Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds, 1 fourth, all top 100
Browns have turned the #2 pick in this years draft, which was used on a small college QB, into 7 picks in the top 100 over the next three years. That is like getting an entire extra draft year with all the picks in the top third of the draft.

As many of you know I always say that the top picks in the first round are overvalued, and picks after the top 100 are basically just luck. The one fourth round pick they got was the first in the round (from tennessee) so it is still in the top 100. In my eyes the Browns have just pulled off an incredible coup getting that many quality picks. And they had to do it because they have holes all over the place.

But they still have to use those picks properly. The Redskins got a ton of picks for Ricky Williams and did nothing while the Cowboys got a ton of picks for Hershel Walker and turned them into 3 Super Bowl Championships.

I just hope Hue gets to hang around long enough to get the full benefit of these trades. Three of the picks are in future years (1st ans 2nd in '17, 2nd in '18).
Reply/Quote
You know, they've almost always had a bunch of picks every year, fortunately for us they haven't always made good picks with them.
With Hue and the new analytical Regime they actually might start turning that team around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Perpetual rebuild mode. Standard operating procedure
Reply/Quote
They also drafted Johnny Manziel.... Just sayin'
Reply/Quote
Browns will be solid in two years under Hue, and I would love it if putzburg would go 0-4 against Ohio
Reply/Quote
The Browns killed it with all the picks they got in the Julio Jones trade.
Reply/Quote
I actually like having a perpetually bad team in the AFC North, so I hope the Browns miss on the entire plethora of picks.

Sorry Hue, you went to a division rival and helped cause the Bengals to miss out on one of the top WRs. I have no desire to see you succeed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I actually like having a perpetually bad team in the AFC North, so I hope the Browns miss on the entire plethora of picks.

Sorry Hue, you went to a division rival and helped cause the Bengals to miss out on one of the top WRs. I have no desire to see you succeed.

Rock On

Doubt they miss on all of them though, even a blind squirrell...
Reply/Quote
Since the Browns didn't want any of the three QB's, that tells me unequivocally that all will be stars.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just hope Hue gets to hang around long enough to get the full benefit of these trades.

Screw Hue. I hope he gets burned alive in that dumpster fire of a franchise.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The Browns killed it with all the picks they got in the Julio Jones trade.

Yeah, I know.  they have had lots of high picks over the last few years.

(04-28-2016, 11:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But they still have to use those picks properly.  The Redskins got a ton of picks for Ricky Williams and did nothing while the Cowboys got a ton of picks for Hershel Walker and turned them into 3 Super Bowl Championships.

All I am saying is that I think he got a great value for the #2 picks.

For example in the Julio Jones trade they dropped 21 spots and only got back three picks in the top 100.

This year they dropped 13 spots and got seven picks in the top 100.
Reply/Quote
Imagine a coaching staff like Bilichick with that many picks. They have had so many chances to become good again, kinda sad.
Reply/Quote
It's the Browns. What more needs to be said?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 08:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Imagine a coaching staff like Bilichick with that many picks. They have had so many chances to become good again, kinda sad.

If the rumors about his draft style are true, then I don't know how successful he'd be with all of those picks.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Here's one major problem with having 30 picks in one draft:

If you hit on 4 or 5 of them, they will get huge contracts. There's no way in hell you can keep all those guys when their contracts are up.
Reply/Quote
Lets pick up a dude or two the Browns can't afford. Ninja
Reply/Quote