Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-players stock rising and 2 falling
(09-13-2021, 11:32 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I suspect pally meant to say Hopkins? 

Now that I think about it I agree - Hendrickson had no injury he was coming off of. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:28 AM)Joelist Wrote: Trey? He had half a sack and a bunch of pressures. Also at least two of the holds by MN were in trying to stop him. He played a key role in the DL performance. Eli I agree with - he was a liability out there. 

(09-13-2021, 11:28 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Hendrickson?

Pretty obvious the dude meant Hopkins. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:32 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I suspect pally meant to say Hopkins? 

yep...

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 10:46 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: UP: Ogunjobi and BJ Hill - Both these guys were getting push / pressures/ sacks.  That trade for BJ Hill looks like we fleeced the giants.
Down: Trey hopkins and Eli Apple - both looked terrible

Sam Hubbard was non existant yesterday to me....too bad Ossai is out ..imagine how even more better our Passrush would have been.  
Aside from him Apple was dissapointing but he did lead the team in tackles, D Sample is a mess and cant wait until they finally make a move to get a legit tight end down the road. 
BJ, Larry O, Awuzie and of course Chase are rising.

Reply/Quote
Down.

Eli Apple - Single handedly gave up an entire drive and 7 points.
Trey Hopkins - Michael Piece beat Hopkins with power and at 350 pounds speed. Crazy.

Up.

Both Offensive Tackles - Reiff and Williams had an outstanding game.
Evan McPherson - A 53 yarder that had enough leg for 65 and a clutch game winner in Over Time.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
UP:

JAMAAR CHASE: Before the game I was actually able to pick him up on a waiver wire in fantasy; after the game I got offered Courtland Sutton for him and turned it down.

LARRY O.: There's a good chance Reeder is now the 2nd best DT on this team

DOWN:

LOGAN WILSON: Dude was invisible yesterday

DARIUS HODGE: Didn't even get his name called; he's not OSSAI
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:04 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Bad throw but dang man...at least dive for the ball trying to make the catch.

This.

Not defending bad throw made by Burrow, but Thomas has to lay out to try nd catch that.
Reply/Quote
Stock up:
Lou Anarumo: Defense looked transformed, physical and tackled really well.
The Jungle: Fans made it a true home field advantage so maybe that excitement can continue and the Jungle becomes a very tough place to play.

Stock down:
Fred Johnson: On the inactives list
Trey Hopkins: I think he will improve and is serviceable but he may take a bit to be completely healthy. He looked like he wasn't completely ready to be back from knee surgery to me.

As a side note, I know people are putting Apple here but he was brought in to be a backup and played like one. He wasn't brought in to be a starter so I think his stock is about the same.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 01:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: UP:

JAMAAR CHASE: Before the game I was actually able to pick him up on a waiver wire in fantasy; after the game I got offered Courtland Sutton for him and turned it down.

LARRY O.: There's a good chance Reeder is now the 2nd best DT on this team

DOWN:

LOGAN WILSON: Dude was invisible yesterday

DARIUS HODGE: Didn't even get his name called; he's not OSSAI

I think he did disrupt a 2nd and long throw on a delayed blitz late in the game. 
Reply/Quote
Hopkins is now at Russel Bodine level of liability

I don’t see him magically improving this season.

It’s crazy that he’s even out there in the first place
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 10:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Awuzie was a step behind IMO. Could have really cost them if Cousins didnt under throw the ball all day. Awuzie looked bad.

Really? What were you seeing that makes you think this? Not in a calling out way, genuinely curious. I thought he looked good. Referencing PFF, he gave up two catches for 26 yards on seven targets, one for a TD. I like referencing PFR as well, they have advanced stats on completions allowed etc.

Here is the recap if you’re curious.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-1-game-recap-cincinnati-bengals-27-minnesota-vikings-24
Reply/Quote
Up:
Elizabeth Blackburn, oooo see what I did there. She had the jungle roaring! Ok I kid, I just know people like to rag on her.

Real UP:
Joe Mixon — he says he wants to carry this team and city on his back. He did for the most part yesterday. He made a lot of plays on his own out there.
Pratt — he made memorable plays out there. A nice tackle or 2 at the line of scrimmage and the miraculous fumble forced against a very good running back.

Real DOWN:
Hubbard — would’ve liked to see more splash from him, but he did his job for the most part. I think he will start stepping up as offenses focus more on this beast interior and Hendrickson.
Sample — just wasn’t a factor, when your only mention is missing your block on a sack, you’re making the down list. Especially when your counterpart makes a clutch play to close the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 01:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think he did disrupt a 2nd and long throw on a delayed blitz late in the game. 

He did, he was pretty close to leveling Cousins, almost got there.
Reply/Quote
Stock up:

Lou Anarumo- we destroyed the guy when he had no talent to work with, but now the solid rotation and the scheme seemed to work very well stopping the biggest weapon on the VIkes (Cook).  61 yards on 20 carries with one carry of 17 yards is just flat getting it done.

Larry Ogunjobi-  Might not have been credited with more than one sack, but he was relentless and very tough in his normal 3T position

Stock down:

Trey Hopkins-  Might not seem fair coming off injury, but the guy was so slow off the snap, many of those sacks came from a guy lined up directly over him that swam by him in an instant.  Hunter is a hell of a player, but I am sure other teams will be taking notice of that play.  If he can't get it done, they may have to look at Hill.  He had a single digit passing grade.  We would be murdering anyone else that did that.  He's out there.  He has to produce or be replaced.  

Drew Sample-  I really like the guy but he has to stop lunging, and move his feet.  If he gets blown up, fine, but you have to at least SLOW DOWN the rusher, not be a screen door turning while he blows by you.
Reply/Quote
Not limiting myself to two.

UP:
Chase
Spain
Reader
L. Wilson
Pratt
Ogunjobi
Awuzie
Tupou
R. Allen
ADG

Down:
Hopkins
Apple
Zach Taylor
Reply/Quote
Not saying he played better than everyone else mentioned here, but I don't see how anyone's stock could have risen more than BJ Hill's.
Reply/Quote
People are still giving Katie Blackburn 100% credit for building this team?

Y tho
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not saying he played better than everyone else mentioned here, but I don't see how anyone's stock could have risen more than BJ Hill's.

BJ Hill is a game changer for this defense

I’ll gladly die on that hill.

The BJ Hill.

Gladly
Reply/Quote