Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 more players waived
WR Mike Thomas had his contract terminated
WR Trenton Irwin was waived

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Woo hmm adding a WR to the 53 but not a waiver claim? John Brown?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know the Bengals have a plan in place. They are just not showing their hand at the moment. It just seems weird that you have your 4 main receivers and Stanley Morgan on the 53 and that's it. Your strong group might now be a slight weakness? Especially with Chase having the dropsies right now.
Reply/Quote
They're going to either make some low level trades for WRs who are going to be cut or some claims of guys who have been cut, if I had to guess.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 05:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They're going to either make some low level trades for WRs who are going to be cut or some claims of guys who have been cut, if I had to guess.

Id be all in for John Brown, hes fast, gets open and he can catch balls. Thats what WRs do right? Sucks we have to be concerned as we have TOP 5 WIDEOUT WHO CANNOT GET HIS SHIT TOGETHER.  
Reply/Quote
Here’s what I don’t get about the WRs: Irwin and Thomas made the initial cut but Taylor was let go. Now they have cut/released Irwin and Thomas but Taylor is still with the team on the PS which is now full.
Does that mean they actually liked him better all along but thought he would not be claimed and the other two would? Did they change their mind over night? Did they end up with their 3rd choice out of these WRs?
Just doesn’t make much sense to me how this all played out.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 05:40 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Here’s what I don’t get about the WRs:  Irwin and Thomas made the initial cut but Taylor was let go.  Now they have cut/released Irwin and Thomas but Taylor is still with the team on the PS which is now full.
Does that mean they actually liked him better all along but thought he would not be claimed and the other two would?  Did they change their mind over night?  Did they end up with their 3rd choice out of these WRs?  

PS still has 1 spot.  It could mean that Mike Thomas is coming back to the 53 with a corresponding IR move and Irwin gets the last IR spot if he clears waivers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 05:40 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Here’s what I don’t get about the WRs:  Irwin and Thomas made the initial cut but Taylor was let go.  Now they have cut/released Irwin and Thomas but Taylor is still with the team on the PS which is now full.
Does that mean they actually liked him better all along but thought he would not be claimed and the other two would?  Did they change their mind over night?  Did they end up with their 3rd choice out of these WRs?  

Maybe it's more a matter of what they do/contribute as a WR? I don't know a ton about Irwin/Thomas/Taylor strengths and whatnot, but maybe Irwin and Thomas filled a role and Taylor filled a different role? Then they saw/heard about the availability of guys who do what Irwin and Thomas do, but better?

It could also be about potential. Irwin and Thomas might be a hair better than Taylor now, but they could think Taylor has a brighter future than either. So keep the guys who can help best now and stash the other for another year.

It could also be about Special Teams. Maybe Taylor isn't a good ST guy and Irwin/Thomas are?

I have no idea the actual reasoning, but those are 3 possibilities.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's odd they chose to cut those two over Morgan. Who is a special teams ace, but so was Thomas. Thomas tho, showed more as a receiver.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

I agree with you 100%!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 04:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Woo hmm adding a WR to the 53 but not a waiver claim? John Brown?

The claimed Nick McCloud CB and Wyatt Ray DE
Reply/Quote
I thought is was strange that they kept 7 WRs on the original 53. Why keep an extra player at a spot where we don't have talent.

Not surprised that they dropped a couple, but I thought they would bring in at least 1 WR instead of a CB and DE. Maybe they just go with an extra DB for a couple of weeks while Trae is out.
Reply/Quote
I thought Irwin earned a spot. Morgan must be a beast on ST.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 11:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought Irwin earned a spot.  Morgan must be a beast on ST.

Morgan is a pretty badass gunner, no joke.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Unless I missed it no IR moves, and we may be sticking with 5 receivers for now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: Unless I missed it no IR moves, and we may be sticking with 5 receivers for now.

Can always move Irwin up for game day.
Reply/Quote
Stanley Morgan is a Simmon's boy.

Dude rocks ST's along with Wilcox.

I am down with bringing in John Brown, lets do this, happy we kept Irwin, good damn player.
Reply/Quote