Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 opponents in 2016 based on 2015 standings
By virtue of the Broncos clinching the AFCW & the Texans clinching the AFCS, the Bengals now know which 2 teams they will play in 2016 based on 2015 standings. @ Houston and home vs Denver.
Reply/Quote
True that they are our opponents, but how are you figuring the location of the games? Just curious...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the update.  We have a good chance of winning both games.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: True that they are our opponents, but how are you figuring the location of the games?  Just curious...

I believe each year, you switch locations. We had Houston in Cincy and traveled to Denver. So it stands to reason that next season, it would be reversed.
Reply/Quote
Shouldn't we know all of our opponents now?

2x Browns, Ravens, Steelers

AFCE, NFCE

Houston, Denver
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I believe each year, you switch locations. We had Houston in Cincy and traveled to Denver. So it stands to reason that next season, it would be reversed.

We've had plenty of instances of back to back seasons hosting or traveling to a particular opponent, which is why I'm asking where he got that info.  He could be right, or he could be wrong.  I'm asking if that is an assumption or certainty.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:05 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Shouldn't we know all of our opponents now?

2x Browns, Ravens, Steelers

AFCE, NFCE

Houston, Denver

That is correct
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I believe each year, you switch locations. We had Houston in Cincy and traveled to Denver. So it stands to reason that next season, it would be reversed.

It has nothing to do with where we played them this year.  Home/away for the 2 games in question is pre-determined, check the link.  If we had finished in the same position as SD or KC we'd be hosting them next year even though we hosted them this year.

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals.php
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:16 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: It has nothing to do with where we played them this year.  Home/away for the 2 games in question is pre-determined, check the link.  If we had finished in the same position as SD or KC we'd be hosting them next year even though we hosted them this year.

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals.php

There's my answer.

He is correct in the locations, @ Houston and home vs. Denver.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote

They don't do it like that. I don't know how they decide, but i've seen the Bengals travel to the same team in consecutive games and vice versa.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote