Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 games in 5 days
How does the NFL expect the Bengals and Browns to play 2 games in 5 days with no preseason prep to get ready for the regular season. Players won't be in game shape at all and its just asking too much from them. Not good at all for the players safety. I think it should be Sunday only games for this upcoming season. Players need to get on a set schedule for covid testing and only giving us 3 days rest with one of them a travel day is not good. I know its only to Cleveland but still. Hopefully the NFL or NFLPA steps in to make it happen. Plus I hat Thursday night games haha.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 01:38 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: How does the NFL expect the Bengals and Browns to play 2 games in 5 days with no preseason prep to get ready for the regular season. Players won't be in game shape at all and its just asking too much from them. Not good at all for the players safety. I think it should be Sunday only games for this upcoming season. Players need to get on a set schedule for covid testing and only giving us 3 days rest with one of them a travel day is not good. I know its only to Cleveland but still. Hopefully the NFL or NFLPA steps in to make it happen. Plus I hat Thursday night games haha.

Not a big deal, IMO.

If they were green off the street, absolutely. But while they aren't going to have a full-on PS, they will have worked together for over a month at that point, with a ton of practices, reps, walkthroughs and scrimmages.

I don't see it as an issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Every team is at the same disadvantage, so it will come down to individual conditioning and which teams are better at that.
Reply/Quote
The Rams starters didn't take a snap in preseason the last couple years, including the year they went to the Super Bowl. Honestly, if there is a time to play 2 games in 5 days (which every team does at some point) earlier in the year is better as your body is less beat up and capable of handling it.
Reply/Quote
I say if we have to do it do it early while we are fresh.

Thursday night games are usually sloppy. NFL teams have less than 100 hours from the end of one game to the start of the next. Players hate them, but they like the extra money.

To me there is a simple answer. Every Thursday night game should be two teams coming off their bye week.
Reply/Quote
I'm more worried about the three day weekend they are going to have after the game then the three days to prepare for the game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 02:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Rams starters didn't take a snap in preseason the last couple years, including the year they went to the Super Bowl. Honestly, if there is a time to play 2 games in 5 days (which every team does at some point) earlier in the year is better as your body is less beat up and capable of handling it.

Great point.
Reply/Quote
I'm lost. Can someone explain? When/why do we play Cleveland when the season doesn't "start" until Sep 10 (per NFL.com)
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 05:58 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'm lost. Can someone explain? When/why do we play Cleveland when the season doesn't "start" until Sep 10 (per NFL.com)

17th September
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Never been a fan of the Thursday night games. It seems however the NFL is determined to keep them.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 01:54 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Never been a fan of the Thursday night games. It seems however the NFL is determined to keep them.

For some of us, that's the only time we get to see them play. Unless you go to a place and watch all the games.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 01:38 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: How does the NFL expect the Bengals and Browns to play 2 games in 5 days with no preseason prep to get ready for the regular season.  Players won't be in game shape at all and its just asking too much from them.  Not good at all for the players safety. I think it should be Sunday only games for this upcoming season.  Players need to get on a set schedule for covid testing and only giving us 3 days rest with one of them a travel day is not good.  I know its only to Cleveland but still.  Hopefully the NFL or NFLPA steps in to make it happen.   Plus I hat Thursday night games haha.

It's up to the coaches and players to get ready for the season. They've all got the same amount of time. Those that are lazy will be unprepared. Those who are on-the-ball will be ready.

Reply/Quote