Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 of Newest Bengals Make PFF Top 10 Sleepers List
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/05/02/draft-top-10-impact-sleeper-picks-from-the-2016-nfl-draft/

6. Christian Westerman, G, Cincinnati Bengals
We had a third-round grade on the former Arizona State Sun Devil, and the Bengals got him at pick 161 in the fifth-round. Tied for the 16th-highest grade among guards in this draft class, he was better as a pass-blocker than a run blocker. In pass protection he had the eighth-highest grade in the class, allowing just one sack, five hits and nine hurries in 2015. He put together a pair of solid seasons for the Sun Devils, grading positively both as a pass blocker and a run blocker in 2014 and 2015.

10. Andrew Billings, DT, Cincinnati Bengals
Did the belief that he isn’t more than a two-down player cause Billings, the No. 22 player on our board, to fall this past weekend, or was it concerns about his knees? Either way, it allowed the Bengals to draft a perfect long-term replacement for nose tackle Domata Peko in the fourth round. Billings had the 14th-highest overall grade of any player on the defensive interior in this draft class, and had the eighth-highest grade against the run. A perfect fit at nose tackle, he should be an upgrade over Peko, who has graded negatively in each of the past eight seasons.
Reply/Quote
Pekos consistent goin for 9 straight
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Billings not a surprise.

Reply/Quote
Interesting bit within the Scooby paragraph.

"7. Scooby Wright III, LB, Cleveland Browns
Measurables, measurables, measurables. Wright ran an official 4.90-second 40-yard dash time at Indianapolis during the combine, and that coupled with concerns about his ability to cover at an NFL level saw him drop all the way to Round 7. Here are the cold hard facts about Wright’s play on the field at Arizona, however: In 2014, the only linebacker to grade higher against the run was Paul Dawson, then of TCU and now of the Cincinnati Bengals. Wright graded positively in coverage that year too, and had tremendous production as a pass-rusher with 14 sacks, seven hits and 27 hurries. Hurt for most of 2015, he has a shot to make a big impression in Cleveland."

Really hope Dawson gets some time this year.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 10:19 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Interesting bit within the Scooby paragraph.

Measurables, measurables, measurables. Wright ran an official 4.90-second 40-yard dash time at Indianapolis during the combine, and that coupled with concerns about his ability to cover at an NFL level saw him drop all the way to Round 7. Here are the cold hard facts about Wright’s play on the field at Arizona, however: In 2014, the only linebacker to grade higher against the run was Paul Dawson, then of TCU and now of the Cincinnati Bengals. Wright graded positively in coverage that year too, and had tremendous production as a pass-rusher with 14 sacks, seven hits and 27 hurries. Hurt for most of 2015, he has a shot to make a big impression in Cleveland."

Noticed that with some interest as well!
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 10:19 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Interesting bit within the Scooby paragraph.

In Cincinnati you wait your turn. I feel comfortable that he will get his shot. Mauluga and Dansby are short term, Dason is long term.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 10:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: In Cincinnati you wait your turn. I feel comfortable that he will get his shot. Mauluga and Dansby are short term, Dason is long term.

I'm guessing Dawson is our future SAM and Vigil is the future MIKE.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 04:25 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm guessing Dawson is our future SAM and Vigil is the future MIKE.

x2
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 04:25 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm guessing Dawson is our future SAM and Vigil is the future MIKE.

Nick Vigil is the past, present and future all at once.
Reply/Quote
Nick Vigil is our future Dan Skuta..... Hilarious
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Jackson and Billings both made ESPN's NFL Live all draft defensive team. The only 2 players from the same team. Now if they play the way we hope them to

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:12 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/05/02/draft-top-10-impact-sleeper-picks-from-the-2016-nfl-draft/

6. Christian Westerman, G, Cincinnati Bengals
We had a third-round grade on the former Arizona State Sun Devil, and the Bengals got him at pick 161 in the fifth-round. Tied for the 16th-highest grade among guards in this draft class, he was better as a pass-blocker than a run blocker. In pass protection he had the eighth-highest grade in the class, allowing just one sack, five hits and nine hurries in 2015. He put together a pair of solid seasons for the Sun Devils, grading positively both as a pass blocker and a run blocker in 2014 and 2015.

10. Andrew Billings, DT, Cincinnati Bengals
Did the belief that he isn’t more than a two-down player cause Billings, the No. 22 player on our board, to fall this past weekend, or was it concerns about his knees? Either way, it allowed the Bengals to draft a perfect long-term replacement for nose tackle Domata Peko in the fourth round. Billings had the 14th-highest overall grade of any player on the defensive interior in this draft class, and had the eighth-highest grade against the run. A perfect fit at nose tackle, he should be an upgrade over Peko, who has graded negatively in each of the past eight seasons.

Never a bad thing at all. I think Billings will be our starting DT for years to come. I can't believe we landed him in the 4th round, what a freakin' STEAL!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I don't really get my hopes up too high about any drafted players. Lots of them start out sounding like the greatest player since Red Grange, but few ever live up to the billing.
I'm hopeful, but I don't get all squishy inside over them.
Give them a few years and see how they do, but there is one constant and that is there will always be a certain contingent of fans who think they know more about players than any coach ever could and declare them busts and if it's not the players fault it's certainly the coaches fault if any player doesn't live up to expectations.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 04:42 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Nick Vigil is our future Dan Skuta.....  Hilarious

I try not to be too pessimistic, but this is what worries me haha...
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 09:10 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I try not to be too pessimistic, but this is what worries me haha...

Could be worse. We have drafted players in the 3rd/4th round who ended up not even close to Dan SKuta. He is still in the league after 6 years. If that's the floor, I'd be okay.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 09:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: Could be worse. We have drafted players in the 3rd/4th round who ended up not even close to Dan SKuta. He is still in the league after 6 years. If that's the floor, I'd be okay.

That's what I was thinking. Not that Skuta is all that, but he was good enough for Jax to offer him a pretty sizable contract.

Hopefully that's Vigil's floor. I know we once took another Utah State LB/DE who couldn't get on the field at all and was out of the league after 3-4 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:43 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Pekos consistent goin for 9 straight

Wow, they're really that stupid, they don't even know their own grades?

Peko was positive in 2011, I remember that distinctly BECAUSE it was his first year in the green cumulatively.

Now that they have their biggest and most-willing audience to read their content, they dumb themselves down and become completely useless.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 02:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wow, they're really that stupid, they don't even know their own grades?

Peko was positive in 2011, I remember that distinctly BECAUSE it was his first year in the green cumulatively.

Now that they have their biggest and most-willing audience to read their content, they dumb themselves down and become completely useless.

Now?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote