Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 for a dollar bags of potato chips vs the next size up..
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the next size up from 2 for a buck size is just a bigger bag with about 3 more slices of potato for an extra few bucks.. Well THAT'S a bargain, huh?  You're paying for the ambiance of the atmosphere of more smell of potato chips..  Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 07:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the next size up from 2 for a buck size is just a bigger bag with about 3 more slices of potato for an extra few bucks.. Well THAT'S a bargain, huh?  You're paying for the ambiance of the atmosphere of more smell of potato chips..  Whatever

usually the package will have a weight... And the price tag on the shelf will have a price/lb or unit so you can see what's truly the better deal.

Like a 5 oz bag of bacon bits for 1.25 (.25 per oz) or a 15 oz bag for 4 bucks.  (.2666 per oz)  
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 04:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: usually the package will have a weight... And the price tag on the shelf will have a price/lb or unit so you can see what's truly the better deal.

Like a 5 oz bag of bacon bits for 1.25 (.25 per oz) or a 15 oz bag for 4 bucks.  (.2666 per oz)  

Potato chips are like an extra 5 slices of potato and some heavy air pumped in.. Probably smaller potatoes at that..  I ain't biting.. I'll eat them, but not till mushing them so they don't cut my gums..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote