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, and Blaine Gabbert were all drafted in the first 16 picks of the first round....and that was AFTER Cam Newton.  

One area where I stand my ground, though, is I don't want a 3rd and a 4th... I want their 2nd rounder for McCarron, and maybe I would give back a 6th for it(we have three of them), but I want a 2nd rounder.

Could you imagine the backlash Zampese and the rest of the coaching staff would get if the Bengals can't get a running game going with Cook or Fournette? Gaah
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 10:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep. He'll take that next step in the future! Ninja

Just stop. Andy's been a fine a QB.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 11:02 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Just stop. Andy's been a fine a QB.

I know. It was a joke. Cry
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They need to absolutely trade McCarron to the highest bidder instead of letting him waste away on the roster and lose him via free agency next season. And if the player they covet is not available at 9 or a player they like is likely to be there later on then they need to trade the number 9 pick to the highest bidder once again.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 12:46 PM)Crowe Wrote: They need to absolutely trade McCarron to the highest bidder instead of letting him waste away on the roster and lose him via free agency next season. And if the player they covet is not available at 9 or a player they like is likely to be there later on then they need to trade the number 9 pick to the highest bidder once again.

This was discussed in the other McCarron thread. Short version - there have been no offers which was confirmed by our resident media member.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 02:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: This was discussed in the other McCarron thread. Short version - there have been no offers which was confirmed by our resident media member.

Probably because some people seem to think we will get a first round pick + a lower round pick for him. Just don't see this happening.  
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Great post, but I really doubt - and honestly hope they don't - trade out of the top 10 pick.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote