Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2 games in
Line feels worse than last year though we have faced 2 top 10 defenses. D seems better but less opportunistic the players except for Wilson Hubbard and Tre all left in FA Bates Bell and Apple the replacements may be better but less likely to give us the big play spark we got in previous years. First game I chalked up to the elements but Joe doesn't seem right feels like he was rushed back from the calf. Chase doesnt seem to be creating much separation this year which is concerning
Reply/Quote
Offensive line played well against Baltimore.

Defense is worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:51 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Line feels worse than last year though we have faced 2 top 10 defenses. D seems better but less opportunistic the players except for Wilson Hubbard and Tre all left in FA Bates Bell and Apple the replacements may be better but less likely to give us the big play spark we got in previous years. First game I chalked up to the elements but Joe doesn't seem right feels like he was rushed back from the calf. Chase doesnt seem to be creating much separation this year which is concerning

agree though last week our offense was so bad, the line just caved as the game went on.. Yesterday we were just beat by the better QB.. he is a bengals killer in his career. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:51 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: though we have faced 2 top 10 defenses.

If your offense is terrible, all defenses you play in the beginning of the season will be top-10 defenses because they get to play you.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Our OL didn't even play bad yesterday. Burrow has no mobility and was only sacked once.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Offensive line played well against Baltimore.

Defense is worse.

we got no push in the ground game. Orlando Brown  is supposed to help in the ground game i'm not seeing it through 2 games when Mixon found some space in the blitzing lanes is only time he had any room to run. Garrett lived in the backfield week 1. Through 2 games we got fleeced with the money we are paying him.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Offensive line played well against Baltimore.

Defense is worse.

Not a fan of our Oline ....but have to agree

PS: Is Chase's calf injured too? b/c he cant get open to save his life b/c you know JB is usually focused on getting him the ball as much as possible (and for good reason)
Reply/Quote
Line hasn't given up close to the number in sacks as they did the last two years.

Also the run game has looked better. They just haven't stuck with the run. They are on a better trajectory then they were last year and should continue to improve.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 01:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Line hasn't given up close to the number in sacks as they did the last two years.

Also the run game has looked better. They just haven't stuck with the run. They are on a better trajectory then they were last year and should continue to improve.

Despite the loss, if not for the re-injuring of the calf, I'd be feeling pretty good about yesterday.  They seemed to be waking up on offense late despite the massive mistake on that int.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 01:05 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we got no push in the ground game. Orlando Brown  is supposed to help in the ground game i'm not seeing it through 2 games when Mixon found some space in the blitzing lanes is only time he had any room to run. Garrett lived in the backfield week 1. Through 2 games we got fleeced with the money we are paying him.

Mixon had over 4 ypc both games. We just don't run much.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 01:08 PM)Whacked Wrote: Not a fan of our Oline ....but have to agree

PS: Is Chase's calf injured too? b/c he cant get open to save his life b/c you know JB is usually focused on getting him the ball as much as possible (and for good reason)

I've heard it mentioned on Twitter that chase has gotten wide open at times and the ball just didn't go to him for whatever reason. I haven't seen any film breakdowns but I assume we will with his limited production. But don't worry Zac says we don't need to get him open down field we will just give it to him behind the line of scrimmage 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 01:05 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we got no push in the ground game. Orlando Brown  is supposed to help in the ground game i'm not seeing it through 2 games when Mixon found some space in the blitzing lanes is only time he had any room to run. Garrett lived in the backfield week 1. Through 2 games we got fleeced with the money we are paying him.

OL issues i believe all come from the OL Coach to much talent on the OL for it to be as bad as it has been
Reply/Quote
Two games and basically it is another Zac Taylor special where the team is out of sync because the starters did not get game speed snaps in preseason. Burrow looks absolutely horrible no matter the reason - at least he FINALLY started to wake up yesterday late. The defense regressed massively and the blame here rests squarely on the DL - the new safeties are not responsible for basic line play issues like setting the edge, gap discipline and actually winning your matchup.
Reply/Quote
OL has looked better imo. Defense has looked way worse, and not because of the secondary. The defensive line has looked just bad. Getting ran on easily and generating very little pass rush. I understand with two new safeties the secondary might have been slow out of the gate, but I did not expect our DL to be so bad. They need to recover soon because our offense is usually so inconsistent that it needs the defense to give them time to get hot during the game.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: Two games and basically it is another Zac Taylor special where the team is out of sync because the starters did not get game speed snaps in preseason. Burrow looks absolutely horrible no matter the reason - at least he FINALLY started to wake up yesterday late. The defense regressed massively and the blame here rests squarely on the DL - the new safeties are not responsible for basic line play issues like setting the edge, gap discipline and actually winning your matchup.

Didn't want to pile on it feels Reader has lost a step 
Reply/Quote